“Pleasantly Surprised, it's a Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Syracuse University

Days Inn Syracuse University
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Syracuse
Kailua, Hawaii
“Pleasantly Surprised, it's a Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I were on the road all day, and we needed to find a place to stay for the night. We didn't want to stay in the middle of Syracuse so we started looking at the outskirts of Syracuse and found the Days Inn University. At first we thought, another truck stop, but we'll check it out anyway. We were pleasantly surprised how friendly the front desk attendant "Ali" was. I asked to check out the room, and she was more than accommodating stating that all of the rooms have been renovated. Still skeptical I checked out the room, and low and behold the room was big, clean, and very comfortable. Flat screen TV, free WIFI and Breakfast. There is a Denny's next door, but the best find "recommended by Ali" was the great Italian restaurant across the street "Joey's" a Gem of a restaurant in this industrial type location! You need to check this place out if you plan on spending a night or two in Syracuse, we're glad we did! MM & Al Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii

Room Tip: Get the newly renovated rooms!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marjoriemorgan17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Jackson Center
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We switched to this hotel 2 years ago and have been pleased with our stay every time. The bed is very comfortable, the staff is friendly and for where we need to go, the location is great. Pricing is pretty good as well. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank William M
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Rooms were nice and clean. The room was extremely hot, though the heater was not running, so I had to run the AC for a while to cool it down (not sure if they have central heat in addition to the in-room units). Rooms are very comfortable with TV, seating area, desk, and flat screen TV, and a comfortable bed. Good continental breakfast as well.

I was in no rush so planned an 11 AM check out; however the cleaning guys must have really wanted to clean my room ASAP and were just standing by my door for a good period of time. I had a do not disturb sigh, so got a call and when I picked it up they hung up; my guess it was someone checking if I was in the room? I just checked out early. He got into my room 2 seconds after I got my bag out the door to checkout (and was still standing next to my room as I was getting out).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael A
Dearborn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here while traveling through the area. We were impressed enough that on our return trip we planned on staying here again. The hotel was very clean and the staff were all some of the best.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Melvindale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We use days Inn Motels when ever we can travel. We have never had a bad time. the days inn University in syracuse was no exception. The rooms were clean and the personnel could not have done enough for us. Tim, the manager pulled up maps with directions for where ever we went. He gave suggestions as to where to go for what ever we were looking for. The Continental breakfast was always filled, and clean. my cousins were with us from the U k and were very impressed. We shall go again and will be recommended highly..

Room Tip: The motel is under renovation, until it is complete, stay on the bottom 2 floors if you don't sm...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family