Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$196
US$160
ComfortInn
1,562 results
All reviewsking mansionoutdoor poolbeautiful groundscellar restaurantconference centerfire pitracquetball courtgreat weekendbusiness conferencenew yorkbuffet breakfastsleepy hollowguest roomswingsputnampropertywedding
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I will first say that the grounds and the (2) mansions on the property are beautiful, but our room was a "run of the mill" accomodation ... nothing special about it. Based on the grandeur of the King & Dibble mansions, I would have expected the guest rooms to more appropriately reflect the same style ... but the room was avg/sml in size for 2 dbl beds, and the decor was nothing special. I know it may sound petty, but I would have thought that for what we were paying we could have at least had more than (7) hangers for two people & not been expected to pay $2 per bottle for generic water or $6 per bottle for "high end" water (good thing I'd thought to bring my own!!).

One person I must bring attention to is Kathy ... she works in the Carriage House @ the Reception Desk. She was absolutely wonderful!!! And we just happened to discover her as we were exploring the grounds ... she was very knowledgeable, friendly, and thoughtful (she even tracked us down to give us some "starter quarters" (as ALL parking in town is metered).

I was really hoping to be "over the top" about our stay, but it did not meet my expectations. Sadly, I will not stay here again ... and I do plan to return to Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow. I think I'll be just as happy staying at the Double Tree!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JustPlainAbby
THECC, Director of Sales at Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Hello JustPlainAbby

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent review with our Trip Advisor community. Although I am happy to hear you were able to experience the customer service we have come to be known for, I am dissapointed that you did not find our property to provide the value you were looking for.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Estate in the near future and wish you all the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful estate and grounds. The bed was very comfortable for a great night of rest. The hotel was very clean and the reception desk was excellent. It was very quiet and relaxing. There is a cool little restaurant & bar on the grounds.

Hello R B-

Thank you for taking the time out to share your review with our Trip Advisor community. I am happy to hear you were able to find our Estate to be a relaxing getaway and hope you will visit us again in the very near future.

All the best in your future travels and hope to welcome you back for another great nght of sleep at the Tarrytown House Estate!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This place was beautiful, gardens, beautiful 19th century mansion, rooms were ok, I found that the design of the inside didn't really fit with the outside, some design touch should be done here and there. Beatiful place for a wedding, there is a ballroom and conference room, we had the standard king room but you can choose the king mansion, they looked nicer. Staff was ok, breakfast was really good, they have a restaurant on site that you absolutely have to try!

Hello Leah-heal

Thank you for taking time out to share your review with our Trip Advsor community. We were excited to have you as our guest and happy to hear you found our Estate to be a unique and good setting compared to visiting another hotel.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future and wish you all the best in your future travels!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This facilties were very nice and there was LOTS to do. Very easy access from the city. Stayed in King Mansion and the room had a fantastic view of the city on the hudson. I will certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Endrawes

Thank you for sharing your review with our Trip Advisor community. We were happy to have you as our guest and thriled that you enjoyed your time with us in our hisoric King Mansion.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future and wish you all the best in your travels!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

THE ROOM: We stayed 2 nights at the King Mansion in Room 293...yes the haunted room. Although I was a bit uneasy once I found this out (as it was our anniversary!) and asked to see if any other rooms were available, we ended up not moving rooms because we didn't want to give up our spectacular balcony with views of the Hudson River and awesome sunsets.

THE HOTEL: The hotel and property was very nice, lots of big old trees. We enjoyed playing the lawn games and walking around.

THE FOOD: We got the bed & breakfast option, and although on the pricey side, we enjoyed our breakfast and views in the morning. We had dinner at Cellar 49 and the food is also a bit on the pricey side, but the food was pretty tasty -- especially the yummy pickled vegetables.

THE STAFF: Everybody working in the hotel and property were so nice!! It was a great experience.

1  Thank Amy W

Hello Amy

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy that you chose our Estate to celebrate your anniversary and enjoyed all the property has to offer from our grounds to dinner in Cellar 49!

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future and wish you all the best in your future travels!