“Vacation stay,park and fly” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport

Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Ottawa
“Vacation stay,park and fly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Nice hotel, friendly staff, very nice pool, breakfast was the typical flat eggs and sausage. Shuttle to the airport was scheduled and was timely and the driver was very nice and helpful!

Overall a good experience at this hotel.

Hotel is close to Destiny shopping mall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarribeanTravel
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for all the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff. We hope that the Comfort Inn & Suites will remain your choice hotel when visiting Syracuse.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Overall, an excellent hotel to stay in. We had a huge suite, with two bathrooms. The rooms were clean, wifi was free, and it was generally an excellent experience. The buffet breakfast was also excellent. Unfortunately the swimming pool was not functioning when we stayed.

1 Thank Nina55555
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very happy to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and hope you will visit us again soon where you will be able to enjoy our newly renovated indoor heated pool.
Pickering Ont.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We have stayed at this hotel every year , and have always been happy with our stay. This time we had a Suite, with two bathrooms, it was great for our early morning departure , when we could both shower at the same time. Although we didn't have much time to enjoy both TV's as we had to get up early, that was nice too. We find the breakfast here one of the best, with lots of options, with either bacon and eggs or sausages and waffles The staff is always helpful with directions and very friendly when we checked in.
Our room was up stairs, and very quite, with two doors to enter into the room.
Great hotel !!. We look forward to stayer there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beachglassgirl1
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites with fellow travelers. I am happy to hear that we continue to exceed your expectations during each visit. We look forward to your return as we truly appreciate your business.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

I'm shocked by all of the good reviews! While the room was clean, it's old and outdated. My low review is because of the terrible layout of the hotel. There's a pool int the middle of the atrium with rooms all around it. The acoustics are such that every sound echoes. The pool opens at 8am and closes at 10pm. So, at 8am, my family and I were awoken by screaming children and splashing. We could hear every noise from the pool all day. At night, when I put my small children to bed, they were once again woken by people signing at the pool at 9:45pm. I just find the set up to be very inconsiderate to guests who want to have a restful stay. IT IS SO LOUD HERE!!! Also, the breakfast is practically inedible. The eggs looked like neon hockey pucks and even the oatmeal was disgusting. I will not stay here again! Please note that I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and youth hostels in the US and abroad and I am so disgusted with this place, that this is the first negative review I've ever written.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the atrium if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nina S
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
I truly apologize for your dissatisfaction with your stay. Our indoor swimming pool is a major attraction for local and team travelers. To avoid the noise and activities at the pool area, please request a room facing the outside of the building where you will experience much quieter guest rooms, to better accommodate your needs. We are currently in the process of updating and remodeling our guest rooms with new bedding, carpet, sofa sleepers and air conditioning units. We are excited about the completion of our renovations in our Atrium, Lobby, Front Desk, Lounge and Pool areas. We hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver the quality product and services we strive to achieve.

Travellers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Selected this place following a business trip solely for the shuttle...3 minutes from the airport. The facility is enormous--bring breadcrumbs to mark your way. One elevator in the back (did I mention enormous?) serves the hotel. Get a first floor room unless aerobics is your thing. Speaking of, a surprisingly stocked fitness room is in the atrium along with a pool, hot tub, dining area and bar. Loads of meeting rooms--clearly, their forte. Rooms were large, clean, accommodating and remarkably quiet. Would have been 4 stars but for the the very frustrating absence of WiFi in the room. OK signal in the hallway but absent in the room. Manager said he'd reboot and call me back afterwards to check on me--he didn't call. After an hour, I called back and manager said he'd send someone to the room to check it out and move me if necessary---no one came. A long day in Syracuse without electrons. I purposely checked in early to work on a presentation for that evening, ensuring with desk personnel when checking in that WiFi was available in my room--alas. If WiFi is a deal for you, verify its existence before you unpack. But for that, would I stay again? Yes.

Room Tip: First floor!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments regarding the numerous amenities offered at the Comfort Inn and Suites.Our hotel meets the needs of all our guests whether traveling for pleasure, business or meetings/conventions. I would like to apologize for the lack of the WiFi signal in your guest room. I am happy to report that our wireless service signals have been increased to avoid such a recurrence. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was an overnight stay. Priceline.com picked this one for us, where you bid your price and hotel's name will be revealed only after it is approved. I picked a 3star upscale in priceline's star selection where some of the examples were: Holiday Inn, Sheraton Four Points etc. I should say even though is was an OK hotel it was nowhere near those (In my standards I'd ditch a star from this one as compared to places like Holiday Inn.

The place was well maintained with some new renovations (the bathroom looked pretty new) and very clean. The biggest plus was that it was just 5 minutes away from interstate 81 & 90 junction and that was exactly where we wanted to be for our overnight stay. It is also 5 minutes drive from the Destiny USA, the third largest mall in the entire US.

The cons: 1- it has only one elevator located the farthest ever possible from the main reception (across the facility) 2- the entire restaurant was closed for the memorial day 3- the buffet breakfast was one of the most basic ones I've ever seen. and 4- Having paid over $110 for one night I think it was waaaaay overpriced for the value we got.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
I truly apologize for your dissatisfaction with the value of your stay. We are continuously trying new products for our breakfast to enhance the quality of the items we serve. I am also sorry that you were not able to enjoy our Atrium Cafe and Lounge due to it being closed for the Holiday. We appreciate your comments regarding the renovations that we have completed including the Atrium, Front Desk, Guest rooms and Indoor Pool. The proximity to interstates I-81 and I-90, along with Destiny USA and Hancock Airport makes us an ideal location. We hope you will give us another opportunity where you will be able to enjoy all the features of the Comfort Inn & Suites, Syracuse Airport.
ROCHESTER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We needed eight rooms for our family get together. We wanted to make sure that we had a place that all 16 people would be comfortable. It had to satisfy those with big budget tastes as well as small budget family members. We needed an area that we could all get together in and eat drink and have fun. The Comfort Inn & Suites met our needs perfectly. We got loud during the afternoon and early evening in the nice enclosed pool area, how can 16 people together avoid being loud? The staff never bothered us because we were not bothering any guests. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. The hot and cold breakfast in the morning was all that we could ask. The breakfast staff of 3 worked well together to keep the breakfast bar full and the dining room clean. The rooms were very comfortable. I woke up as if I spent the night in my own bed. Even though we faced the thruway we did not hear the traffic. If we can get the same rate we are sure to make this hotel a yearly family event. A job well done by the staff of the Comfort Inn.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for all the positive comments regarding the Comfort Inn & Suites and its staff. It is a pleasure to share your comments with all team members. We look forward to hosting your reunion for years to come.