The grounds of the hotel are lovely but all the rooms need updating, we stayed in a double room on a prior visit and also in the cottage on another visit. The cottage is not advertised and we only noticed it at the front of the hotel after our first stay, there are no photos of it that I could find anywhere so I am adding the photos I took of it, it is so charming on the outside but very strangely designed inside. If you manage to book the Cottage [which is a process unto itself] You'll be charged for 3 rooms to stay there [over triple-rate] as they claim it is 3 rooms when actually it is 2 rooms as the 3rd is a small living room? the outside door of the cottage doesnt lock so we had a couple of staff members just walk right in uninvited, very strange.
Unfortunately we had an endless series of farcical experiences with Sania over a very large group reservation for which we felt completely unappreciated and over-charged at every step of the process. I would never recommend a large party to stay here.
Some of our group was charged extra for 'early check-in' and others werent, even when we checked in together? Also - WHAT HOTEL charges for early check-in???? [answer: this one!!]
The hotel seems more geared towards business conferences where the businesses dont care to write off every added expense.
We had a nice time in the inside pool which was a great respite from the hoards at the outside pool. Again, the whole pool area/gym is in desperate need of an update.
Note to management: Do not bother to write a reply to this review, I've stayed at your hotel twice, will not stay at it again or recommend it. Your staff has a very long way to go in terms of customer service. Not all your guests are staying there on their company's dime. Another reviewer put it perfectly when they said 'Nice place, takes advantage of families' - agreed, though I would amend this to say 'takes advantage' period.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan this estate blends historical charm with modern conveniences. Residing on 26-acres overlooking the Lower Hudson River Valley, well-appointed lodging is found at Tarrytown House Estate, featuring impressive 19th-century mansions - King Mansion and Biddle Mansion - a Carriage House and The Cottage. A Perfect getaway for a weekend adult escape from the city or a destination wedding. Tarrytown House Estate offers luxurious Hudson Valley lodging and amenities. This landmark hotel in Westchester, NY features extensive leisure and recreational facilities such as a fitness center, family friendly heated indoor pool and a seasonal adult only outdoor pool. The estate also offers seasonal/complimentary basketball, volleyball, bocce, horse-shoes and tennis courts. Historic Westchester County proves to enhance a visitor's Hudson Valley lodging experience with incredible opportunities for Hudson River Valley antiquing, boating, hiking and sightseeing. Enjoy any or all of these activities among the rich and historic atmosphere known as home to Westchester, New York's famous sites including the Washington Irving's Sunnyside, Philipsburg Manor and the spectacular Rockefeller estate, Kykuit. While staying at Tarrytown House Estate, guests can experience the many attractions that the Hudson Valley has to offer including the scenic Hudson Park, Neuberger Museum of Art, Grand Prix New York Racing, and the Cortlandt Heritage Museum. The hotel is also located only 5 miles away from Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture where guests can enjoy various dishes made from locally grown produce and ingredients at the center's restaurant, Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The hotel is also near the United States Military Academy at West Point, offering convenient accommodations during graduation or family events at the academy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson Hotel Tarrytown
- Tarrytown Hotel Estate
- Tarrytown House Hotel
- Dolce Tarrytown House
- Tarrytown Dolce House
- Tarrytown House Estate On The Hudson New York - Westchester County