“Not your best Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Not your best Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here one night on way to Niagara Falls. Wife and I travel a lot and are fairly loyal Choice Hotels members and try to stay at Comfort Suites or at worst a Comfort Inn. Read the reviews on this place prior to booking. They were mixed but consistent in that this hotel needs some major updating. The good: nice pool, hot tub and fitness center. We always look for a fitness center when we travel. This one was nice: 3 machines (bike, treadmill and elliptical) plus a multi-functional weight resistance machine. TV and towels in the fitness center and towels at the pool. Fitness center is open 24 hours, the pool till 10pm. The hotel is built like a U, with the pool, fitness center, computer room and a restaurant/bar which also serves as the breakfast area are all in the middle of the U shape. 2 floors. The bad: rooms are small, bathrooms small, furniture very compact and limited, metal doors that don't always close or open on first try. As the other reviewers stated, it looks old, feels old and is old. Several restaurants are at the light a few blocks down from the hotel (Denny', Subway, Burger King, Tullys + a Tim Horton's. My opinion is that I would seek another Comfort Inn and Suites in the area or check out the other chain hotels that are at this Thruway exit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to Choice Hotels. We truly appreciate your business. As previously indicated in some of the responses to other reviews, the hotel has undergone major renovations including new carpet throughout the hotel, wall vinyl, wall art, new sofa sleepers, chairs and ottomans, desk chairs, lighting, painting of the exterior building, driveway paving, etc. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed here on our way back from the East Coast. It's ok for a stopover, but definitely would not want to be here more than one night. If you have kids, it's appealing because of the pool area. Our room was basically a banged up somewhat renovated room. Just kind of dingy. We got a good deal on it, but even so there were some annoyances that should be mentioned. First of all the outside doors were not locked as indicated. I wonder if that's why I saw a patrolman in the halls in the morning. Definitely a security issue. As for the free WiFi, they need to add, "except if you have a Mac". Couldn't get access and when I called the front desk, they said to bring my laptop down. The girl at the desk tried to get me logged on, but to no avail. She said they always have problems with Macs. So my question is, why don't they fix the problems? Tub drained slowly and the stairway carpets were stained badly. Personally, I wouldn't return even if it's a good deal.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine - very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your stay. The hotel has undergone numerous renovation projects since you were here and I hope you will visit us again to enjoy these features. I am sorry if the staff did not provide you with our help line to assist with access to the internet. I will be certain that this number is readily available at the front desk.
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suite for seven nights in June 2014. The rooms and were very very clean and the pool was great. The breakfast was extremely good and the breakfast staff did a great job. The hotel was very easy to get to from the airport.

Room Tip: Choose a suite with two baths.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay with us. The staff works very hard to deliver exceptional service and they appreciate your recognition. We look forward to your return visit.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great seminar location. Joe provided awesome service for my group by attending to every detail, and the lunches ordered were delicious. Hotel rooms are updated with snugglable down comforters. I got here after a 14 hour day. The front desk clerk even helped me carry my suitcase when the handle broke so I wouldn't have two trips. Nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites. It is a pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations on the guest room side along with the attentive service you received while conducting your business meeting. Our convenient location off of I-81 and I-90 makes us a great destination for meetings, banquets and conventions. We hope we will continue to be your first choice for meeting and guest room needs.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed with my husband and two kids for the night on our way to the east coast. This appears to be an older hotel that has/is undergoing renovations. If you are stopping for just the night, this hotel is okay. If you are staying in Syracuse for a long weekend, I would spend more to get a nicer room. The hotel looks like it had undergone some updates -- clean, new carpet throughout -- however, our sink/shower didn't drain well and the tub, which I'm sure was cleaned, still appeared dingy, and the wall paper in our room had seen better days. The beds were okay, white linens, room had a nice tv, desk, air worked fine.

The breakfast had the typical choices (juice/cereal/waffles), but it was little things, like trying to guess how much waffle mix to use (one cup or more??) and the juice being in pitchers instead of a machine making it hard for my kids to reach and use, that just made the hotel seem a little more average.

The pool area is interesting in that it has rooms overlooking it and it's almost out in the open by the lobby. My kids used it for an hour before bed, though my 10 year old was disappointed that the sign said 18 and older in the hot tub. Maybe that's typical, but most hotels we've been to don't have age limits on that.

For the $100/night, it was one of the cheaper ones in town that offered breakfast and a pool, which we were looking for. We did switch rooms because our first room was on a corner next to the outdoor smoking area and my husband said he could smell the smoke -- but the staff was very nice and fast in switching our rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and we will take your suggestions into consideration to enhance our customer service levels. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver the quality service we are known for.
Midwest
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for a stopover on a two-day car trip. The staff was great - Dave in Sales and Catering really went above and beyond to help us. The room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the pool was clean. The spa was broken during our stay, but the pool was nice and warm and relaxing. If we ever have business or pleasure travel to Syracuse, we would return here without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience regarding your recent stay. Dave is certainly an asset to our team and I will be certain to share your comments with him. We are happy to hear that the Comfort Inn & Suites will continue to be your first choice for accommodations while visiting Syracuse. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a fan of comfort inns. It's usually my goto hotel. When I first came to Syracuse last year we stayed at the comfort inn on the other side if Syracuse, and honestly it sucked. Made me think that the standards of comfort inns were different in the states that it is in canada. But this comfort inn has made me believe in comfort inns again. I'm glad i stayed here. It's really nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bladam
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are so happy to hear that the Comfort Inn & Suites, Syracuse Airport has renewed your faith in continuing to choose Comfort Inn hotels for your travel needs. It is always our pleasure to provide exceptional service to all our guests. We welcome your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!