“2 night ski vacation with family”

Hotel Mountain Brook
Ranked #2 of 5 Tannersville B&B and Inns
Oceanside, New York
“2 night ski vacation with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My family and I stayed at Hotel Mountain Brook in Feb 2014. Terrance and Amy are the new owners and they completely redid the place since the last owners! I will admit, I was skeptical at first along with my kids to stay at this cozy little hotel. Hotel seems to cold a title after staying there. It really felt like a home away from home. My wife found these wonderful reviews online and wanted to give it a try. My kids and I wanted to stay at one of those regular 300 room hotels with a pool and various floors for the kids to explore and run around on. Well, I have to admit and my children agree, we just had the most amazing time at Hotel Mountain Brook. Although there was no real indoor area for the kids to explore and run wild, the grounds outside provided a lifetime of exploration and fun! There was 3 feet of snow on the ground and we could not have had anymore fun. I was a kid again! Amy saw that my kids and I were playing outside in the snow and the next thing we know, there are 7 snow dish sleds ready for us to use. There are hills all over to sled! Accomodating is an understatement. We actually planned a one night stay but after getting snowed in we stayed a 2nd night. The breakfeast was incredible and filling made by a real Chef. The rooms were extremely clean and beautifully designed. The small staff was always available and very pleasant. The location is walking distance to main street where there are restaurants and stores. Whats amazing is that although its walking distance to main street, the grounds themselves seemed so secluded. My wife wants to come back for a weekend getaway without the kids. Terrance and Amy are in the works of planning a couple's weekend with cooking lessons and tips from a professionally licensed Chef (Terrance). With incredible meals and Vino! My only gripe, I wish they weren't three hours away from Long Island. Had a great Time! Thank You!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dominick S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
greenwich,ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed in the Emerson cabin 2/20- 2/22. It couldn't have been better!!! the property is beautiful, and conveniently located a short distance to Hunter mountain. The room was fantastic, clean and beautifully decorated. Towels and linens are great quality. But the best part.....the gourmet country breakfast, prepared by the owner! The mountain brook was the perfect little getaway. Will definitely be back.

Collingswood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I, who previously owned a thirteen room inn and restaurant in Vermont, stayed at Hotel Mountain Brook with Amy and Terrence over President's Day Weekend. We were warmly greeted and given a tour of the inn. Amy took us to our room located in the East Lodge and immediately made us feel welcomed!

The mountain views from our room on the snowy days were beautiful. Breakfast each morning was wonderful. Terrence, is a trained CIA chef. There were several selections from crab and asparagus frittatas to blueberry pancakes. You leave the table stuffed!

We dined at their Valentine's dinner which was a four course dinner. It was absolutely delicious. They transformed the dining area into a romantic setting. We were seated directly in front of the large stone wood burning fireplace. The wine list was reasonably priced, too! We believe they have plans to plan more dinner events. Be sure to check them out!

Everyone who works at the inn is friendly and attentive. The inn offers private rooms with baths to private cabins with king size beds and porches. It is located in the quaint town of Tannersville, NY. While there check out Last Chance Antiques and Cheese, too! It is close to Hunter Mountain and great hiking, too,

We will definitely visit here again!

Sam and Tom

Collingswood, NJ

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rotterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

After a harrowing drive during the recent snowstorm that dumped two feet of snow in the Catskills, we arrived at Hotel Mountain Brook. I couldn't have been more thrilled at the warm welcome we received and the beautiful accommodations. The rooms are spotless, beautifully decorated and warm and cozy. It snowed so much and so fast that Terrence, the owner, had to clear paths for us every few hours just so we could get to and from the main part of the hotel to our room. In the morning we found that he had cleared around our car so that it would be easy for us to get out. AND when we went into the dining room, there he was serving up a fabulous gourmet breakfast for the all the guests. Besides the beauty of the hotel, Terrence and Amy and their lovely family are the reason to stay at Hotel Mountain Brook. The service is impeccable! We will be back again, but I think next time it will be in the Summer!

New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I came up for a ski getaway and stumbled upon the Hotel Mountain Brook and what a great find! The owners were just wonderful and attentive to our every need and the country breakfasts included in our stay is fit for a king and queen. We stayed in the main house and stayed in a lovely spacious room with a king bed, gas fireplace and full bath with jacuzzi tub. The Mountain Brook is designed right out of a mountain lodge "out west" and impeccably clean and orderly. Some of the amenities include a wine and beer bar, two lovely rooms with fireplaces and comfortable sofas and chairs to unwind after a day of skiing. Also offered by the inn are complimentary teas, hot chocolate and snacks. We are so looking forward to our next stay!

Van Etten, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I went on a ski trip to Hunter Mountain for our anniversary. I was a little discouraged by the accommodations offered at Hunter. They either required a 2 night stay for the nice places or seemed a bit worn out at the others. When I found Hotel Mountain Brook online, I could tell it had the right look and feel for what we like. We stayed in the main lodge, as I wanted to be able to easily access the bar, breakfast, and library areas from our room. The rooms in the main lodge have a B&B type feel. It has an Adirondack look and style about it. Everything was recently renovated and very clean. The breakfast was fabulous. The owner is a chef and it showed. A hot skillet of pastries was brought to our table and that was followed by a well prepared full breakfast. It was a breakfast you'd easily pay top dollar for at a nice restaurant. The owner and his wife were very friendly and I think they would go out of their way to help their guests. The owner said he plans on doing some dining and wine type couples weekends in the future and we'd love to come back and attend one. Thanks for making our anniversary a pleasant one!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main lodge as it has easy access to the bar, library and breakfast areas with addit...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manahawkin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I normally do not write reviews however the was an amazing breakfast and excellent service. My husband and I stayed here two nights and we will definitely return. This is run by a husband and wife, whose family also resides on the property. They are always available if needed and recently took over in September 2013. We had an issue with the shower within an hour of arriving and they immediately moved us into a new room, so that wouldn't be an issue for us during our stay. I also am a nursing mother to an infant and they had no problem accommodating us with a mini fridge. The hotel is warm and cozy, and the breakfast couldn't be better. So close to Hunter Mountain and walking distance to Tannersville Main St.

Room Tip: Call and speak directly to the hotel and explain what you need and who you are travelling with. The...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannersville
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
#1 of 4 in Hunter
Albergo Allegria
Albergo Allegria
#1 of 10 in Windham

Been to Hotel Mountain Brook? Share your experiences!