“Best restaurant in the Hunter Mt. area”
Review of Village Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Village Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2008

Right after my wife and I bought a vacation house in Tannersville, Village Bistro opened. Since then, we eat there almost every weekend. The staff is friendly and the service is great, but the food is AMAZING. I have tried to taste everything on the menu for lunch and dinner, but keep going back to ordering the same thing because I get in a rut when I find something really delicious. My lunch favorites are the gyro, the burger, the spinach pie, shepherd's pie and the chicken caesar. My wife's a vegetarian and they make her a portobello mushroom gyro/sandwich which is delicious; she also likes the hummus and other mid-eastern salads. The best things are the soups - there's always a new soup of the day (beef vegetable, roasted garlic, seafood chowder, chicken dumpling, etc., etc.) and they're all unbelievably good and hearty. The French Onion Soup is better than anywhere.

Dinners are also excellent, although I haven't tried as many. The eggplant rollatini and Bistro Shrimp appetizers are extraordinary (especially the shrimp). The fish and steak entrees are always excellent, and my in-laws loved the pork entrees.

The only thing I can't review are the desserts, because I've always been too full to order one. There's a good kid's menu, and my daughter says the chicken fingers are the best she's ever had (and she's had a lot).

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough; it has become our favorite restaurant.

Reviewed 22 January 2008

My husband and I just happened to walk by and decided to give it a try. The restaurant was sophisticated and warm while the prices are extremely reasonable. It looks like the place was recently renovated and extremely clean. The staff was very attentive, the portions were large and the food was superve!

We had the potatoes soup, house smoked trout appetizer, eggplant with cheese salad, filet mignon and schnitzels. The table next to us was having the sea bass which also looked very nice. Everything was absolutely delicious! My hat off to the chef!

I promise that you will enjoy this restaurant!

Reviewed 26 October 2007

When we found the restaurant we had planned to visit was closed, we received a warm welcome at the Village Bistro. Top-notch food and service! The decor was both sophisticated and cozy. The music (from satellite radio) was enjoyable and perfect "background" level. The soup of the day, Roasted Garlic, was terrific. The salads were fresh and crisp, and the dinners were truly yummy. We went with the recommended dessert: Apple Strudel, and yes we opted for the ice cream with it. Packed with apples, cinnamon, and flaky pastry, it was as good as promised. We were so charmed, we went back there for lunch and once again, the service was attentive and the food was great.

1  Thank gadzooks1114