Overall, hotel was basic, nothing fancy, but it suited our needs so well, I am quite happy.
We had our 9 month old baby with us, so paid a little extra for the King Suite.... and did not regret it one bit. Baby had his own room, connected to ours with French double doors. "His room" had a fridge and microwave, perfect for his baby food, and had his own bathroom which we used as a makeshift kitchen, for washing bottles, etc. We could put him down for a nap or for the night, and close his door, then we could watch tv or whatever in our room. 60 or so channels on tv, not bad. Bed was comfortable. Small old bathroom with no vent fan, so steamy after showers, but ok. Room wasn't totally soundproof, as we often heard conversations happening in the hallway, especially the ladies yelling "room service" in the morning.
Free breakfast, but good thing it's free. I don't consider myself a picky eater by any means, but the food was mediocre at best. Selection ok, but not many healthy options (white bread, white bagels, scrambled eggs, bacon or saussage (one option each day) waffle machine, 3 sugar cereal options, whole apples and bananas. BUT (hotel, take note if you're reading this!) the waffle station is extremely crowded on the weekend! My hysband waited 25 minutes for a waffle!! They could stand to buy another 2 or 4 waffle irons (2 there now).
Pool: nice atrium area, but pool water was cold.... we were hoping for a nice temperature since it's an indoor pool, but it was so cold my husband wouldn't go in.
Tip for picking your room: with a stroller, ask for a ground floor room. Also, ask to be as far away from the pool as poasible, since it is loud during the day if you have nappers. We read this tip and therefore got room 113, and were so happy we asked to be far from the pool.
Friendly and courteous. They helped us with dinner recommendations (ordered Mark's Pizza, $2 delivery charge, right to the room, $18 all in for a loaded up medium.... best pizza ever! Fresh, generous with toppings and hot when arrived.... so glad hotel staff steered us away from Pizza Hut (considered cheapo crappy pizza in the states, apparently) and recommended Mark's)
Great. Very close to highway exit (1km tops) and One highway exit from Destiny USA mall and Babies R Us. Not much food nearby, so plan to eat before you leave the mall or order delivery at hotel (see praise for Mark's pizza above).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just northwest of the junction of Interstates 81 and 90, the Comfort Inn & Suites Airport is less than five miles from Syracuse Hancock International Airport. Stay and Fly packages are available. Syracuse University, Destiny USA Shopping & Entertainment Center, Onondaga Lake and the Empire Expo Center- home of the New York State Fairgrounds, are close to the hotel. The nearby NBT Bank Stadium is home to the Syracuse Chiefs, the International minor league baseball affiliate of the Washington Nationals. Syracuse's Oncenter Complex, a multi-venue exhibition, convention and entertainment facility, is just minutes from this Syracuse, NY hotel. A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges can be found in the surrounding area, including the Atrium Lounge featuring a pub menu that is located on the hotel premises. Guests can find amenities galore throughout the hotel, such as free airport transportation, free wireless high-speed Internet access, free weekday newspaper and an indoor heated pool and hot tub. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! An fitness center is located on site for convenience. Pets are welcome for a small fee. Business travelers can appreciate the hotel's computer center, fax services and on-site computer with high-speed Internet access. For special events, the hotel has over 3,000 square feet of banquet space and on-site catering staff. The ballroom accommodates up to 200 people and the meeting room accommodates up to 300 people. Banquet, conference and wedding packages are available. All rooms at this Syracuse, NY hotel come equipped with desks, hair dryers, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms contain multiple-line telephones, refrigerators and microwaves. The hotel provides plenty of parking for cars and tour buses. Guest laundry facilities and valet cleaning services are provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport Hotel Syracuse
- Comfort Inn And Suites Syracuse Airport
- Comfort Inn Syracuse
- Syracuse Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn North Syracuse
- North Syracuse Comfort Inn