All reviews pancake machine pool and hot tub bagels quiet location would stay here again horse show nice stay fair grounds nice clean hotel nice breakfast new york off the highway continental breakfast comfortable beds parking lot stayed one night shuttle service
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Even though the hotel was far from my event, it was very easy to access from the highway. The employees are friendly and the place was clean. Lots of parking spaces and breakfast was deliciously good. As I walked in, I was greeted with water and fruits on the right side of the reception area. I believe in 1st impression and appearances count :)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank SummerLax
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Members of my family stayed here for a funeral and the hotel could not have been more helpful and considerate. There were changes in reservations that they took in stride, and they put us in rooms close together. At the last minute, we made arrangements to have a family meal for 20 in their meeting room, and I was impressed by how well it went. We had food catered by Peppino's that we had to pick up, and that went off without a hitch. I had special attention given to us by Carol and Andrew. Two minor points...a hotel pool is frequently not very well used, but this one was really crowded while we were there. Two of our rooms weren't ready until some time after 3. The lobby has pleasant seating, so it wasn't a problem - just not expected. The location requires GPS coming from the east on 90 but is easily accessed from 690. The room was comfortable and clean.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank VTLongTimeTraveler
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Always clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Great location easy on and off the expressway. Plus breakfast in the lobby is perfect way to start the day. Rates are reasonable and even has a bar and restaurant available on site.

Stayed: November 2017
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share a review. We do in fact have a friendly staff and our location is ideal for access to I-90 & I-690 in Syracuse. And, you cant go wrong with a great Holiday Inn Express complimentary hot breakfast!

However, I dont want to confuse future visitors as our hotel does not have a bar and restaurant onsite. We are a short driving distance to local and national restaurants, as well as DestinyUSA.

Again, thank you and we are glad to know you enjoy the Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express brands!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Nice, clean hotel, but you can hear every conversation your neighbors are having. If they have kids, you will be up early. If you are getting up early, stay here, if you want to sleep in, don't. Wish they would put in sound proofing.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Christopher S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad to know that you found our hotel to be clean and nice. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our rooms, particularly with sound insulation. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team for evaluation.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Occasionally we travel to Syracuse for family gatherings (weddings, birthdays, etc.). We always stay at this property. While seemingly out of the way, this hotel is located just off the Thruway or I690 and within 10 minutes of any of the major attractions in the area. The property is isolated, in quiet meadow surroundings that are excellent for walking or a jog provided Syracuse’s weather permits. The hotel is clean with comfortable beds and climate control. Most of the staff we engaged were polite, courteous, and friendly but a few were “neutral”. Our stay happened to coincide with a high school regional sporting event. Though well behaved and very polite, as to be expected, there was occasional evidence of teenage activity. Sometimes it is amusing to observe and remember the vitality of youth. The staff did there level best to minimize any perceived inconvenience. The complimentary breakfast had a pleasant variety of fresh choices. The exercise room actually had free weights and the Business Center was accommodating. We did not use the pool but it seemed clean and appealing. This property is a notch above average.

Room Tip: Upper Floor Suites are nice.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. You nailed it... we are in a quiet location, but still close to everything! I am pleased to know your interaction with our staff was positive and I appreciate your understanding of the youth group that stayed with us during your time here too.

I hope we will see you again the next time you are in Syracuse!