Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport
Agoda.com
US$61
US$58
Red Roof
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Fitness centre
US$191
US$161
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssyracuse airportfront deskpark and flyearly flightroom was cleanshuttle serviceindoor poolhot breakfastfirst floorwould stay here againmattressesclerkchannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This was my first visit to this new Holiday Inn Express property. I've stayed at seven or eight others and this one ranks near the bottom of the group. Upon checking in, the clerk was busy packing bags for the gold and platinum members and couldn't be bothered to look up to greet me. Even after I had his attention, he took a phone call and didn't totally give me his full attention. Even though it was a cold night and a winter storm was winding down, he sent me back outside to get my license number -- most properties will just accept a state, make and color. The room was pretty standard, but the pillows on the king-sized bed were small and flat. My wife and I each took two of the four, which wasn't even enough to prop you up to read or watch TV. Not the fault of the HIE, but a front-end loader next door plowed a parking lot from 2-6 a.m., keeping me up much of the night. The next morning, I found the breakfast room and buffet to be about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of other HIE properties we had stayed at. On a pleasant note, when I brought our car around to pack it, the employee shoveling snow asked me if I needed any help -- very nice of him. Overall, this HIE seemed "cheaper" in a way than the others. I hope that they won't be cutting corners on future properties. The best HIE we've stayed at is still in Hermitage, PA. Stay there if you're in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport. I also want to thank you for all the feedback you provided to us on your stay. While you did not find the room amenties to be up to par, I was pleased to see that you found the staff to be helpul and friendly. Safe travels~

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is a great property. The rooms are just what you expect, clean, quiet and well priced. I took advantage of their park and fly offering and thought that was great. The van driver on both trips was great and friendly. The only downside is there is a guy working at nights at the front desk that should really be somewhere else. He's not client service focussed and leaves a trail of disappointed guests. I'll choose another place to stay next time just to not have to deal with him.

Room Tip: Request the ground floor, north side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and all that we offer here. Safe Travels~

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very good airport hotel. Park and fly option, shuttle. The driver and desk staff were very friendly! Highly recommend this hotel. They have free breakfast and Wifi is also complimentary. There is a little pool and 2 treadmills.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Andrew B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the feedback you shared for other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed the hot free breakfast buffet we serve daily. Safe travels~

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Typical Holiday Inn Express; nicely equipped, up to date, etc. However, I had one issue with my room that I've only experienced a few times - noise from rooms above mine. I was on the 2nd floor, and had to endure "stomping feet" noises through the night and even at 3:45 a.m. (early flight, maybe??). I've become used to noise issues from next door, but listening to an apparent family of 8 walk back and forth, and back and forth.....and back and forth, really got old. Of course, there's nothing the staff can do about this, but just be aware.

The hotel shuttle was nice - on time with a friendly driver.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank REtraveler

Thank you for the recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport. I am glad that enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the feedback you provided on the noise you could hear above you as well, we are looking into this issue and hope to have it resolved. Safe Travels~

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I booked one night prior to my family's flight out of syracuse. The rate included parking for the duration of the trip that made it a great value compared to airport parking. The hotel was clean and updated. The indoor pool was warm enough to enjoy, although a hot tub would have been great. I will definitely use them again when I have a long trip with an early morning flight. The shuttle was prompt and professional on the way out. We returned in the middle of the night and were told the shuttle was no longer running, but the hotel paid for the airport taxi.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Andrew B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the great feedback you supplied us with. We hope to see you again in the future and safe travels!