“Woukd stay again”

Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
port st lucie
“Woukd stay again”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Had a great stay. Teri and rest of staff couldn't do enough to make my visit more comfortable. Asked to change rooms and were very accommodating. Breakfast buffet was beyond expectations including fruits, waffles, juices, sausage etc etc. Room more than meet my needs(clean and roomy).

Room Tip: Although near major highways located a distance from shopping and restaurants.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review! Our staff really appreciated your comments! I hope you will stay with us again soon!

MaryJo A.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The location was good, just right outside of the city and nearby where I needed to be. It's only 20 minutes away from the Carousel/Destiny USA mall. The hotel was under construction, but was presentable in the lobby and dining area. The hotel offered a hot continental breakfast, which was good. And coffee is offered anytime of day. There was a small exercise room. The room was neat and clean - nice/new like carpets and bedspreads. However, the bathroom needed some renovation work. The sink was stained, the mirror showed wear, wall paper was peeling in a few areas, and there appeared to be a couple of water stains on the ceiling. The tile floor in the bathroom appeared new. I stayed in room #217.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We hope you will stop in again to see what we have done with the new renovations! The bathrooms, as you mentioned are definately on our list as well!
Stop in again, we would love to have you continue to stay with us!

New Paltz
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn Fairgrounds for my niece's graduation. My sisters were staying at this property so that is why I booked a room. My room on the first floor had a king bed, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave, coffe pot, and a whirlpool tub/shower. The bed was firm, just the way I like it. The breakfast area clearly is in renovation with just big square tables which made it akward for smaller parties to eat breakfast by yourself. The breakfast was ok, not as good as some other Comfort Inns I've stayed at.. but ok. There isn't a restaurant nearby, usually when I stay at a Comfort Inn the property is situated next to at least one or sometimes two restaurants within walking distance so that is a minus. But I did google ahead of time to find out about the property and brought a cooler with a sandwich since I knew I wold be arriving later in the evening and not wanting to drive to a mall for a dinner. The side doors for this property do NOT have security locks to open with your room key. I have never stayed at a property where you could just walk in a side door like that without a room key to swipe on entrance. They really need to fix that for the security of the guests.

Room Tip: If you plan to arrive later in the evening don't count on a restaurant near by, stop first for a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us! Stop in again, our breakfast area is now complete with much color, comfort and smaller tables as you requested! The side entrance door room key entrance concern you mentioned is on our list as well! We hope to see you again soon!

Wright City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stopped off for one night while heading across NY state on I-90. If you don't have a GPS it can be confusing to get to even though it sits right next to the Thruway. Breakfast room was under construction but you could still get to everything. Breakfast was nothing to get excited about but it worked in a pinch. The room was really quite nice. You could tell it was an older hotel... my guess is a Hampton Inn in its previous life. Bed was OK... did have nice new carpet and furniture. I'm heading back the same way in a couple of days but I think I'll skip this hotel this time through. Staff that I dealt with was pretty good. Hotel seems to sit pretty much by itself. I didn't see any restaurants of any kind going to or from the hotel.

Room Tip: There are plenty of other hotels in the Syracuse area. Maybe it will be better when they finish the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Your comments are appreciated. We are making alot of changes and our renovations are moving in a positive direction. Our staff would love to have you return to stay with us again!

Brookline, NH
Reviewed 8 April 2013

As treetuner wrote the hotel is under going a renovation. I was very please with the friendly staff and comfortable bed. Room was clean, not immaculate, but clean. My room had new furnishings and the only bad experience was the refrigerator froze food and drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us! Your comments certainly assist us in taking care of issues that need attention! We hope to see you again as we move forward with our new changes!

Binghamton NY
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Hotel has been under rennovation for at least 2 years. It's the breakfast area's turn now which will be roomier and updated Many dog-show people were there this week-end, and even tho breakfast isn't scheduled til 6:30am, the staff had it ready for us before 6:00am every morning! Furnishings in our room were a bit worn (hand towels were frayed and bedspreads were worn), but housekeeping was top notch. Staff added additional trash cans at side entrances for dog-waste pick-ups. Also, I left our toiletries bag in the room at check out, and the staff gladly overnighted it to me (for a fee, of course). Any inconveniences due to the reconstruction are made up for by the customer-oriented staff. Thank YOU.

Room Tip: Hotel is situated between the NYS Thruway with an adjacent exit and I-690. The 690 side has less tr...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
gm_ny090, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Hello Again!

So glad you have returned to stay with us ! It is always a pleasure! We are, as you know making some positive changes to our hotel. Your comments are always greatly appreciated! Thank you for the comment on the bedspreads, I am happy to tell you that this is one of our upcoming changes!
looking forward to have you stay with us again!

Boston
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Standard room at Comfort Inn, clean and neat. Breakfast was standard as well. No pool at this time. Staff were exceptionally friendly over the phone, very welcoming to our dog, a Labrador retriever, who had a nice stay as well. The woman who made the phone reservation actually left me a highlighted map so I could get to Onondaga Lake, which included a nice trip over an old-fashioned single lane bridge. Great, easy, safe run/walking path along Onondaga Lake, 4-6 miles, parking at both ends, highly recommended. We stay in Syracuse driving between Boston and Cleveland every year, in part for running on Onondaga Lake, in part for having dinner at Ichiban Restaurant. Free wifi. Construction in lobby should end soon. Note location is near highway which is nice, but no restaurant/bar nearby. We'd certainly return again, although may stay at Comfort Inn with indoor pool near Buckley Road for just a little more (also dog friendly, restaurant/bar on premises, more nearby).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on opposite side away from highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us! I certainly hope we will see you again soon. We have alot of positive changes going on here and would love for you to return! Please do not hesitate to contact me at gm.ny090@choicehotels.com. I will be happy to assist you !