“Excellent Stay”
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Reviewed 1 September 2014

we booked at last minute - what a great find! Location was good. Quiet stay Staff was very nice. No king beds were available so we had a double - but it was quiet comfy. Ordered pizza to the room - called front desk and they were helpful. Although we didnt use the gym at this hotel it appeared very nice

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelly C, Front Office Management at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Greetings pamelakmeyer,
Thank you for staying with us as well as your review! I am happy to see that you had a pleasant experience with us. Our staff is always aiming to please. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

The room are nice and comfortable. But the front desk service is questionable. The shuttle service not available at times unless scheduled 2-3 hrs ahead for drop off and pick up. Sometimes takes longer. Area nothing to do within walking distance. But it is close to all hospitals.

Room Tip: Not sure the building is round. All rooms has a highway view or parking lot view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Denny G
Thank you for staying with us as well as your review! I am sorry for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay. I will address the staff to ensure they are more welcoming and helpful. do hope you give us another chance and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and tranquil. They have a bar in a lounge type setting. The rooms were clean and seemed up to date. The shower to me was the best part. The staff was very courteous. They let us check early too, which was pretty cool. I will definitely be staying here again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Kelly C, Front Office Managment at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Greetings RondellBread
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Syracuse as well as your review! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our staff is always happy to fulfill any request. We hope you and your family will be back soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay here this month. Executive Lounge breakfast included but not on weekends. My first visit was on a weekend and breakfast is only served in the restaurant, really very nice, everything you need is on the table, attentive staff asks if you'd like juice or coffee, nice buffet, or order separately. This time It's a weekday so I go to the "Executive Lounge" and it's full of bare tables, buffet only as far as I could tell. Get your own EVERYTHING. Your own coffee silverware, everything. I ask the sullen staff women standing in the corner if I should just sit anywhere, and she shruggs her shoulders and says "yes yes wherever". There is ONE salt and pepper at the buffet, no yogurt like the restaurant, some people were clearing their own dishes..fine but really?
Maybe someone forgot to tell me something? Looking forward to the weekend so I can eat in the restaurant again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Kelly C, Front Office Management at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you waq for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast in Redfield's. I will inform my restaurant manager about your dissatisfaction with the Executive Lounge. We do hope to have you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Surprised by how updated the rooms were. Great value, and very comfortable beds. The front desk staff could use some training. Not helpful at all when asked for directions. Overall a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us as well as your review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your satay with us and liked the renovations. I will pass this along to the front desk staff so they can help all guests with their needs. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on business. This hotel was updated recently, bathroom features slate, stone and glass. Hair dryer and iron included but no robe or slippers. Bed was very comfortable, wide range of pillows to choose from. Room was clean. Fan was kind of lound but I always bring earplugs anyway. Breakfast was good, egg white omelets with spinach and tomato were good, bacon and sausage were tasty, mixed melon and strawberries were fresh. Coffee was good, mild like Kona coffee.

They forgot to tell me at the desk that I needed to go to the exec lounge for my inclusive breakfast, so the waitress had to fix that for me.

I stayed on the 19th floor and I brought earplugs, but the traffic noise wasn't too bad even though I faced the highway.

Parking is $9 per day in a separate garage across a covered walkway.

Elevators are completely confusing. You enter your floor number and from the upper floors, there is no choice but to go to the lounge or lobby.

Business center is just off the lounge, not a separate room. Computers and printers worked.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us as well as your review! I am happy to see that you had a pleasant experience with us. I'm glad you took advantage of the restaurant on site and enjoyed your meal. I apologize for any inconvenience the elevators may have caused during your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel lobby, lounge and restaurant were newer, clean, well laid out and with modern, but neutral decor. The staff was friendly and courteous at each location. Our room was clean and modern with a nice floor plan. The toilet and shower were separate from the sink area. The toilet and shower area was tiny and awkward. You have to step next to the toilet to close the door.

The lounge area was the nicest space with a really friendly bartender. The restaurant service was good, but the salads with salmon we ordered were acceptable, but not impressive.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel (near the parking deck) to cut down on traffic noise. The fr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Kelly C, Front Office Management at Crowne Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Greetings Deborah P
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Syracuse as well as your review! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you and your family will be back soon!