“Great price for family stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
Syracuse, New York
“Great price for family stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We recently stayed here for a couple nights for a fun slumber party with the kids. We had one of their suites and had plenty of room to run around. The rooms were adequately appointed but the winner by far was the indoor heated pool. It was open and airy so you didn't feel cramped like when the pools are tucked away in their own little rooms. Hot breakfast in the morning was nice and also the cafe area in the center was open all day as well. Also the hotel is conveniently located off I81 so easy for any of your adventures around town.

The hotel is definitely not five star but it's perfect for a family on a budget and looking for somewhere where to relax and let the kids around.

• Stayed August 2014
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
It is with great pleasure to read such positive comments from our guests. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities the hotel has to offer. We welcome the opportunity to have back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We wanted a place to stay for a couple of nights just to shop and relax. An indoor pool was high on our list of amenities so we chose this hotel. We were not disappointed. The pool is large and was at 87F. A little too hot for an active swim but great for just relaxing. The room had two double beds and was large enough but had only a coffee maker. No fridge or microwave. The breakfast buffet is more than adequate and never ran out of food although the hotel seemed to be quite full. The only complaint I would have is that the house keeping leaves something to be desired. We came back to the room one time just as the maid was finishing cleaning. There was a vacuum cleaner just inside the door but the carpet looked as though it had not been touched.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites for your shopping and relaxation needs. I am happy that we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the housekeeping staff to be certain that all steps are taken in providing a clean, comfortable room for our guests. We hope you will visit us again soon.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We were just driving through and thought the price was decent! I was impressed with the place in general! Definitely more than you pay for compared to other hotels. The rooms were clean and fairly up to date. The conference area and breakfast area were truly impressive and huge! I love the breakfast eating area, it was like restaurant style. Decent breakfast selection (bagels, bread, scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, yogurt, fruit)! The front desk ladies were nice.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. We are happy you selected our hotels while just driving through the area. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations and hope we will continue to be your first choice for accommodations while in the Syracuse area.
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Comfort Inn & Suites on Buckley is our preferred hotel when staying in Syracuse. This is a full service hotel with a large indoor pool, dining area, lounge, and a great hot breakfast. It is clean, well maintained with a knowledgeable and friendly staff who happily make you feel at home. On our latest visit, the first in a year, when my wife and I entered the lounge, John the bartended warmly greeted us by name and remembered what we drank and we have not been here in a year. They are located close to just about everything, Route 81, NY Thruway, Destiny Mall and some great local restaurants. Highly recommend staying here while in Syracuse.

Room Tip: 1st floor left facing hotel - gets you close to breakfast area and pool added bonus close to outside...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We very much appreciate you sharing your wonderful hotel experience with others. You mentioned all the great amenities the hotel has to offer, which makes it a great destination stop for just a night or a family stay-vacation. We look forward to your return visit.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is one if the older properties in the Comfort Inn and Suites network, and it shows it. Reception and Checkin were fine. We were then directed to a Door D in the back, where we were told that this was a secure entrance for our protection, and a key card was needed. In fact, the door is always ajar unless someone pulls hard on it to secure it. No security here, but thankfully, it was not needed.

The room is "okay" but a bit shabby. The worst thing about the room was the presence of green mould along the caulking on the tub, on the wall and on the ceiling. Mould is a potential health problem and this should be fixed at once. It is significantly more important than the superficial paint job they were doing outside.

The beds and pillows were okay but the air conditioning was not adequate, which is a common problem with their older properties.

We were disappointed that there was no fridge or microwave in the room. We use these appliances often to avoid the boredom of restaurant foods.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom for mould first.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mary Kay W, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
I apologize for the unsatisfactory cleanliness of your guest room. I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper to take immediate action, as this in not the type of cleanliness standards we have set forth at our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again so we can provide you with an exceptional experience.
Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Room was very clean. There was hardly any noise and there were various groups here. Pool and bar area a plus. Didn't spend much time at the hotel but overall had a very good experience. Will return if in the area.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Samuel L
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Comfort Inn & Suites will continue to be your first choice for accommodations in the future.
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We set up arrangements with the sales department, as we came to town as a larger group. The sales people were very nice, but I feel like we were lead astray to some extent. Yes, the pool and atrium area is pretty cool, but they made a point to say they boasted the largest indoor pool in central NY. Umm...OK, I guess so?
When we arrived, we were put in different rooms than we had reserved, and we got attitude from the front desk when we told them this. I'm sorry, but I didn't spend all this time on these arrangements to have a group of parents angry with me for messing up said arrangements! Then we were told that we'd have to wait because they didn't know which rooms were clean, because we'd arrived there earlier than check in. It was literally 2:52 (I checked) and check-in is 3pm. Needless to say, this did not start our trip out on the right foot.
As we walked to our room, we were pleasantly surprised at the atrium area. Even though the pictures I was emailed by sales were taken in very good lighting to say the least, the pool/atrium/lounge facilities were very nice. BUT what good is it to have these rooms "overlooking" the pool, if none of the ground floor room doors open to the pool area? They're sealed off, lol! The pool was literally right outside of my room, and I could see my son swimming from the room, but I couldn't let him go swimming without me, because if something happened, I'd have to run through a hallway and around a corner to reach him, instead of being able to step out the door.
And the rooms....these rooms are NOT nice, and are NOT new as the sales department told me. I was told they'd been completely revamped and redecorated. I'd hate to see what they looked like before the renovations. I had to ask the front desk to send someone to look at the AC, someone to actually clean the shower and someone to bring us an alarm clock that worked. No one ever came to check the AC, so we roasted, no one ever came to clean the shower, so I bought cleaning supplies and did it myself. Our bathroom was very small and just felt dirty (and I'm not some weird clean freak, but come on). A maintenance man DID bring us a new alarm clock, but acted like we were crazy for asking. We tried to call the atrium cafe, and the extension was either out of order, or it was wrong, so we couldn't get through. Called the front desk, and they were unable to give us the correct extension or patch us through. Huh?
Our second day, we arrived back at the room after an outing at the same time as housekeeping (1pm-ish). We tried to explain that housekeeping wasn't needed. They were sweet women, but neither spoke English very well, so they came into our room anyway and started moving our stuff around while we just stood there, lol. It took several tries to get them to understand that we didn't require their help. Very frustrating when everyone is trying to be nice, but no one understands each other. All in all, our baseball team had fun in the pool, which to me was important. I still think we'll check out another hotel if we come back next year though. We did decide to shorten our stay by one night, because we felt it was too expensive for what was provided.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool can be noisy, but not too loud to the extent that we wanted to move rooms. I...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family