“Would have paid more money to sleep”
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel using hotwire.com and had a discounted rate. They didn't provide 2 beds even when I requested after my booking. They didn't include parking since I "did an online booking" and lastly I had the noisy floor. People knocked on the door next to mine for over a hour off and on. 1am-2am. They send security but when they didn't answer the door nothing happened. Other guests have come out and spoke to them explain people were sleeping. I know the hotel can't help others from being rude but after multiple complaints I feel they should have done something more. Bed was nice but I would have preferred the 2 as I requested. Bathroom is very small and no fan. Overall I would stay again but would pay the difference and hope the other guest on my floor are more polite.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kelly C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Greetings Erikashirley,
Thank you for staying with us as well as your review! We appreciate all feedback; it makes us a better hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had noisy neighbors; hopefully next time you stay they will be quieter. Next time you book I would recommend calling a head of time to make sure you can get the bed type you prefer. I do hope you give us a second chance. Hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I checked in June 25th for 4 nights on an employee booking for a horse show at the fairgrounds. I called in advance to request 2 beds and the front desk agent was very accommodating. When we checked in the systems were down but that didn't stop the front desk clerk from checking us into our room.
I loved the lounge the atmosphere was great and it was nice to be able to have a drink and grab a bite to eat.
The bathrooms are very small and it does get steamy in there as there isn't a fan but the rain style shower was nice!
Our room was right by the highway but it didn't bother us at all. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in the area. It's close to the fairgrounds and a short drive to the Destiny USA shopping centre!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request to be away from the highway
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Allison_Rach

Greetings Allison_Rach,
Thank you for staying with us as well as your review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able accommodate your bedding type! Yes our showers are very enjoyable! Next time you should check out the mall, it is an all day event! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I booked an online reservation with my cc and requested an early check in arriving a little before noon and my room was not ready. My family and I left for lunch and returned almost 2 hours later...... and the rooms still were not ready. We had to wait until almost 4pm to actually check in. We were told the early check in request is based on availability.

Upon checking in, I was told my room was not paid although I submitted my CC online and received confirmation (Really??). I was also charged a room charge and told I would be billed upon check out - OK, that should be made clear on the website (why ask for a CC on the website and give confirmation of the reservation for the 10 day early rate if your not charging until checkout??)

I proceeded to my room on the executive floor with great views. My room was right next to the elevator on the 18th floor, and I heard folks getting off quite often. Ohh yes, the elevators are a little strange - before you get in, you punch in the the floor your getting into from the outside and it tells you which elevator bank to go catch in order to get to your floor A, B, C... (Very confusing).

My room had great views but did not have the plush robes that are supposed to come with the room. (I was too exhausted to call down after such a long wait - we were headed out to our familys house in about an hour.

This was my second stay in four years - The beds are just as comfortable as they were before and the shower unique. Open concept with the rainshower head (I'm african american so we don't wet our hair with every shower). Cool the first time around, but a pain to stand in and not get your hair wet... lol

My review went to very good because I received a comp buffet breakfast the next morning and a little off my room rate for the inconvenience . So, this made my overall review better than average. The hotel was clean, and bustling with activity - a few weddings and events going on - Overall cool hotel to stay for a weekend.

Room Tip: Executive floors away from the elevator banks are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kelly C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Greetings Shavier,
Thank you for staying with the Crowne Plaza Syracuse as well as your review! I am sorry to hear that your stay started off rocky. Yes our elevators and showers are quite different and fun. The elevator always keeps you guessing! The showers are relaxing as they should be. I am however happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and we were able to make up for the long wait for your room when you got here. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is a cylinder shape, very different, but neat design! The rooms were a little on the smaller side, as well there wasn't much room in the bathroom, nor was there a fan, so it often got steamy. There was also water damage in the room but that is what you get when there are no doors / shower curtains available.
The beds were comfortable and the room was clean.
The shuttle service to and from the downtown area was fantastic and very convenient, we used it often.
Overall, the location was great, and the hotel staff were friendly. It's a great place to stay especially if you are just sleeping there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings CNA77,
Thank you for staying with the Crowne Plaza Syracuse as well as your review! I am glad to see that you got to take advantage of our shuttle. It is truly a useful thing in a city that you are not familiar with! Yes our unique shape makes for interesting bathrooms, but the showers are pretty amazing! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I could have written this review several years ago, after my first visit. Now after 6 or 7 times coming to Syracuse for business, I can say that it is one of my favorite hotels. Besides the clean and well-appointed guest rooms, great location to downtown restaurants and entertainment, complimentary shuttle and a fitness room with newer equipment, the staff really knows how to treat and take care of their guests. Indoor parking for those cold snowy Syracuse winter days, close to the interstate and easy to locate. If you’re traveling to Syracuse or on your way through, give them a try. The kitchen has always been consistent and food is always hot and tasty. I have tried the fish tacos, chicken wings, ahi tuna and the rack of lamb. I have spent the evenings working in the lounge area watching a game and having dinner served at my comfy chair on these small tables that are perfect for your computer for work or for your dinner. A good wine selection and fun bar staff round out the experience. Thanks again SBLOCK@CPSYRACUSE.COM

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Kelly C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Greetings Rainman04,
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Syracuse during your most recent stay to Syracuse. Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate all the kind words. I will be sure to share this with the rest of the staff as well as Sarah! We have actually just started up outside seating wtih Redfields, so next time you come you can dine outside with the same menu items that you enjoy inside! Hope to see you soon!
Kelly -- Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2014

What can I add to the previous reviews, it's more or less already been said! Our room was on the 7th floor and yes we had an awful lot of road noise, to cover this we had on the air condition unit but not sure which was worse probably the traffic noise. Having said this the staff in the restaurant were lovely and the food was good and reasonably priced. Just wish I'd read the hotels reviews a bit better and taken more notice....... Would I stay here again NO!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77belle
Kelly C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Greetings 77belle,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your most recent trip to Syracuse. We appreciate all feedback both positive and negative; it makes us a better hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay to the fullest. Next time you visit us we can try and get you higher up or a room away from the highway if available. However, I will be sure to pass along your kind comments about our restaurant staff to the manager for him to share with everyone. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding this past weekend. The friendliest staff at the hotel. NOT at the restaurant. Gloria was out server she was moody and rude. Pretty sure she was extremely bored. Made for awkward service. The room was clean and well decorated. It was very small, but nice all the same.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly C, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Greetings Maria K,
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your room while staying with us and enjoyed the staff. I am terribly sorry that you were not able to enjoy your experience in the restaurant. I will be sure to pass that along to the restaurant manager so that he can use this review as a training tool. I do hope that you give us a second chance the next time you are in Syracuse.