“Decent food choices”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Coimbatore, India
“Decent food choices”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The restaurant is a run down place with limited food options for white meat eater and vegetarians. The service was average

Visited August 2013

Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
“Small place, Huge flavor”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I must admit that while attending an annual event last year, I passed up Maggies Krooked Cafe because it was far too small and they have on display the dreaded BUN COFFEE MAKER! As a coffee lover, I cringe when I see coffee sitting on a Bun machine. Well, this past weekend I decided it was time to give it another chance. At first I decided I would just get a tea and have my fiance deal with the coffee. As a waitress walked by with a fresh pot, the aroma was intriguing enough for me to give a cup a try. While the coffee is pre-ground, (and made in a bun- sorry I'm stuck on the bun) it was still quite flavorful. I actually requested a refill. Moving on to the good stuff. Since we had a full day ahead we ordered breakfast to go. While being in some what of a hurry, glancing at the menu is quite overwhelming. We didn't bother to read through the options, instead we asked for two breakfast sandwiches to go. The woman who took our order informed us that they'd be coming with sides. I almost declined but decided to just take it. The restaurant was very busy, which is expected on a Sunday morning.

We settled into a seating area outside, yes outside in New York State in October! The sun was shining and it was absolutely perfect for breakfast. Let me say that the sausage on my sandwich was deliciously sweet, and included three links. the eggs were perfectly scrambled, and the cheese was completely melted. The sandwich was on a bagel, and came with a side salad, a fruit salad, and house potatoes. Each side was individually delicious and a lovely accompaniment to the sandwich. I love my fruits and vegetables and am often disappointed in "diner" options. I cannot say what was in the potatoes exactly, but they are most definitely the best potatoes for breakfast I have had, ever. My fiance and I both left full, happy, and excited to stop here when we visit again next year @ the same time.

This place may be busy, but for good reason- give them a chance and have some patience. It is well worth the wait.

• Visited October 2013
Long Island, NY
“Wonderful way to start a day upstate”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Maggie's is a perfect way for us to start our weekend trips upstate. We watch what we eat and Maggie's has a wonderful selection of delicious food. The food is full of fresh fruits, berries and always wonderfully seasoned. The food is cooked to order, so if they are busy, it will take some time. We highly recommend the wait. Be prepared to feel full well past lunch. We have been stopping here for years and will continue to do so.

• Visited October 2013
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Maggie's Makes Me Happy!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My family has been eating at Maggie's for years. It's a habit forming experience. Everything is homemade by Maggie herself. All the ingredients are very fresh and every dish is beautifully prepared and served. The menu is varied and there's something for everyone from health conscious vegetarians to major carnivores. This is not fast food and most will agree it's worth the wait which we never found excessive. Maggie's has a warm friendly atmosphere and everyone feels welcome. If you're in Tannersville for breakfast or lunch, don't miss Maggie's.

• Visited September 2013
Boston
“Good food but waiting a long time”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The food was good and the waitress was friendly, but it took nearly an hour between when we ordered and when the food arrived, and the place was less than half full! Apparently this is a common problem there and the waitress told us about how the owner insists on doing all the cooking herself - perhaps she should hire an assistant!

If you do go (sometime when you have an hour and a half to spare), I recommend the baked goods which have an unusual set of whole grains and seeds in them.

• Visited September 2013