“Great place to stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for a night for a romantic getaway. The bar was large and had a great selection. The restaurant, Cooper's Mill was delicious. The food was fresh, plentiful and reasonably priced. It gets a bit noisy at night. There was a prom going on and several guest from a wedding were there. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. We're going back again this weekend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I took a course offered by Phillips. ADHA. The food was amazing, the decor lovely and the staff - attentive, polite and helpful. A delightful experience! The location is not far from the train station. There is plenty of parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Was so pleased to be able to check in early when I arrived. Room was clean, although had a bit of a funky smell to it. Staff was friendly. Unfortunately, was up most of the night from a loud party going on in the next room. Called security more than once and each time they did address the issue until finally - at about 2 am - they addressed it for the last time. The guests could be heard up and down the hallway. The staff did comp us breakfast in the morning. Breakfast buffet was very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paul G, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the Westchester Marriott, it was great to hear about your check in and breakfast experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and do our best to maintain a safe and secure environment for all our patrons; unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. If your travels ever bring you back to our hotel please do not hesitate to let me know at 914-333-1202 so I can place special attention to your reservation. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
waynesboro
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I were on our way back home to N.C. from cleaning out our home in Maine when we had car trouble getting on the Tappan Zee bridge. Unfortunately, it was not a quick fix and we needed to find some place to stay that would accept dogs. This was the only hotel we could find.

They quoted us a room rate of just under 300.00 per night. I asked about a AAA discount, and they said that included the discount. I find it odd that they would automatically give a AAA discount without knowing if the person was a member. They also said the charge for the dogs was a nonrefundable 75.00.

This hotel seems to be geared towards business travelers more so than vacationers. For 300.00 a night, I would expect free WiFi at the very least. Nope. It is an additional 12.99 per 24 hours. You can stay at a Day's Inn and get free WiFi and breakfast for about 70.00. Also, they don't even throw you a stale muffin in the morning. They do however have coffee in the room.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. They were nice enough to give us a room on the ground floor near a door so we could take the dogs out easily.

They have a Ruth's Chris steakhouse, but the prices were crazy. About a half mile away there was a Stop and Shop so we walked over there to get our food. One other thing, no fridge in the rooms. Plus, you had to walk all the way to the other side of the building to get ice.

The front desk staff was very professional. Almost to the point of being cold. Only one woman had a welcoming personality and pity for our plight. I wish I could remember her name. When we were trying to grab luggage out of our car to get to the waiting taxi, we grabbed the wrong bag. We ended up with things like window cleaner, a dowel, bleach etc. You know, useful things when you are stranded in a hotel 15 miles from your luggage. I asked for a razor, toothbrush and toothpaste at the front desk. I got such a look that I was totally belittled. I was told that "You do know there is a Stop and Shop 2 parking lots over ... don't you?" All while grudgingly being handed the items I asked for. I am pretty sure the person that gave them to me did not have to pay for them out of their own pocket, they are COMPLIMENTARY. We didn't ask for a free room, or grouse about the price. We paid with a smile on our faces, even though it really hurt, I guess we were not up to their snobby N.Y. standards. I certainly was made to feel out of place.

The housekeeping staff is AWESOME, and deserves some recognition. On my first foray out of the room to try and find ice, I ran into one of the housekeepers on the second floor. She was so friendly and helpful. She helped me find the ice, got me more coffee for our room, soap, shampoo, towels etc. The housekeeper on our floor was equally as pleasant. We had some trouble communicating as she only spoke Spanish, and me only English, but we managed to understand each other. She also hooked us up with coffee to tide us over. These two women were the highlight of our stay.

One other person that went out of his way to help out and make us feel welcome was the bellman, at least I think that is what his title would be. He made sure that we got fresh cookies at the front desk when we checked in. He also helped me find my way back to our room when I got lost trying to find the ice machine. He was extremely pleasant, not put on or fake, just a nice man.

I would not suggest this hotel for a regular vacation, it is more oriented towards business. I also did not see any young children there, it did not seem very kid friendly, but that might just be me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul G, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to add a review of our hotel and sharing your experience with the Westchester Marriott. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory. Your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms, quality of the bed and our staff being cordial are very much appreciated. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced with the Internet, many of our hotel guests do use the in room Internet and we feel we are competitively priced for this service within our market. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at 914-333-1202.
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've been staying at this hotel whenever I am in Tarrytown/White Plains for the last 10-12 years. The hotel is an "easy" choice. Room are your typical Marriott standard issue, nice and clean. Friendly staff. Overall, you can't go wrong with this hotel for a business stay.

Green Features: Marriott is committed to environmental causes, and aside from the labels that indicate the practice, the staff actually do follow them.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is the "standard" Marriott - nice, clean rooms, efficient staff, and functional public spaces. Our group held two meetings here and the event staff was responsive to our needs, willing to fix the little things that needed fixing, and worked hard to get everything right for us. There are two restaurants in the hotel - a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and a farm-to-table option (which is also the bar) called Cooper's Mill. Drinks ordered at the latter took an absurdly long time to arrive, presumably because they were fairly busy and had only two bartenders. Food there was OK. Didn't eat in the steakhouse. The only disappointment for me was that, despite my Marriott Rewards Platinum status, my room preferences were ignored and I ended up on the 2nd floor instead of the Concierge (9th) Floor. Otherwise, it was a perfectly fine stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm Latino. I stayed here for 2 days with my entire family. Great location, beautiful amenities.
Here is the issue, the two times that we went to the Hotel. A security guy (Called Freddie) try to enforce us the Jacuzzi Rule in from of everyone like we do not how to read. We were just getting into the Pool Amenity with my kids, and He called us in front of everyone to inform us about the Jacuzzi Rule for Kids in a very rude and disrespectful way. Without us doing anything wrong.
We were just arriving in the Hotel!!!
The worst thing, I didn't see him enforcing the same rule to nobody else during my stay.
Also, I was able to see kids ALL Day long in the Jacuzzi. (I know is very dangerous for kids skin)
He did not stop once to enforce the rule.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jonh F
Paul G, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Westchester Marriott. We appreciate your comments and recognize the importance of your feedback in improving hotel operations. I do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced in the pool area. We take the safety and security of our guest very seriously and do our best to maintain a secure environment for the entire hotel. I have shared your comments with our security leadership in an effort to resolve these issues so that no other guest will be similarly inconvenienced. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at 914-333-1202. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarrytown
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel
#7 of 7 in Tarrytown
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Greenburgh
Hampton Inn White Plains / Tarrytown

Been to Westchester Marriott? Share your experiences!