“Kirtley's stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Kirtley's stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Tarrytown and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful with maps of the area since we were not familiar with Tarrytown. Our son will be attending Purchase College in the fall and we plan to make another trip in August and many more to visit him at school. Thank you for making us feel welcomed. P. S. Might need some extra tissues in August when we drop him off for school.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
john a, General Manager at Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Victoria K,
Thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay at the Tarrytown Courtyard. Tarrytown Courtyard by marriott takes pride in the special services offered to our entire guest. It is not easy to select a hotel that values guest in making sure their stay is memorable especially when traveling on the road. We will always accommodate guest who are in need of any request such as refrigerators, microwaves, and most importantly extra tissues. We hope to see you when the school seasons start. I am happy that Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott had another great guest experience.

John Agabey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this Marriott for 5 nights. Checking in was a piece of cake! Quick and fast. I had the pleasure of being helped by Ms. Johnson at the front desk regularly about everyday. She was very helpful and efficient! I had a double bed room with a balcony. This hotel is so peaceful and quiet I had a great night sleep every night with no disturbance. Housekeeping cleaned everyday and she was also very pleasant. I did not get to try the food however it smelled really delicious! I did buy a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich (due to my craving) it was pretty expensive $4.50 however, it was yummy. I overall enjoyed staying here and I hope to be checking in soon this week!

• Stayed July 2014
john a, General Manager at Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Jas619
Thank you for your kind comments about the Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You are correct Eva is a gem as all of the associates take great pride in our level of service at the hotel.
We try to treat all of our guests like “family”, I am glad we met those expectations. The staff here at the Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott is well trained and they take pride in delivering world class customer service.
I am glad we met those expectations. I hope the next time you visit White plains we will have the opportunity to spoil you again…..
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. Wifi worked dependably. When I asked for a quiet area of the hotel, the desk employee said there was no quiet area. As it turned out, the room was fairly quiet, except that I was awakened several times by talking people walking past my door. There was a refrigerator, although no microwave. Breakfast was not complementary, so I went across the bridge to a wonderful spot in Nyack, The Art Cafe.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear travelingdogwoman,
Thank you for your comments about the Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott; I appreciate you taking time out of you busy schedule. We try to make every guest feel like part of the family after all this your home away from home, I am glad we met those expectations. I hope the next time you visit White plains we will have the opportunity to spoil you again
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is located mere minutes from Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow historic sites. It should have been easy to get to, but the street signage is not all that clear. The hotel is located at the end of a long driveway, and there is plenty of free parking. As is the case with other Courtyards we've stayed in, the room we had was very clean, the sleep quality was good, shower pressure was excellent, and the check-in was swift and prompt. It is a long walk from the entrance lobby to the elevator, and the elevator smelled like insecticide. As is the case with other Courtyards recently, this one features a "bistro." The bistro service, however, was swift during both breakfast and afternoon drinks. Though the room itself was clean enough, it did seem a bit long in the tooth. And the sound conditioning between the room and the hallway was not all that great.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking in the rear ensures one can park the car near one's room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JCArchT
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your recent stay at the Tarrytown Courtyard by Marriott. It’s great to know that hotel location was suitable to your needs. I am happy to hear that our commitments to provide our guests with clean room and exceptional service created a good stay for you and your family. Your comments in regards to the sound conditioning between the room, this is an area that needs to be improved and I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will make sure to take a closer look into this matter.
I hope that we will get another chance to welcome you back in the future.
Connecticut
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We were visiting the Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow area with friends to tour the local attractions. We spent one night at this Marriott and were pleasantly surprised. The service was top notch all the way around.
We were especially pleased with the service at the Breakfast Bistro on a crowded Saturday morning. Our cooked entree came out perfectly prepared in record time with a smile by the server and counter person.
The front desk staff were efficient and quick.
There were complaints in previous reviews about noise but we were not bothered by it. The walls may be thinner than at at some Marriotts but not enough to complain about. And if people can't control their kids running up and down the hall it is not the hotel's fault. There was no traffic noise to speak of though the hotel is convenient to major highways.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. It is convenient to town, restaurants and attractions.

Stayed July 2014
Dear freebird05,
Your response touched all of our hearts and we wait for your return. Thank you for your response I can see that you are a loyal Trip Advisor reviewer and your response means a lot to us. This has been shared with all of our staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon

Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Absolutely horrible attitude on the part of the staff and management. Want to be treated like garbage for $200 plus per night? Then make sure you stay here. I made my reservation more than a week in advance and even called the hotel to make sure I got an acceptable room. When I arrived, I was told by some nasty snippy little girl at the front desk, they were sold out and the room I was getting was nothing like what was requested. It had connecting doors on both sides of the room and any noise from the other room came right through. On top of that. the walls are paper thin and this place and I could hear my neighbors talking and their TV right through the wall. I called 3 times to complain, and the staff did nothing. By this point it was after 1am. Apparently, they have no security in this hotel to deal with these issues. Finally, when I called again and blasted the clerk about this, they had no trouble finding other rooms to move me into. Instead of dealing with the problem, I was forced to pack up and move at 1:30 am. I asked to be called by a manager in the morning but no one could be bothered. When I called down in the morning. I was told that both managers were busy and they would called me "when they were ready" It never happened. Marriott Corporation will be receiving a formal complaint about this IMO, rip off rotten hotel. I have received better service at Motel 6. Also, considering the price, the construction should be much better. NOTE TO MANAGEMENT: Don't bother apologizing and telling me it will be better on my next stay which is what you do when people complain. Understand that I will NEVER come back, will be posting negative reviews elsewhere and will be getting Marriott involved.

Room Tip: If there is a connecting door, expect lots of noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
john a, General Manager at Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Allan R
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. We have shared your comments on the noise issues with our team so they are aware of the situation. We hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Regards,
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

we stayed here one night for a long weekend. we couldnt sleep until 1:30 AM as some college party was going on. we complained but still the noise was not reducing and after 45 min the noise came down. in the morning the staff apologized but still they didnt do anything to reduce the problem. there were few people who complained before us. even then the management didnt do anything to control the party. also the room walls are thin and you can hear people speaking from other rooms. I will not recommend this and highly disappointed with the standard of Marriott

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank hariharan r
john a, General Manager at Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear hariharan r,
I can certainly understand your frustration at not be able to sleep in the room. However, we are occasionally unable to control the level of the behavior of all of our guests. In spite of our security warning and enforcement of our policies, some of our guests are not in keeping with our imagination of what is an excessive noise level. This is one of those very rare occasions on which we must apologize for not being able to stop the noise as promptly as we wished to. Our house person was on the floor several times to warn those individuals. I can offer no excuse for this isolated incident. It is extremely rare and we do apologize for this unforeseen incident.
Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. Your taking the time to discuss these matters in person has provided us with the beneficial opportunity of reviewing your comments with the appropriate members of our staff and departments. We will use this opportunity to prevent any reoccurrence of this nature.

We do value your comments and sincerely hope that you will again give us the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit the area.
Again, please accept my sincere apologies. We hope to see you soon.