“For just one cook the food was great!!!!!!”
Review of Tuscan Grille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tuscan Grille
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This ia a family owned Business! We all have a passion for great food and great service. If you enjoy good food then this is the only place to be up here. We have Seafood- Live lobster-Great Steaks & Real Italian Food. Come in and ask for me, Anthony! I am the Chef & owner and I promise a great experience! Come Taste the difference
Queensbury, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For just one cook the food was great!!!!!!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family and I just went skiing at hunter mountain and stopped at the Tuscan grille in tannersville. When we walked in the place was pretty full and all I noticed was the single cook running around in his little kitchen(he's a big guy). We were seated buy a women who explained that there would be a wait because he was the only cook working. I ordered some wine and decided we would stay and order, I had the special( Asian barBQ duck) and my wife had the penned alavodka and the kids had burgers. Thedu ck was delicious ,vegetables crisp and fresh and my wife loved the alavodka, the mountainof bacon on my sons burger put a smile on his face, we were all pleased with our meals. As we left they thanked us for our patience but it was all worth the wait. I'll definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014

New Vernon, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

One of the few places open in town. We were the only customers (maybe because it's a little dingy). The chef was very friendly and let us order off of the lunch menu.
The food was clearly all just reheated frozen food. Good enough (and seemed delicious at the time, given how hungry we were), but I don't think I would order off the dinner menu...

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Awesome dining experience in Tannersville!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

My husband and went skiing with another couple and were out of ideas for dinner on President's Day weekend. We saw the lights outside of Tuscan Grille and decided to give it a try. This place is awesome! We ordered a bunch of appetizers to share and went with the Calamari, Crab Cakes, Shrimp Cocktail and Vegetable Samosas that were all really tasty. I had to pace myself so I didn't fill up on the appetizers and the delicious bread. Our friends both ordered the Surf and Turf. I ordered the Zuppa Di Pesce and my husband ordered the Rack of Lamb. We wound up sharing food so we could each taste something different. The food was just phenomenal, it was cooked perfectly and so full of flavor. The lobster was incredibly fresh and they give you so much! I'm not even a big fan of Lamb and I really enjoyed my husband's dish! The staff at Tuscan Grille is very friendly and attentive. They brought out an Asian Fusion vegetable mix that had snow pea tips and bok choy, very flavorful and different! When we were on our way out we saw the owner and were given a peek at the renovations they are doing for a new upscale diner they plan to open soon. The room is big! Overall we were all impressed with the service, atmosphere and quality of food at Tuscan Grille. Other restaurants could take a few lessons from them!

• Visited February 2013
Kerrville, Texas
“Must have changed owners .”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Two years ago we visited the Tuscan Grill and it was great so we eagerly anticipated a return visit for great food and service. They must have sold the place because it is nothing more than a loud bar with di
We had to wait almost 1/2 hour for our glass of wine, while all the while listening to loud drunks at the bar use foul language . The food : New York strip steak was covered in gravy ! The other dish , shrimp stuffed salmon , was cool as if it were microwaved .
We will not be returning to the Tuscan grill on our next visit to the Catskills.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank John W
New Jersey
“Great pasta, friendly staff”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We were a large party - 20 people! Food came out almost simultaneously for everyone. Pasta eaters raved about their dishes and I heard foodies among us say "someone in that kitchen knows what they are doing." I did not have the pasta and I was disappointed in my chicken francaise because it was cold and a little tough. Wine list is small. Wait staff is extremely helpful and friendly

Visited September 2012