“Nice quiet property”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Came here for a business trip - everyone was helpful and pleasant. Was able to use shuttle to pick me up at the train and then take me to my meeting in the morning. Restaurant was a nice surprise - very good food.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Once you get past the very strange layout of this hotel it isn't such a bad place to stay. I was here for business and arrived late, the maze to get to my room was confusing and involved small flights of stairs which was a pain with my luggage. The front desk staff was nice and my review is negated by the fact that there was a wedding party staying nearby my room which was very noisy. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby which is central to everything.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FLPantherDog
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Always friendly and helpful. They appear to be happy they work there. Lobby and grounds are wonderful. A lot of events, so you may need to park in the back sometimes. But plenty of parking and lots of access doors to the motel. I like the location on and off 287. you can get downtown in 30 min. on a light traffic day.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nicely located for Westchester and NYC business. Easy access to highways and train to city. Nearby restaurants not terrific, but good ones available with short drive. Some hotel staff helpful, others not. Hotel public areas could use a lift. Restaurant so so at best.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

DoubleTree in Sleepy Hollow, NY does not have individual room adjustable thermostats. I wanted the room to be cooler than it was preset at and was told they would send someone up, that the thermostat in the room would not adjust temp. Room wasn't cleaned daily.

1  Thank Brenda Y
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that your guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. We have shared your comments on the temperature and appointment of your space with our maintenance team so they are aware of the situation. We hope you’ll give us another try the next time your travels bring you to the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Regards,
Linda

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I am 100% travel with my job, so I am in hotels every night of the week.(I prefer Hilton chain hotels.) I will never stay at this hotel again. It was clean. That's all I can say. Oh- breakfast was edible, also.

I woke up on the 2nd night of my stay around midnight with my room being 63 degrees. I called down to the front desk to ask what was going on, and was told it was an old building, and there was either air or heat, and the heat had not been turned on yet. (It was 36 outside.) I was then told that because I am from Florida, I probably get cold easier. (At the coldest point, it was 54 degrees in my room.) They brought a space heater to me- a TINY space heater, which helped some, but not much. Needless to say, I am now sitting home sick. Before my 54 degree stay, I felt fine.....

In addition, I lost power in my room for about 30 minutes while I was trying to blow dry my hair. Someone did come down, but he didn't know why the power had gone out because it was still on in the hall. Luckily, it came back on while he was in the room.

Fitness facilities are very important to me while on the road. It looked very nice...until I tried to use the tread mills. All three were broken. I spoke with a guy who was in there, and he says he stays there regularly, and they have never really worked. (One in the center works after you pry the stop button out with your room key card. Insider secret.)

I went to the front desk to ask for headphones for the fitness room as the sign says to do, and the clerk was on the phone, so she gave me the hold on one second finger, which is not really a big deal. I stood there for several minutes (maybe 5?) while she was making arrangements for her daughter and mother to do something the following day. (I think...wasn't trying to eavesdrop... but definitely a personal call.)

The Hampton Inn in Elmsford is wonderful, and even has their manager receptions on Mon, Thurs and Sun for football. Trust me, stay there!

2  Thank tbr0wn178

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience via TripAdvisor. We’re sorry we weren't able to provide the quality amenities and service you deserved during your stay and apologize for the temperature issues in your room. We’re working with our maintenance team to better accommodate the comfort of every guest and the next time you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.
Regards,
Linda

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We traveled with 3 other families to attend Blaze. We enjoyed both Blaze and the Doubletree by Hilton in Tarrytown, NY. From the staff, to the lobby to our room everything was top notch. I wish we had the same experience at all the hotels we stay at. The warm cookies were a nice added touch. The kids loved the pool and found this facility to be family friendly. Kudos to the Doubletree in Tarrytown we plan to return!!!

Room Tip: Request a room close to the main lobby
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family