Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Courtyard
  • Pool
US$109
US$105
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$104
CandlewoodSuites
  • Fitness centre
Best Western The Inn At The Fairgrounds(Syracuse)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$110
Travelocity
US$180
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubatrium areanice pooldestiny mallbreakfast areawafflesfree breakfasthot breakfastexercise roomsyracuse airportroom was spaciousshuttle servicebuckleycanadainnsthruway
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Dated hotel, could use some updating, but clean and friendly staff. Breakfast was pretty good for free. Cheap place to stay while driving through Town.

Room Tip: If you have kids, up-grade to suit for $20 bucks more, good deal
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we value your opinion. We continuously strive to make improvements, such as our recent updates of bedding, guest room bathrooms, lighting, artwork and painting. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We booked at this hotel because of its convenience to our parents who live in the senior complex directly behind the Comfort Inn. We were pleasantly surprised; the hotel was fairly inexpensive but the amenities are great. Many rooms surround an indoor pool (make sure you request and interior one!). There is also a small bar & restaurant, fitness room and computer cafe in the same general area. The hotel is pet-friendly and we received a little goody bag for our pup when we checked in. The breakfast was very good and the hotel staff was great!

Our room was comfortable and spacious. The furnishings, carpet and bathroom looks like they were recently updated. My only complaint about our room is that it needed a little cosmetic updating . . . wallpaper was peeling in a couple of spots, there was a water spot on the ceiling and the bathroom needed some new caulking.

All-in-all this was a great place to stay and we will definitely stay there whenever we are in Syracuse visiting our parents.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for one of the interior rooms surrounding if you'd like a view of the indoor pool through your floor-to-ceiling windows.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TNTraveler116
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We have stayed at this establishment perhaps 10 times over the past 5 years or so. We get to the Syracuse area maybe twice per year and have almost always stayed here. It is affordable; the location is handy to just about everything; there are lots of amenities; the free breakfast is OK; the whirlpool is amazing. There are signs of wear and tear but nothing too bad. The rooms are spacious. The TVs have been updated recently to flatscreen, If you're coming from Canada, they offer great weekend packages with special Cdn pricing (and a free pizza meal). All in all, we are happy staying here. It won't "wow" you in any way, but it will provide good, solid, affordable accommodation close to everything.

Room Tip: Many of the interior rooms face the pool area. YOu may wish to avoid this by asking for an exterior room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RexT
Mary Kay W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites, Syracuse, New York. We truly appreciate your positive comments, which are a pleasure to share with the entire staff. Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites and I truly hope we will continue to be your first choice for Syracuse accommodations, as we truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Syracuse on the way back from a lengthy driving visit to Canada. The room was clean and comfortable, but a refrigerator and microwave in the room would have made this a five star review. The hotel is easily reached from the New York State Thruway and I-81.

There are two microwaves out in the public areas for guest use. We chose the one near the vending machines, which was woefully slow and underpowered. It took forever to cook our dinners, which we purchased at the nearby Wegman's supermarket. For those of you who haven't been to Wegman's before, it is the crown jewel of supermarkets.

Back to the Comfort Inn. The public area is huge, and includes a bar, large swimming pool, video game room for the kids, and public computer terminals. Breakfast featured the usual assortment of Choice Hotel menu options hard boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. Incidentally, as a frequent customer of Choice Hotels, I have to ask - are the scrambled eggs made from a liquid mix, or from a powder to which water is added? All answers will be kept strictly confidential.

Jean at the front desk was great. Not only was she wonderfully welcoming when we checked in, but she also helped us find Sound Garden, the best record store in Syracuse. I should say cd and dvd store, as they didn't have too much in the way of vinyl.

Not the greatest Comfort Inn ever (we'd been really spoiled in Canada), but a very friendly one, and one to which we are already planning to pay a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here one night after driving down from Ontario - we were flying out of Syracuse early the next morning. I thought the hotel was clean, staff were very friendly. The room was spacious, wake-up call was on time, breakfast was average (included) and the rate we had also included 10 nights of free parking. The shuttle the next morning took less than 10 minutes to get us to the airport and was on time.

Yes, the property could use a general overhaul, but we weren't spending a week there, just one night. For one night, with parking and breakfast included I thought it was a good deal.

Aside: I left my Kindle in my room and noticed it once I was already seated on the plane. I called once I reached my destination. The staff were very helpful in tracking it down for me and I picked it up when I got back to get my car. Manager Ashley was stellar! Thanks again and I really appreciate the honesty of your staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple