Westchester Marriott
Sheraton Tarrytown Hotel(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$185
US$166
Doubletree.com
US$126
SpringHill Suites Tarrytown Westchester County(Tarrytown)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$124
US$192
US$150
ComfortInn
All reviewsthe concierge loungeruth chrisretractable roofnice hotelpool areabusiness hotelgood nights sleepfront desk staffnice staybed was comfortablebreakfast buffetwhite plainsflat screen tvnew yorkcooperselevatorlobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

When I am in Westchester county I usually alternate between here and the Sheraton just down the street. The Marriott has better service and the club room if you have access has a better offering of food especially at breakfast. The rooms are nice and standard Marriott. I have an issue with Marriott bathrooms, they remind me of institutional (hospitals, dormitory, etc..) bathrooms. Finally the price for what you get leaves a little to be desired.

Room Tip: Access to the club lounge is desirable if you can get it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Paul G, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Westchester Marriott. We appreciate your comments and recognize the importance of your feedback in improving hotel operations. Your positive comments regarding our service and the concierge lounge food offerings were great to hear. I was disappointed to hear you felt the price for what you get leaves a little to be desired. We feel we are competitively priced within our market and do offer special packages that include Internet and breakfast which may offer you a better value in the future. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at 914-333-1202.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for a night for a romantic getaway. The bar was large and had a great selection. The restaurant, Cooper's Mill was delicious. The food was fresh, plentiful and reasonably priced. It gets a bit noisy at night. There was a prom going on and several guest from a wedding were there. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. We're going back again this weekend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I took a course offered by Phillips. ADHA. The food was amazing, the decor lovely and the staff - attentive, polite and helpful. A delightful experience! The location is not far from the train station. There is plenty of parking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Was so pleased to be able to check in early when I arrived. Room was clean, although had a bit of a funky smell to it. Staff was friendly. Unfortunately, was up most of the night from a loud party going on in the next room. Called security more than once and each time they did address the issue until finally - at about 2 am - they addressed it for the last time. The guests could be heard up and down the hallway. The staff did comp us breakfast in the morning. Breakfast buffet was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Paul G, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding the Westchester Marriott, it was great to hear about your check in and breakfast experience. Please accept our sincere apologies for the noise you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and do our best to maintain a safe and secure environment for all our patrons; unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. If your travels ever bring you back to our hotel please do not hesitate to let me know at 914-333-1202 so I can place special attention to your reservation. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I were on our way back home to N.C. from cleaning out our home in Maine when we had car trouble getting on the Tappan Zee bridge. Unfortunately, it was not a quick fix and we needed to find some place to stay that would accept dogs. This was the only hotel we could find.

They quoted us a room rate of just under 300.00 per night. I asked about a AAA discount, and they said that included the discount. I find it odd that they would automatically give a AAA discount without knowing if the person was a member. They also said the charge for the dogs was a nonrefundable 75.00.

This hotel seems to be geared towards business travelers more so than vacationers. For 300.00 a night, I would expect free WiFi at the very least. Nope. It is an additional 12.99 per 24 hours. You can stay at a Day's Inn and get free WiFi and breakfast for about 70.00. Also, they don't even throw you a stale muffin in the morning. They do however have coffee in the room.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. They were nice enough to give us a room on the ground floor near a door so we could take the dogs out easily.

They have a Ruth's Chris steakhouse, but the prices were crazy. About a half mile away there was a Stop and Shop so we walked over there to get our food. One other thing, no fridge in the rooms. Plus, you had to walk all the way to the other side of the building to get ice.

The front desk staff was very professional. Almost to the point of being cold. Only one woman had a welcoming personality and pity for our plight. I wish I could remember her name. When we were trying to grab luggage out of our car to get to the waiting taxi, we grabbed the wrong bag. We ended up with things like window cleaner, a dowel, bleach etc. You know, useful things when you are stranded in a hotel 15 miles from your luggage. I asked for a razor, toothbrush and toothpaste at the front desk. I got such a look that I was totally belittled. I was told that "You do know there is a Stop and Shop 2 parking lots over ... don't you?" All while grudgingly being handed the items I asked for. I am pretty sure the person that gave them to me did not have to pay for them out of their own pocket, they are COMPLIMENTARY. We didn't ask for a free room, or grouse about the price. We paid with a smile on our faces, even though it really hurt, I guess we were not up to their snobby N.Y. standards. I certainly was made to feel out of place.

The housekeeping staff is AWESOME, and deserves some recognition. On my first foray out of the room to try and find ice, I ran into one of the housekeepers on the second floor. She was so friendly and helpful. She helped me find the ice, got me more coffee for our room, soap, shampoo, towels etc. The housekeeper on our floor was equally as pleasant. We had some trouble communicating as she only spoke Spanish, and me only English, but we managed to understand each other. She also hooked us up with coffee to tide us over. These two women were the highlight of our stay.

One other person that went out of his way to help out and make us feel welcome was the bellman, at least I think that is what his title would be. He made sure that we got fresh cookies at the front desk when we checked in. He also helped me find my way back to our room when I got lost trying to find the ice machine. He was extremely pleasant, not put on or fake, just a nice man.

I would not suggest this hotel for a regular vacation, it is more oriented towards business. I also did not see any young children there, it did not seem very kid friendly, but that might just be me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul G, Manager at Westchester Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add a review of our hotel and sharing your experience with the Westchester Marriott. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory. Your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms, quality of the bed and our staff being cordial are very much appreciated. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced with the Internet, many of our hotel guests do use the in room Internet and we feel we are competitively priced for this service within our market. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at 914-333-1202.