“Excellent!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel few times over that last year and it has met or exceeded my expatiation every time.

The entire staff is above par in every category. The employees know the meaning of "customer service"

Highly recommended

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jimz12345
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown. Thank you for your "excellent" reviews and compliments of the hotel staff.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We recently held reunion for a weekend with a group of friends, the hotel has a really warm inviting feeling ,we had an fabulous time,we made use of the great indoor pool,and the staff are there for you with whatever you need shopn, amber and jacki at the front desk were there to help our group with any requests and banquet staff were unbelievably accommodating!
We plan on doing the same event next year and would not do it anyplace else
A hotel like this the location the warmth and staff is hard to find!
When making the booking Aviva in reservations was always a step ahead of us in helping make our stay one to remember until me meet again, from the many reunions we put together this was our best by far!! thank you for making that happen!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank EliE30
Thank you for the recognition of our staff, Shopon, Amber, Jackie, and Aviva. Thank you for celebration your family reunion at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown. We look forward to your return,
Kingston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My daughter and I spent one night at this hotel. I chose this location because it is near the Amtrak station. My daughter attends college in Montreal, and since we live in Pennsylvania, Croton Harmon is the closest Amtrak station to our home. Rather than drive at 4:00 am from our home in Pennsylvania,to catch the morning train, I decided to stay overnight in Tarrytown and put her on the train at 9:00 in the morning. The room and bathroom very very nice, though the bathroom lacked vanity space for a toiletry bag. Also, the ice machine was far away from our room and actually outside of the building. The main point of the trip was to get a good night's sleep in anticipation of her 12 hour train ride and my return drive to Pennsylvania. I must say, the room was absolutely silent and I was really impressed by this, until 2:00 am when two men came down the hall,speaking and yelling very loudly. They slammed their room door twice, at which point we were wide awake. So much for the good night's sleep. I have stayed in Hilton hotels in the past, and have never had an experience with this type of noise or behavior.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Judith A
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
We understand how frustrating it must have been to wake up with loud noises coming from another guest room. Certainly, this stay was a memoriable experience for your family to share this event that takes place in your life, sending your daughter off to college. We apologize for the loud guests. We do understand how important it is to have a comfortable nights sleep. For your next visit, should you decide to return, please contact me directly, Peter Jiser, Director of Sales & Marketing 914-524-6434 and I am certain we can make your stay perfect.
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The Doubletree by Hilton Tarrytown is absolutely beautiful during the holiday season. It was very busy but the place was dreamy with wonderful staffs that were willing to accommodate your every needs.

Room Tip: In the future, I need to specify my needs such as having a room with less traffic in a more quite ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linhelle H
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, 12 January 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown. Thank you for your "excellent" reviews and compliments of our front desk staff. As a Hilton Honors member remarks can be added to your profile on preferred room type, floor and location in the hotel. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your return.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I booked this hotel for business travel. I arrived on a Monday with plans to stay for 1 month. I checked out 4 days later and found another place to stay for the duration of my trip. My room was in the very back part of the property but at least there was parking at the rear entrance. The elevator to the 2nd floor was old, creaky and took forever for the door to close ( even with pushing the close door button). I actually thought it had malfunctuined. The hall on the second floor reaked of a sickening sweet smell - worse than febreeze. It appeared to be an attempt to cover up foul odors. Exercise room was cluttered and unpleasant. Breakfast voucher provided but couldn't use because breakfast didn't start until 7 am which is the time I needed to leave for work.
On Wednesday I returned at 6 pm only to discover I could not drive to the rear of the building because the parking lot was blocked. Apparently the hotel had some remodel project as there were large trucks, generators, and bright lights illuminating the work area. The parking space I had to use resulted in a long walk through a maize of halls. There was no notice or explanation from management. Same thing happened Thursday night- that's when I made arrangements to change hotels. Thursday night at 9:30 pm large diesel trucks were backing into parking spaces outside my window - LOUD diesel engines running, lights shining in window and the annoying beep when commercial vehicles reverse. And workers talking loudly. At least by then I knew it was my last night in the horrible place!
I am a Diamond level Hilton Honors customer and try and stay at Hilton properties whenever I can.
I don't think I have ever had such a bad experiencde at a hotel. Management apologized but it was too little to late.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank beach2013_53
DoubletreeTarrytown, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
The employees and management at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown are very proud of the personal service we provide. We try to learn about our clientele and get to know them. We let the ball drop here and we apologize for your disappointing stay. We provided notification in writing to each guest, and perhaps under these circumstances we should have spoken to you directly. The DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown was selected by Warner Bros to film a scene with Kevin Bacon the actor for the TV series ‘The Following’. The noise from the generators and lighting came from the filming crew of Warner Bros. However, we did not have any other complaints surrounding the film crew at the hotel.

I am certain that had we spoken to you directly we could have moved your room away from the film crew and resolved any service issues. My contact information is as follows, Peter Jiser, Director of Sales & Marketing, 914-524-6434. I ensure you that your stay at the hotel was not the norm and we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand. Please contact me at your convenience.
ARLINGTON
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We came across the Doubletree in Tarrytown a few years ago, and we were happy to stay there again recently during a holiday-season vacation to New York.

A short 40-minute train ride to Grand Central Station, the Doubletree is conveniently located for those of us who want to visit New York City but don't want to deal with the hustle and bustle of the city every night. It's great for kids, with a nice indoor pool and a great breakfast buffet. The lobby is surprisingly elegant and spacious, and the rooms were nicely furnished, which is a plus considering the prices are so much more reasonable than a hotel in the City.

We were especially impressed by the polite and helpful staff and the free shuttle that ran between the hotel and the train station (upon request, at least in December when we visited).

My family and I are looking forward to staying at the Doubletree again, next time we visit New York.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown. Thank you for your "excellent" reviews and compliments on the hotel amenities. The hotel was initially built by Hilton as a retreat from NYC. The convenience to NYC and surrounding areas makes the hotel ideal for family weekends. We look forward to your return.
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Everything was good: nice accommodations, comfy rooms, and pleasant, easy to work with staff. Norma and Jakkie, at the front desk, were always very helpful and always had a smile in return to every request made of them. Aviva put in a lot of work to help coordinate our event. I found that the staff at Double Tree Tarrytown is eager to help!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends