“A Hudson Valley Treasure!”

Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Putnam Valley, New York
“A Hudson Valley Treasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Tarrytown House Estates & Conference Center for a business overnight and it was very nice indeed! Clean, comfy and the staff is exceptionally professional and greet you with a warm welcome! A definite place to stay at any time of the year...beautiful grounds and area attractions. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Tip - stay near first two floors of rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hello Barbara A

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review after your most recent stay ar our Estate. I am thrilled you enjoyed the property and were able to experience the service our associates have made us know for!

Please visit us again as we would love to welcome you back to the Estate!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Oxford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

My wife and I have been staying at Tarrytown House several times a year for the last few years. Whether it is summer time or during the chill of winter, THECC offers a great facility for couples and families. In and outdoor pools, bocci, weights, an great dining at Cellar 49 can't be beat. The staff has always been very accommodating and friendly. It offers a great location for downtown excursions as well. Great food and libations are all around!

Room Tip: I have never had a problem with my families' accommodations.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hello DBO61277

Thanks for taking the time out to share your review of your stays at our Estate. We love having you as our repeat guest and thrilled that you are able to enjoy the property during any time of year.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the Estate!

All the best in your future travels,
Lake George, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I visited the hotel to experience NYC during the Christmas Season. I thought staying in Tarrytown would take the crazy out of the busy NYC Experience. And it did. Starting with the warm welcome at the front desk, no lines, no crowds just a view of the grounds as the snow was falling. Breathtaking. We arrived early and the front desk agent informed us we could check in early. My luggage was quickly brought to my room. The room was spotless. Just the way I like it. My daughter was impressed. We both work at a hotel in the Adirondack and we taut that we have the cleanest hotel. We have met our match.
The front desk agent was very helpful in directing my daughter and I to the Metro North station to NYC. A quick five minute ride left us at the station and we were on our way to NYC only a half hr. train ride along the Hudson. Again, WOW no crowds and no lines. We experienced the city Holiday scene and decided to head back to Tarrytown early for dinner in the town . It was such a quaint town. After having the best burger we arrived back at the Tarrytown house in time for an after dinner drink at the beautiful cellar bar. The next morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the Biddle House overlooking the snow drifted grounds. The Mansion is stunning. My daughter and I strolled through all the different rooms and admired all the fireplaces and furnishing in each room. The food was incredible and so was the service. I would recommend staying here instead of the city anytime. I noticed the beautiful outdoor pool. Maybe during the summer I will again enjoy NYC by way of Tarrytown Estate Hospitality, This experience was truly the beast of both worlds. We were able to hustle with the NYC vibe and then relax to the beauty and Holiday Spirit in Tarrytown. My daughter was so impressed that I am making this a yearly tradition at the Tarrytown House.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann Marie C
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Hello Ann Marie C

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our Trip Advisor community. It is experiences like yours that have kept our Estate ranked #1 in Trip Advisor and am extremley happy to hear we did not dissapoint.

Please check our website and email offers as the Estate is perfect for visiting anytime of year!

We hope to welcome you back soon and wish you all the best in your future travels!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Was here on business and the rooms were nice, nothing special, but clean and fairly large. Bed was comfy and shower and bathroom were nice. Breakfast in the morning is a nice addition. Lots of options including organic options. Staff was nice. My only complaint is cellar 49 was freezing, we wore our coats the whole dinner, it was during the polar vortex in NYC but still it was ridiculously cold. Maybe check the heating system. Otherwise a beautiful place to spend time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Hello Abby G

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recent stay at our Estate. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for the constructive feedback regarding the heat in Cellar 49 as we use this to continually better our Estate.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I have been here twice (July & Sept 2013) and both times were amazing. I love their beautiful grounds makes me feel like I'm in a whole different world. I forgot the building I checked into but the room was beautiful. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable compared to many hotels I've been to. The lifeguard Racquel (I believe her name was) is amazing. She has a great personality and even inspired me to finally learn how to swim. When I went in September due to it being a bit chilly I used the indoor pool and loved it as well. Everything from front desk receptionist service to housekeeping was great. I don't have any complaints at all. I will definitely be visiting often and I have already recommended this hotel to all my cousins. Next time I might consider staying in the King Mansion since I've heard many positive things about it.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Hello Jennyenny

Thank you for taking the time to out share your review of some of your past stays at our Estate. We appreciate you taking this time and happy to hear we did not dissapoint during your time with us.

Although a beautiful place to stay during the summer, we welcome you back in the winter months, especially as we extend some promotional rates for Valentines Day weekend. Please check our website for great offers to bring you back to us sooner than you think!

All the best in your future travels and hope to welcome you back to the Estate again in the near future!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I recently stayed at Tarrytown house for a weekend for a quick anniversary getaway. We arrived late Friday night after dinner in NYC and were warmly greeted and checked in. We paid for breakfast when we booked, which saved some money. I think if you pay when you arrive its $25 p/p but if you pay ahead its $17 p/p. The room was comfortable and clean. There was signs that some work could be done on the ceiling, but nothing monumental. Like I said, room was clean, comfortable and a nice size. There was a coffee machine (similar to a keurig) in the room with bottled water and that was also nice. The toiletries were nice. My only complaint in the bathroom was the towels. They were SO hard....a little softener would go a long way in that department. It snowed a lot during our stay so we were unable to really enjoy the grounds but we could tell it would be beautiful in better weather. Breakfast was good. You can order omelettes, of pancakes. There were fruits, yogurts, pastries, cereals, bacon, etc. NOW, Saturday night we ate at Cellar 49 bc of the snow, we wanted to stay nearby. The drinks were okay, the food was horrendous. SKIP THE RESTAURANT. It was overpriced, especially for food that bad. I ordered the fish and was told they didn't have b/c it was out of season. Then I wanted to substitute the potatoes in my dish for potatoes au gratin. First, the waiter said, let me see if we saved those. That should have been a warning sign, but no, I kept my order as was. When my food came it was bland and the potato dish.....let's just say you shouldn't see the slices of cheese intact in this dish.....the cheese is supposed to melt. It LOOKED and tasted terrible. I didnt send this back b/c I had already sent back my salad b/c it was DRENCHED in salad dressing....gross. So instead, I just let them take my dishes with practically my entire dinner on it, less the couple of bites of meat my husband took from my plate to taste it. WASTE of money. PS, dont know if I got bad food b/c at breakfast on Sunday, one of the staff told me they were closing down for 2 weeks - maybe they were all in shut down mode? I don't know but I was definitely disappointed.

Hotel - definitely would do again. Cellar 49, would not touch with a 10 foot pole.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mea204
Hello Mea204,

Thank you for taking some time to share your review after your stay at our Estate. We enjoyed having you as our guest.

Although we are happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us, we are dissapointed to hear that you did not have the dining experience our guests have come to know Cellar 49 for. With that said, our Cellar 49 management staff has been trying you reach you to discuss this matter further.

We hope to hear back from you soon so we can investigate these matters further as we are constantly looking at ways we can improve with the assistance of feedback from our guests.

Thanks,
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary weekend and had a wonderful time. The hotel is very close to town center and to the historic Sunnyside and Lyndhurst estates. The grounds are beautiful. My only gripe would be that things are a bit spread out - navigating the hotel can be a bit like finding your way through a maze until you get to know your way. Still, I loved the look of the hotel and found the staff to be very helpful. The hotel restaurant, Cellar 49, is also good for dinner or a drink. I also really enjoyed the buffet breakfast they offer (at an additional cost). Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel and will definitely be returning again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello preciosa919,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your recent review of our Estate. We were thrilled to host you for your romantic getaway and happy to hear you enjoyed all that the Estate has to offer.

As we approach Valentine's Day weekend please continue to visit our website as we have some excellent promotions for this holiday weekend.

All the best in your future travels and hope to see you again soon at Tarrytown House Estate!