“NOISY And FEARFUL”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Boca Raton, Florida
“NOISY And FEARFUL”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this Hotel the beginning of April. We took 2 rooms for my grandchildren and daughters. After we returned to the hotel in the evening we were met with a party next door in which the parties were using marijuana. After a call to the front desk, one member of the hotel security showed up. Rather than contacting the police and throwing the parties out, security ended the party and allowed the people who were staying in the room to remain. This was outrageous to us. We had children under 10 that were kept up until after midnight with noise in the hall, the constant smell of drugs and fear of reprisal. What did management do....give us a 25 dollar reduction of room prices. One of the reductions was credited and we have yet to receive the other and are fighting for it with AMEX.....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Paul G, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Westchester Marriott. We appreciate your comments and recognize the importance of your feedback in improving hotel operations. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the smell of smoke and noise in the hallway. We take the safety and security of our guest very seriously and do our best to maintain a secure environment for all of our guest. I have shared your comments with our security leadership in an effort to resolve these issues so that no other guest will be similarly inconvenienced. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at 914-333-1202. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I love to stay here when I go for business in Westchester county.. Conveniently located near the major highways..free and huge parking space.. the hotel's concierge lounge offers to its platinum and gold members one of the best food menus comparing to other US Marriott locations. Charming swimming pool and hot tub as well as good size well equipped gym... Excellent hotel..Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ME S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 March 2014

So when I got to the hotel the elevators were not working I got in a elevator that took me to to the basement then I was stuck down there for 10 minutes could not find any stairs luckily an engineer found me and brought me up the service elevator. Mind you I had a meeting waiting on me as I went to the front desk to complain I met a gentlemen by the name of Faly (think thats how its spelled) at the front desk most friendliest young man I met at the hotel thus far not only did he take my bag off my hand and escort me to my room he also called the person I was meeting with to let them know I was running late. The next day I catch him working the concierge lounge I went there to grab a quick snack, next thing you know Im drinking tequila 4 drinks in I stayed there for 3 hours watching the NCAA tournament with him. This kid has a good head on his shoulder for his age and knows his stuff about basketball. If it wasn't for this young man I was coming on here to write how terrible my arrival was. They are a great hotel regardless of the elevators not working and I having to take a service elevator. I probably just caught them at the wrong time. I will be back soon

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mr W
Bellingham, MA
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a great weekend at this hotel. We were two groups in two different rooms. We each had small children and came for the pool. The rooms overlooking the pools are lovely. My only complaint was that the pool was quite cold and there seemed to be about 5 parties from the poolside rooms in the pool making it very crowded.

The meal plain is a great deal. The kids eat free breakfast with paying adult and the brunch was quite good. We also ate dinner there which was tasty. The restaurant was very unorganized but made up for it with the food.

Room Tip: pool side or pool view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara A
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a lovely time at the Westchester Marriot. The staff member who received us at the desk was lovely. She was very informative about the area. I felt so welcomed. The room was clean. That is a plus. I was glad we didn't have to pay for parking and for those who have the late night munchies there is a stop and shop not even 0.3 miles down the road.

Room Tip: There is a large pool area in the center of the hotel. Some rooms surround the pool with terraces. T...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JackAttack3209
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Checked in Friday night (about 10 pm), front desk clerk was checking me in and helping other guests at the same time. Multi-tasking is great but he wasn't focused. He asked me if I wanted a King or 2 doubles, I said 2 doubles. In the midst of his multi-tasking, he neglected to give me a room with 2-double beds because when the 4 of us went to the room, there was a King. We went back down to the desk, this time the Office Supervisor (I think his name was Mark) assisted us. I explained to him that we requested 2 doubles and he told me that my Marriott profile was guaranteed for a King and that they were sold out of doubles for the night. I told him that the clerk had asked me which room type I wanted and I told him 2 doubles. He did give us a room with 2 doubles, with a l view of the sallelite dishes! We checked in our room and my mother went to the vending machines on our floor (2nd). There were 2 pieces of a pretzel on the floor, by the garbage. There was also a ROACH! We passed by the vending machine area every time we used the elevator, and Saturday night, those same 2 pretzel pieces were there! I guess it's nobody's job to clean the vending machine area. Sunday morning, room phone rung at 9:00, a wake up that we did not request. It did that 3 times. My mom went to the front desk and the same Office Supervisor was there. He apologized for the phone, offered a late check out, and breakfast from the restaurant.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank babygirl12
New city, NY
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stay here every once in a while just to get away for the night. We stayed the night of valentines day. Room was clean, unfortunately the pillows where not up to the Marriott standards (we love the pillows and the bed at the marriotts) My fault I should have asked immediately for more. We were pleasantly surprised with their new bar/restaurant. We had drinks at the bar and breakfast the next morning, but we love Ruths Crist restaurant that is connected to the hotel. Once again a great meal there. Everyone at the hotel was extremely nice.
I do however think it is time to upgrade the pool area and hot tub area. Looks beautiful in the pictures but the pool is uninviting. (the area surrounding the pool is lovely, you can even get a room that you walk right out to the pool area, great if you have little kids.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank conrad0928
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrytown
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Been to Westchester Marriott? Share your experiences!