Let me start off by saying that I travel about 70 days per year. 40-50 for business and 10-20 for pleasure. This trip was a combination. It was a 3 night business trip in which I took my family along seeing that they were off for Labor Day weekend. I thought they could have some fun at Destiny and the Zoo while I worked. We stayed in Buffalo on the Saturday night due to business and made our way to Buckley on Sunday for 3 additional nights.
In all of my travels, this was my worst experience in a hotel. After driving 3+ hours from Buffalo, all my daughter wanted to do was go in the pool. She is 3 and was getting very cranky. Well, upon checking in, there was a man with his kids complaining that the pool had a private party. What hotel advertises a pool and then books private parties? Part of the reason I chose this hotel was because of the pool. Regardless, we checked in and went to our room. Traveling with my family, we had so much luggage and the hotel was out of carriers. Therefore, I made 4 trips back and forth to my car to get everything in the room. The room was adjacent to the pool and, due to the party, there was inappropriate music blasting throughout our room. You could literally look out our sliding door and there were a bunch of kids running and dancing around the pool. It didn't matter, because by the time I got everything into the room, we noticed that the air conditioner in the living area had water everywhere and that the ceiling in the bathroom was pouring out water onto the floor. We had to change rooms.
I moved everything, with no help from anyone, for the second time to the new room. At this point, I was exhausted and my family was wondering why they came on this business trip with me. I finally got everything into the room and my wife and I realized that it was about 100 degrees in there. We called the front desk, they sent someone to our room (he was a great guy...the only helpful person at this place), but it didn't matter. The AC was down. We were moved to ANOTHER ROOM!
I had help moving everything this time from the man who tried to fix the AC. This process took 2 hours all in all. Additionally, there were countless other issues. No towels at the pool. 2 out of 4 broken machines at the gym. An awful smell throughout the entire hotel. A miserable staff. I had to change my key card about 5 times over 3 days because it continued to stop working. Front desk couldn't give me quarters from the vending machine. They advertise a pool and book private parties. They advertise a restaurant and bar, which were both closed for 2 of the 3 nights.
On top of all of this, I grabbed the General Managers business card from the front desk on my first night. I sent an email that night asking to meet at some point during my stay. I never heard back. I reforwarded the email this past Monday (8 days after the first email was sent) and still heard nothing. The front desk claimed that they wanted to do something for me but they couldn't because I booked on line. I did book on line. I BOOKED ON CHOICE'S WEBSITE!!! It's not like it was Priceline. It was Choice Rewards. This is a Choice hotel. My final point??? Go down the street to the CS in Ciccero. They are pleasant, clean and have a managers cocktail reception Sunday through Thursday. They don't have the pool that Buckley does or a restaurant, but so what? You can't use the ones at Buckley anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just northwest of the junction of Interstates 81 and 90, the Comfort Inn & Suites Airport is less than five miles from Syracuse Hancock International Airport. Stay and Fly packages are available. Syracuse University, Destiny USA Shopping & Entertainment Center, Onondaga Lake and the Empire Expo Center- home of the New York State Fairgrounds, are close to the hotel. The nearby NBT Bank Stadium is home to the Syracuse Chiefs, the International minor league baseball affiliate of the Washington Nationals. Syracuse's Oncenter Complex, a multi-venue exhibition, convention and entertainment facility, is just minutes from this Syracuse, NY hotel. A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges can be found in the surrounding area, including the Atrium Lounge featuring a pub menu that is located on the hotel premises. Guests can find amenities galore throughout the hotel, such as free airport transportation, free wireless high-speed Internet access, free weekday newspaper and an indoor heated pool and hot tub. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! An fitness center is located on site for convenience. Pets are welcome for a small fee. Business travelers can appreciate the hotel's computer center, fax services and on-site computer with high-speed Internet access. For special events, the hotel has over 3,000 square feet of banquet space and on-site catering staff. The ballroom accommodates up to 200 people and the meeting room accommodates up to 300 people. Banquet, conference and wedding packages are available. All rooms at this Syracuse, NY hotel come equipped with desks, hair dryers, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms contain multiple-line telephones, refrigerators and microwaves. The hotel provides plenty of parking for cars and tour buses. Guest laundry facilities and valet cleaning services are provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia and Choice Hotels so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport Hotel Syracuse
- Comfort Inn And Suites Syracuse Airport
- Comfort Inn Syracuse
- Syracuse Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn North Syracuse
- North Syracuse Comfort Inn