Wellesley Hotel and Restaurant
1000 Islands Harbor Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$265
TripAdvisor
Wooden Boat Inn(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$96
Rock Ledge Motel(Alexandria Bay)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
Otter Creek Inn(Alexandria Bay)(Great Value!)
US$115
Capt.'s Inn & Suites(Alexandria Bay)(Great Value!)
US$78
Orbitz.com
C-Way Motel(Clayton)
All reviewsacross the streetbreadfriesmenudinnertiislandsummerclaytonparkporchdessertcheftravelatmosphere
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My Great and Great Great Grandfathers stayed in this hotel in the early 1900's and it was one of the reasons my Sister, her 7 family members and I stayed in the hotel this past week. It was soooo hot and humid but even though there is no A/C....nobody thought of that way back when.... the giant ceiling fans and open windows made it comfortable to sleep at night. The rooms are small and most of them are suites with a connecting bath....the real deal in old hotels....the beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. There is no breakfast served in the hotel BUT the "Guzzle" across the street serves a really nice menu. Really a wonderful time. Only 4 rooms available and we had them all. We look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Beth j
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Even though the hotel hasn't opened for the summer and the owners have changed, I can already tell you it's going to be worth a trip! The new chef, Karin Lapusnak has been the executive chef at a few other northern NY favorites of mine and she is great!! The Brinkmans will be missed; there will never be a replacement for the favored Thai Fried Scallops, or Diane's ability to squeeze yet another reservation onto the books for you. I'm hopeful that the new owners will maintain the outstanding reputation of The Wellesley Hotel and I recommend a visit!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank etd3
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Reservations are a must here.

As others have mentioned, this is a way the past used to be. The service was great and the food exceptional.

We started off with the calamari; it was very nice and not over powering on the sauces. We then moved into the Greek Style chicken dumplings, tasted great, Grilled duck breast, the best I have had, and the Celeste’s cavatellis di giorno pasta, again great!

This is a must restaurant to eat at if you are anywhere in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Holeman_157
Reviewed 9 August 2012

If you are looking for a quaint place to stay with the feel of a bed and breakfast, this is a great place for you. I learned I'm more of a "Holiday Inn" traveler, but I still enjoyed our stay.
Friendly staff, the restaurant is first rate and we really enjoyed the trivia night in the pub. Great location and a quick walk to the water.
Keep in mind there is no air conditioning in the rooms. Plenty of ventilation from the windows and ceiling fans, but on a warm August night, it was a tad uncomfortable. I imagine the lack of A/C isn't a problem most of the year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank radiorobin
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We have repeatedly returned to this hotel for dinner and we have never been disappointed. The peaceful ambiance, the excellent service, the relaxing atmosphere as well as the creative cuisine keeps us coming back for more.The outside terrace is smack dab in the middle of fabulously maintained wooden gingerbread `cottage`homes which takes one back to a quieter time. The park just outside the restaurant gives it a "country friendly casual"atmosphere. The dinner menu includes amazing local perch, fantastic artisan cheeses, homemade bread, fantastic appetizers. I can go on and on about this hotel as it is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple