“Good value”

Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
“Good value”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We have stayed at this establishment perhaps 10 times over the past 5 years or so. We get to the Syracuse area maybe twice per year and have almost always stayed here. It is affordable; the location is handy to just about everything; there are lots of amenities; the free breakfast is OK; the whirlpool is amazing. There are signs of wear and tear but nothing too bad. The rooms are spacious. The TVs have been updated recently to flatscreen, If you're coming from Canada, they offer great weekend packages with special Cdn pricing (and a free pizza meal). All in all, we are happy staying here. It won't "wow" you in any way, but it will provide good, solid, affordable accommodation close to everything.

Room Tip: Many of the interior rooms face the pool area. YOu may wish to avoid this by asking for an exterior...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RexT
Mary Kay W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Syracuse, New York. We truly appreciate your positive comments, which are a pleasure to share with the entire staff. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites and I truly hope we will continue to be your first choice for Syracuse accommodations, as we truly appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Syracuse on the way back from a lengthy driving visit to Canada. The room was clean and comfortable, but a refrigerator and microwave in the room would have made this a five star review. The hotel is easily reached from the New York State Thruway and I-81.

There are two microwaves out in the public areas for guest use. We chose the one near the vending machines, which was woefully slow and underpowered. It took forever to cook our dinners, which we purchased at the nearby Wegman's supermarket. For those of you who haven't been to Wegman's before, it is the crown jewel of supermarkets.

Back to the Comfort Inn. The public area is huge, and includes a bar, large swimming pool, video game room for the kids, and public computer terminals. Breakfast featured the usual assortment of Choice Hotel menu options hard boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. Incidentally, as a frequent customer of Choice Hotels, I have to ask - are the scrambled eggs made from a liquid mix, or from a powder to which water is added? All answers will be kept strictly confidential.

Jean at the front desk was great. Not only was she wonderfully welcoming when we checked in, but she also helped us find Sound Garden, the best record store in Syracuse. I should say cd and dvd store, as they didn't have too much in the way of vinyl.

Not the greatest Comfort Inn ever (we'd been really spoiled in Canada), but a very friendly one, and one to which we are already planning to pay a return visit.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here one night after driving down from Ontario - we were flying out of Syracuse early the next morning. I thought the hotel was clean, staff were very friendly. The room was spacious, wake-up call was on time, breakfast was average (included) and the rate we had also included 10 nights of free parking. The shuttle the next morning took less than 10 minutes to get us to the airport and was on time.

Yes, the property could use a general overhaul, but we weren't spending a week there, just one night. For one night, with parking and breakfast included I thought it was a good deal.

Aside: I left my Kindle in my room and noticed it once I was already seated on the plane. I called once I reached my destination. The staff were very helpful in tracking it down for me and I picked it up when I got back to get my car. Manager Ashley was stellar! Thanks again and I really appreciate the honesty of your staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joannhennigar
Reviewed 12 October 2011

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The airline put me up here after a cancelled flight. The internet rates of $59/night would have not made this hotel a great value if that is what I had paid. This is a very old hotel which while badly in need of a renovation was at least clean Like the hotel in general, my room showed its age, but the size was average for this economy class of hotel, and while there was free in-room wi-fi, it was really slow. The bed was fairly comfortable and pretty quiet even with the freeway and airport close by. Shower has hot and strong. Both Denny’s and Tim Horton’s is a short walk, as are some limited retail establishments, although at night be careful as the road is not well lighted The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes to the airport and was dependable. Breakfast was average continental fare, although Dannon light yogurt was a nice surprise. The staff was friendly. The gym was dismal. In summary, this is basic bare bones airport accommodations, but there are probably better deals in the area. No real complaints or problems, just nothing special.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We stayed in room 116 - this room needs a serious renovation. Someone tried to patch the carpet - and it did not go well. The piece of carpet was to small and was frayed. They have removed the wall thermostat and did't borth fixing it properly - they just wall papered over it. (LOL). The room also had a very sickly sweet air freshener smell to it - so much that it gave me a headache.We lite candles to get rid of the smell. The carpet looked dirty and the bed spead looked old. Did any of this prevent us from having a good night sleep...nope. We could get the room, cool, dark and it was quiet....all was good.

Woudl I come back - probably yes.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Room clean but had a odor, ended with having bites (Possabily Flea)
Floor was softer then the bed
Hot Breakfast was the same every day Biscuits and Gravy, plus regular cold food.
Locating it on a GPS was a trip in it self
Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!