We drove to The Castle from Hyde Park in no time, so it's a great base from which to go to the Culinary Institute for lunch or the FDR home or museum for a quick visit. The Castle staff is superb. They did not miss a beat. Our room was spacious with a great bathroom in which two people can easily get ready at the same time. We were greeted with a glass of champagne when we checked in and had a fridge in the room stocked with soft drinks and water. We met friends there for drinks and dinner. There is a separate bar where you can hear yourselves talk with a nice, sophisticated atmosphere with great bartenders and staff. Our dinner was excellent with a wide variety from which to choose, and the service was top-notch again. I made use of the fitness facility, and there is a full spa that I did not use but will next time. The history of the place is very interesting, and it was conveniently located to Woodberry Common Outlets and fairly close to West Point, where we were meeting for a reunion. I highly recommend The Castle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on verdant hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson River, the main tower of Castle Hotel & Spa forms the highest point in Westchester County. Castle Hotel & Spa is a medieval-style structure meticulously transformed into a luxury hotel; regaling guests with service fit-for-royalty, luxurious guestrooms, and the award-winning Equus restaurant which features pan-Mediterranean cuisine, locally-produced and sourced, inspired dishes from Italy, Spain, France, and Greece. The luxurious THANN™ Sanctuary spa is an oasis of peace and tranquility. Rediscover inner physical and mental wellness through Thann's holistic approach. Only 25 miles north of Manhattan, Castle Hotel & Spa opened as a luxury hotel in 1997; 16 years after being designated a historic landmark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Castle Hudson
- Castle Hotel & Spa Tarrytown, New York - Westchester County