“Smelly Musty Room” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tarrytown
Glastonbury,CT
“Smelly Musty Room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I stayed for 1 night for a business trio and it was too many nights. Upon check in I asked for a larger room because I had to spread out to do some work for the next day. The clueless front desk agent could not even help me by explaining the layout of the room and only offered me the Presidential suite for an exorbitant rate. A colleague I was traveling with actually go a larger room. Go figure. I asked for some assistance from the Bell man and waited 30 minutes until I finally unloaded my luggage and business cases myself (with bad back) . The room I had smelled musty and I actually had an alleric reaction to it which cleared up after 24 hours. The Ruth Chris resturant is very good as well as the breakfast buffet. The breakfast buffet is $18.95....ouch Stay next door at the new Sheraton Hotel because I will if I stay in the area again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

While the exterior may not be flashy, the hotel is very nice. Our room, facing the nice pool atrium was large, clean, and modern. Free internet for a day was nice, and even though the business center costs money, they have two free computers in the lobby. All staff members were very nice. Room service, got the Fliet Mignon, was very good, while at the restaurant, not the Ruth's Chris, but the other one had good food, yet mediocre service. Have to make a u-turn to get there coming from downtown Tarrytown, but still not bad location. Only thing I would have to recommend would be to give free in-room internet.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank hotelsnob96
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel, expecting traditional Marriott experience. While the hotel itself was basically what was expected, upon leaving we discovered our BMW car was broken into and trunk items stolen. BE AWARE OF THIS - this Marriott claims no responsibility or liability for your car/contents, and after going through the Marriott claims process, they deny any responsibility if you park on their property. After reading TripAdvisor comments from other individuals, this is not the first similar incident. They didnt even offer to reimburse for the roomstay as a courtesy, much less the actual cost of the damages. Note, they dont even have cameras outside to protect their customers.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MarkofNewYork
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

I haven't stayed at this hotel in several years, mostly because I don't care for the central atrium that the hotel has.

I got this hotel through Priceline, and it was nicer than I remembered. I was given a high floor, so I didn't have to look out to the atrium. However, I was given a room next to the elevators, which meant that I could hear the elevators moving every time someone used them.

The hotel has been updated since I was last there -- very well adapted for whatever kinds of electronics you might want to plug in or hook up. They also have flat screen TVs, which they didn't have last time I stayed. Given that, it's disappointing that there are so many sports and news channels, and not nearly enough general entertainment channels which might appeal to their female guests (a major pet peeve of mine). I don't see why they need to have ESPN in both regular and HD, nor do I see why they need 5 or 6 ESPNs.

Aside from that, the only other problem was the $12.95 per day charge to use the internet. I don't know why the higher end hotels feel they have to charge for the types of benefits you get for free at midscale hotels.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for one night while visiting the local restaurant Blue Hill. We felt the hotel wasn't conducive to a romantic weekend away.

I imagine this would be a good hotel for a business traveler. The hotel is next to a number of major highways, one of which was the view out our window.

In general I would say that the hotel rooms were mediocre for the price category. The staff was the real standout feature at the hotel. All of my interactions with the staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

I and my husband stayed in Marriot for 5 days. They had great service and peaceful environment.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I stayed here for just one night but I would definately stay there again. Its modern and swanky for a Marriot and for Tarrytown. The rooms were nice and I had a good night sleep in that comfy bed. The indoor pool area was relaxing and a nice bonus since it was a rainy day. My rate also included a gift card to Ruth Chris Steakhouse in the hotel. The food and service was excellent. Tarrytown is a pretty quiet area so not that just to do at night but lots of daytime things.I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple