“Not bad, but could be better”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, United States
“Not bad, but could be better”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nicely located for Westchester and NYC business. Easy access to highways and train to city. Nearby restaurants not terrific, but good ones available with short drive. Some hotel staff helpful, others not. Hotel public areas could use a lift. Restaurant so so at best.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Reviewed 11 November 2013

DoubleTree in Sleepy Hollow, NY does not have individual room adjustable thermostats. I wanted the room to be cooler than it was preset at and was told they would send someone up, that the thermostat in the room would not adjust temp. Room wasn't cleaned daily.

1 Thank Brenda Y
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. We have shared your comments on the temperature and appointment of your space with our maintenance team so they are aware of the situation. We hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am 100% travel with my job, so I am in hotels every night of the week.(I prefer Hilton chain hotels.) I will never stay at this hotel again. It was clean. That's all I can say. Oh- breakfast was edible, also.

I woke up on the 2nd night of my stay around midnight with my room being 63 degrees. I called down to the front desk to ask what was going on, and was told it was an old building, and there was either air or heat, and the heat had not been turned on yet. (It was 36 outside.) I was then told that because I am from Florida, I probably get cold easier. (At the coldest point, it was 54 degrees in my room.) They brought a space heater to me- a TINY space heater, which helped some, but not much. Needless to say, I am now sitting home sick. Before my 54 degree stay, I felt fine.....

In addition, I lost power in my room for about 30 minutes while I was trying to blow dry my hair. Someone did come down, but he didn't know why the power had gone out because it was still on in the hall. Luckily, it came back on while he was in the room.

Fitness facilities are very important to me while on the road. It looked very nice...until I tried to use the tread mills. All three were broken. I spoke with a guy who was in there, and he says he stays there regularly, and they have never really worked. (One in the center works after you pry the stop button out with your room key card. Insider secret.)

I went to the front desk to ask for headphones for the fitness room as the sign says to do, and the clerk was on the phone, so she gave me the hold on one second finger, which is not really a big deal. I stood there for several minutes (maybe 5?) while she was making arrangements for her daughter and mother to do something the following day. (I think...wasn't trying to eavesdrop... but definitely a personal call.)

The Hampton Inn in Elmsford is wonderful, and even has their manager receptions on Mon, Thurs and Sun for football. Trust me, stay there!

2 Thank tbr0wn178
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience via TripAdvisor. We’re sorry we weren't able to provide the quality amenities and service you deserved during your stay and apologize for the temperature issues in your room. We’re working with our maintenance team to better accommodate the comfort of every guest and the next time you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.
NJ
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We traveled with 3 other families to attend Blaze. We enjoyed both Blaze and the Doubletree by Hilton in Tarrytown, NY. From the staff, to the lobby to our room everything was top notch. I wish we had the same experience at all the hotels we stay at. The warm cookies were a nice added touch. The kids loved the pool and found this facility to be family friendly. Kudos to the Doubletree in Tarrytown we plan to return!!!

Room Tip: Request a room close to the main lobby
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
tarrytown, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Overall a very nice hotel, food is very good and service as well. Will stay again. Would not use the spa again unless they get a different massage therapist. Located in a great area woulndt mind bringing the family to see the town and shop a bit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Paris, France
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My family had an amazing experience at this luxurious Doubletree. Rooms were super cozy, comfortable and clean. The hotel ambiance was perfect and the hotel staff could not have been more accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for writing this terrific review. We hope to see you again soon.
Lynnfield, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

No a/c and no room refrigerators - unacceptable. This is 2013 and these are basics. Weather was warm and a/c was needed. The other hotel option was Marriott and the guests in our group were satisfied. They had both amenities. Will never be back at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends