“My Tarrytown Hilton Experience”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bronx, New York
“My Tarrytown Hilton Experience”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My sorority secured the Tarrytown Hilton for an overnight function. When I arrived I was pleasantly greeted with a smile and a warm cookie. I found the room to be clean and accomodating. When it was time to conduct our meeting, the staff made sure we were in a quiet location as there were also two wedding receptions going on at the same time. When some of the other members arrived, they had to wait for someone to assist them with the luggage cart, so my only suggestion would be for there to be more available staff to assist. Otherwise a great experience, and I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is right off the highway and easy to get to.

Room Tip: There are stairs, so make sure that if this may be physically challenging that you request a room th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bxgurl1908
Linda R, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for this terrific review.
Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Hempstead, NY, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A very pleasant experience! Accommodations and service are excellent. particular mention is made of the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff at the reception and concierge desks. Also, the engineering department responded immediately to a minor bathroom plumbing

1 Thank Michael S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I spend at least a week per month up at the Tarrytown DoubleTree for business. This past week I had 5 other colleagues that generally stay with a competitor with me for the first time. I knew the staff would shine. Everyone from the bellman, the front desk, to the restaurant staff made an outstanding impression on them. Special shout outs to Shane, Armat and "Joe the bartender", they loved the BBQ and bar service. The cookies were unfortunately too delicious to resist. I am so happy they made my new coworkers feel so welcomed in my second home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank 165margareta
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a large family event in May 2014. Many of our out of town guests stayed at the hotel . The serice from every department was excellent and gracious. We had everthing from a small reception to a large dinner for 135 people to a Sunday brunch. The catering department outdid itself and the food was delicious.
I planned these activities from out of town. I had the very best cooperation I could have possible asked for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie A
We are glad you hosted your family event with us! Thank you for the lovely review!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My boyfriend and our mothers went to NYC for a broadway show & decided to stay outside the city to save money. We settled on Tarrytown because it's a cute little area only forty minutes from the city and right on the train line!! The Double tree is only a couple minutes away from the station which was very convenient. We were greeted with a genuine warmth from the staff and the warm cookies provided at check in were a delicious perk:) There is wonderful atmosphere and the surrounding town seems just as inviting. I'd definitely recommend staying here on your travels.

1 Thank Gilmore_2014
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

There are many ways to judge a hotel -- cleanliness, well-made beds, well-appointed bathrooms with comfortable, usable tubs, strong morning coffee in the lobby, easy-going cafe with menu items you want to eat. This hotel has all these things plus the one thing my husband and I feel raise it up a notch -- truly effective personal service at the front desk. Not only did the gentleman on duty figure out which of the provided directions we should use to get to the wedding chapel on time, but the next morning he figured out which nearby church matched my mental image of where we hoped to go to Mass, printed out a picture to confirm, and found a 9 a.m. Mass. Such genuine helpfulness started when I called the hotel for a two-night reservation. The operator suggested we might want to request a room close to the lobby as this is a big hotel. She said to call ahead if we needed early arrival, and we did. When we showed up more than two hours early, we registered in record time with yet another amazingly personable woman at the front desk. All this and citron soap that smelled so good it seemed like it might cure just about anything.

1 Thank LoftLover
Wow, what a great review! Thank you for recognizing our terrific staff! We hope to see you again soon.
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We love staying at the DoubleTree -- it is convenient and experience is always consistent. We will return every chance we get. The hotel is like being home for us. The staff is wonderful and the services can't be beat. I can't say enough things about our stay even though it was brief this time. We love sitting in the lobby and even got to see a wedding in the courtyard this time around.

1 Thank Barbara R
Thank you for this five star review!