“Interesting Encounter”

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Syracuse
regina
“Interesting Encounter”
Reviewed 1 August 2007

My friends and I were looking forward to a weekend away shopping in Syracuse. However when we arrived after a 3 hour drive to Syracuse to the Comfort Inn & Suites, I was very dissapointed. When we walked into the lobby it was drab and uncomfortable. We were upset to find out was that the pool was only open until 10:00pm so we were not able to go swimming either night. When we finally got to our room through countless endless hallways it was a letdown. The decorating was very yucky, and I pondered to myself quietly whether the hotel even hired a decorater at all. The room seemed old and worn out, nothing was new and it was kindof dirty. In the bathroom which was quite big as a matter of fact, the coffee machine was broken and we weren't able to enjoy a fresh brew. We went down for breakfast the following morning and were dissapointed to find both toasters had a big OUT OF ORDER sign posted with no explanation. The waffle maker was also out of order, and they were out of yogurt, a most disapointing meal indeed. Finally, on our final night's stay this very rowdy team of soccer girls kept banging on our door, interupting the movie we were watching. When I went out into the hall to yell at them, they blamed me!!! And to top it all off, these girls were spying on me through my doorway that connects the two hotel rooms from inside the room- CREEPY! Finally, when we went for a dip in the pool, a HUGE, and i'm talkging ginormous hair floated by my friend and I in the pool. There was dirt and hair everywhere, almost as if there was no filter at all! The water temp. was lovely, and the pool was massive, but indeed the dirt definetely put a damper on our swim time (oh and we had to get up extra early the last day of our stay to use the swimming facilities as it closed at an early 10 pm at night, while most other hotels pools do not close until 11pm or even 11:30).
Overall I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a nice weekend away, it was not up to my standards or anyone elses (and believe me, i do not have high standards). So for the future this hotel was not good.

Thanks for reading my review,
Tara Falangie.

• Liked — The cleaning ladies often forgot their carts in the hall so we had easy access to towels for the pool.
  • Disliked — Soccer girls were rude and rowdy. Pool was dirty. Bad decorations. No family channel on TV.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank strawberrieshortcake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Californian misplaced to New England
Reviewed 24 April 2007

Nice room configuration for family -- king bed for parents, sofabed for teen son. Room very clean and comfy. Breakfast good and eating area pleasant and clean. Lots of TVs for viewing morning shows in breakfast area. Pool area lovely, open and clean. Staff pleasant. Our room was on the side away from the highway, so no noise problems. Only heard one aircraft. Will stay there again if in the area.

Stayed April 2007
2 Thank BigEnchilada
Pickering Ont.
Reviewed 8 December 2006

We stayed one night at this hotel, but wish we could have stayed more. The room was great! We had a King size bed, which was so comfortable, with feather pillows, and duvet and nice cover on the bed, hated to get out of it in the morning. The hotel had a nice pool, but was a bit chilly for us . They had a full breakfast, with bacon and eggs plus cerals, make your own waffels, fruit ,yogurt, and pastries, with a very friendly attendent there to help you with anything you couldn't find.
The hotel is close by to lots of shopping and resturants, and just off the highway. One of the nicest Comfort Inns we have stayed in.

• Liked — it was clean, and the beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing , all was great
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank Beachglassgirl1
Ithaca NY
Reviewed 25 October 2006

We had an early flight out of Syracuse, and wanted to spend the night near the airport. I primarily chose this property because of their Park & Fly program. The rate that we received was much better than the Best Western located at the airport. So we had the benefit of being a few minutes away from the noise of the airport. We were pleasantly surprised at our accommodations; given some the less than stellar reviews of this hotel. The room was very clean, nicely appointed, and spacious. The pool was really very nice. We departed the hotel at 5am, so we didn't have the opportunity to try the complimentary breakfast.

The front desk staff was very friendly. We were running just a few minutes late for our shuttle, so I called the front desk. The shuttle driver was very accommodating and picked us up at the outdoor entrance closest to our room. The shuttle to airport was really quick, and the return shuttle was also very convenient when we returned to Syracuse.

• Liked — Park & Fly package
  • Disliked — no elevators to the 2nd floor
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LisaBC
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2006

I used my choice privileges points for a free night at this hotel with my 12 year old daughter and her best friend. I thought this hotel was definitely above average. While it is an older property and the room itself was nothing special, the staff was extremely friendly, the indoor pool was very large and inviting, the hot tub was relaxing and bubbly, and the workout room was terrific. The breakfast was much better than at most hotels, and included fresh scrambled eggs and homefries. There was also a make- your- own waffle area. The breakfast eating area was very large and spacious, and included tables with plugs for laptop use. There are also 2 computers in the area that are available free of charge 24 hours. Note that you need to be at least 18 to use the workout room and the hot tub.

Overall, I thought this was a fairly nice Comfort Inn & Suites., and I would definitely stay here again. The girls loved it!!!

• Liked — Pool, breakfast
  • Disliked — older rooms in need of updating
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank RebeccaSal
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 October 2006

I stayed here for one night on my way to Toronto. When we arrived the staff was friendly and helpfull . Our room was better than average size. Although we asked for and were given a non-smoking room our room was very musty smelling. It could of had to do with the mold in the bathroom. The comforter on one of the beds had a couple of small old blood stains on it. I pulled it off the bed entirely. The pool was larger than most hotels and very nice. The free breakfast had a large variety and was very good. The rest of the food service there was a joke. We had wanted to eat at the hotel for dinner but the staff bartender only as far as I could tell was overwhelmed by the crowd. I would only stay here again if I knew they cleaned this place up some.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — It was dirty
2 Thank stevefric

Travellers are raving about these Syracuse hotels

PA
Reviewed 3 October 2006

We have stayed at many Comfort Inns in various locations throughout the country and have never been disappointed, until now. The housekeeping in this hotel was terrible. The room was obviously not vacuumed as there were tags from former occupants clothing on the floor as well as A LOT of dog hair. The blankets on the beds were tattered, one was dirty and pilled and the other had holes in it. And the tissue box in the bathroom was empty. The room itself was in desperate need of updating. The tub surround didn't fit properly so there were gaps between the tub and the wall. There was also a gap on tile floor in the bathroom - the tile didn't go all the way to the tub. The lighting in the bathroom was less than adequate. If we had planned on staying more than one night, we definitely would have changed hotels or at least requested a different room. Very disappointing.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank caomokitten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Syracuse
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse North Airport Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Syracuse Erie Blvd/I-690
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
Comfort Inn Carrier Circle
#21 of 32 in Syracuse
Candlewood Suites Syracuse Airport
Holiday Inn Express Syracuse / Fairgrounds
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Syracuse Airport? Share your experiences!