“Enjoyed it...........”
Review of Bistro Z

Bistro Z
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Z is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Tarrytown
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We ate here for the first time and enjoyed the meal. We shared a couple of starters, Baked Brie and Stuffed Ravioli w/ artichokes. For our entrees, we had the Lamb Shank and NY Strip and shared a dessert. The entrees were flavorful and fresh. The portions were generous. The dessert was "ok" as it looked much better than it actually tasted.

The service was another story. Although not horrible, the waiter barely came to check on us throughout the meal and never once asked how the food was or if we needed anything more. Perhaps it was just this one waiter as I did notice others paying more attention to their own customers. The space is small but it works for what it is. It can get very loud as the hotel bar is right next to the restaurant. There happened to me a large function going on that night so the noise level reached a max for awhile.

Overall, it was a good experience and I would more than likely return.

1  Thank Richard S

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I first reviewed Bistro Z a little over a year ago. Since then it has become my regular go-to destination when I want a solid meal. Yes - it's in a hotel lobby. Still, the space is so pretty and the food so absolutely wonderful that I can shut out whatever is going on beyond the partition. It must be that the food makes me close my eyes and feel transported. Ok, that's a little cheesy sounding, but, in truth, this restaurant could stand on its own merits in any location. The food is topnotch, and always beautifully plated. The flavors are wonderful; and I will take Bistro Z's lamb chops over any other. Even chicken doesn't seem like "just chicken." There is a restaurant closer to my home, known for its seafood. To me, that place doesn't hold a candle to Bistro Z's interpretation on seafood dishes, with skin perfectly crisp, or an always perfect sear on scallops. I was fortunate enough to recently sample the Hudson Valley Restaurant Week menu. I loved what I had so much that I returned two days later with more family and had it again! I insisted that they try the Savory Stilton Bread Pudding, while I had it a second time to convince myself that it was every bit as good as I thought it was...and it was! Yes - it has been a year and, to date, I have not had a bad meal here...only exceptional ones!

1  Thank WestchesterGrand
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The restaurant is located in the Doubletree Hotel in Tarrytown so I was a bit apprehensive, having had decidedly mixed experiences in hotel restaurants. The ambience was okay but the food was delicious and very reasonably priced. For starters we had baked Brie and duck confit ravioli both of which were delicious, then for entrees we had lamb checks and halibut. Here again the ingredients seemed very fresh and both dishes ere delicious and prepared as requested. The wait staff was very attentive and seemed to genuinely care that we enjoyed the meal.
The price point was very reasonable especially considering the quality and portion size..
It was a very pleasant surprise and we will return.

1  Thank GBfromNY
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Got in late from orlando so we at right in the Hilton Doubletree hotel where we were staying. The kitchen closed at 10pm but we had enough time to order a light dinner of their "starters". We each had their home made onion soup with melted Gruyere cheese bubbling over the crock, and we split the delicious Caesar salad and Baked Brie Lingonberry and bread. Everything was wonderful and was light enough to eat even before bedtime! Can't wait to see whats for breakfast! Great lunch and dinner menus too!

1  Thank DebArtist
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The food here is always great every time i go. The dishes are all very well prepared and always fresh. Great service and presentation overall!!!