“Good place to stay convenient to airport”

Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stay here often when flying out of Syracuse. It's got clean and up-to-date rooms at a moderate price. They also have airport valet which can be very convenient. I have found the staff to be very friendly. Sometimes I have booked the wrong location as there is another HIE up the road a few miles. When this has happened and I show up at the wrong place, the staff have been very helpful in either getting me a last minute room or giving me directions to the correct place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stays and reviews for our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoy staying with us and that our staff is always friendly and helpful during your stays with us. Safe Travels~

Reviewed 13 May 2014

i have stayed at the HIE on two occasion for extended work assignments. the staff is wonderful, very friendly and efficient. The rooms are nicely cleaned and the property is well maintained. i don't plan to be back in the area, but if i am I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your 2 visits to our hotel, I am glad to see you enjoyed everything about your stay. Safe Travels~

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here during the State Fair. The staff was very friendly and accomidating. Our room was clean and very comfortable. It was nice to be able to walk down stairs and grab breakfast. I little packed, but thats what you will get during the Fair.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Aiport. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and tried the breakfast. We hope to see you again in the near future. Have safe travels~

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed here for two nights on business. The hotel is convenient to the airport, about 1 1/2 miles and located right off the highway. There is plenty of meal choices in the restaurants around the area from sit down to fast food. There are also two grocery stores within a mile if you forget anything like a toothbrush or just want a late night snack. The room came with a decent sized flat screen a chair and stool, along with a desk and chair. Room was comfortable, plenty of electrical outlets but did not have a mini fridge or microwave (there is a microwave down by the snack machines in the event you want to heat up leftovers or make popcorn).

The Good - the hotel is conveniently located, is clean and the rooms are sizeable. The staff was pretty friendly and they do have an indoor pool. In addition, they serve a decent hotel breakfast that is included in the price each morning. They also delivered a news paper to the room which was nice. Bathroom amenities are the standard Holiday Inn items. Location is close to the airport and about 4 miles from downtown Syracuse or about 15 minutes.

The Not so good - the hotel gym only has two treadmills and a rowing machine. There are no weights or machines to use and the treadmills, while nice, are what I would consider more of a home type treadmill. The hotel itself is somewhat pricey for what you get. I paid $135 a night for a regular room. Coffee here is horrible (as it is at all of the IHG hotels except the Intercontinental), they do have snack machines but you will be charged $2 or more for a small bottle of water. Parking can be difficult here as it is connected to a Candlewood Suite parking area. I have been here both in the summer and winter and in the winter, it can be a headache with the snow plowing. Pillows were horrible but the bed was okay. Movie prices were outrageous at $16.00 for a regular movie.

For a short stay of a night or two, this place wouldn't be too bad. Internet worked fine with no knock offs, was quiet and well kept. If I had to stay longer, I'd stay at the Candlewood next to this which I've stayed at a couple of times previously.

This hotel is safe for families and the kids would enjoy the indoor pool. If you have kids, ask for a room directly across from the pool as the pool wall has large windows where you can see the kids. This also would allow easy access to the back parking area where parking is much easier.

Room Tip: See my tip on the rooms by the pool on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jmoonesq
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear jmoonesq,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide particularly with the rates and food choices. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had a flight diverted and was sent to stay here, room was very big and clean, hotel is only 6 years old and one of the best Holiday Inn hotels I have stayed in. The staff were well organised and did a good job considering the amount of people they were processing. Breakfast is basic and not many healthy options but overall a happy stay under frustrating circumstances.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport. I am sorry to see that you stayed with us due to flight issues, but I am glad we were able to take care of you and get you on your way the next day to your destination. Safe Travels~

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I needed a place close to the airport for a very early departure. The wake up call was on time; the shuttle service on time and organized. The only negative for me, was no elevator and I had a large piece of luggage to truck up and down the stairs. I would stay there again for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Elizabeth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with here at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport. I am pleased to see you enjoyed the shuttle service we provide at no charge and the guest service from our staff. Safe Travels~

Beth

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I normally stay at a higher end chain hotel.
But from now on when I'm in Syracuse this will be my hotel of choice.
Sean at the front seat is worth his weight in gold. And in truth the entire staff was.
They picked me up on time, check in was great, the hotel was clean, the gym was nice. The staff was knowledgable about the area.
I can't say enough about this hotel.
If you stay in Syracuse you should stay here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your recent stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport. I am vert pleased to see you enjoyed the service Sean gave you during your stay. I have showed him this and the entire staff here. Safe Travels and we hope to see you again!!

Elizabeth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds

Been to Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!