“Cleanest hotel within miles”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Ticonderoga Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ticonderoga
Portland, CT
“Cleanest hotel within miles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

I believe this new hotel has the cleanest rooms around... they are spotless.... comparable to 4 star hotels. Especially to note was the clean smell; spotless carpet; the marble showers and sink area; the down comforter-style bedding (not just a blanket); the large flat screen TV; nice size fridge in a built-in cabinet; and air conditioning worked without any issues. The staff was nice and as helpful as possible.

There were a few quibbles I had with the hotel, but considering the other accomodations in the area, this is by far the best. The quibbles.

1. The room layout is not for business travelers, there is no desk. There is a small square table on which the (optional) microwave and ice bucket were placed. This was the only place for a laptop.... squeezed next to the microwave. Of course, there was no ergo office chair either, as many hotels do now have. The room also had the top of a dresser/TV unit and a small night-table, neither of which was suitable for typing.

2. Other reviewers mentioned the good continental breakfast. I found it not that good. They had a few cold cereals with milk and juice. They had hard boiled eggs and make-your-own-waffle-batter. However all the tiny bagles and muffins looked quite stale.... I didn't try them. I went to the Walmart Grocery Store - one block away and bought my favorite milk and cereal brand and ate it in the room.

3. I took my son swimming once to the heated pool, but it was too cold to stay in for more than a few minutes.

Port Henry was about a 20 minute drive from the hotel. Lake George Village, Pirates Cove Adventure Golf, and Six Flags Amusement Park were about a 55 minute drive away.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Brygida_2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brooklyn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2009

I just returned from an extended weekend at the Best Western Ticonderoga Inn & Suites. The place is beautiful and clean. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The food was delicious with large portions and priced reasonably.

Be forewarned, however. They rent their pool for children's parties and during that time (3 hours each), guests are not permitted to use the pool. There was one party on Saturday but on Sunday there were two. We were extremely disappointed since we picked the place because of the pool.

If going in the pool isn't your thing, then this is the place for you but if you want to spend time in the pool then it's best to ask when you make reservations if the pool is going to be booked during your stay. I made my reservations directly with the hotel but I was not warned about the pool parties they had booked. Make sure you ask.

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank grantgal
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2009

Several weeks back I was set to have a work training session over a weekend near Ticonderoga. Im a frequent business traveler; this hotels wireless in room internet was fast and easy, I picked up a hamburger at the hotel restaurant to eat in my room while I worked, got to relax for a while watching the flat screen TV in the room,, relaxed my back in the hot tub. This hotel has the modern clean style, business traveler amenities ,I expect when I stay at a newly built / renovated Best Western or Hilton Garden type hotel. Read the other reviews, the hotel is TOPS and clean. I have something else to say THAT YOU MUST READ. Saturday mid-day I got a call from my mother, I had a family emergency I had to leave the hotel with short notice in the middle of the day. I told the desk clerk what happened, I figured of course they would charge me for the night.
Several Days later Peter Ward, the hotels OWNER, called me asked how things worked out with my family and told me he was not charging me for the day I left.
Read the other reviews on this hotel, its clean, modern, the staff is nice, BUT for a the hotels owner to call me and ask how my family was during a family emergency and not charge me... Well this literally brought me to tears.
The folks who own and work at this hotel are GOOD PEOPLE, GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS!

Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank RexHar
Wirral UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2008

We stayed for 3 nights in Oct'

The room, a good size with 2 double beds. The bathroom modern and clean, with plenty of fresh linen.
The very good rate included breakfast,self serve with all you want. The restaurant had a limited menu, but again, very good value for money. Suggest you don't dress up for dinner,very casual.

The desk staff without exception were always helpful and pleasant. Would certainly use again.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

After staying at The Super 8 (I have another word for it) and the Stone House, and the Circle..something, we were ecstatic at finding this jewel. Our daughter and family live in this area and as long as they are there, we will be visiting.

The breakfast was as good as the one at the Marriott Residence inns where we have stayed. The swimming pool was great (according to our granddaughter). We watched her enjoy it for over an hour on two separate occasions.

The sole computer in the reception area was excellent and FAST!

We WILL be back

Gretchen SC

• Liked — clean, excellent staff, good breakfast, pool, computer
  • Disliked — probably location, tho we were so happy to find a great place to stay in this area, that we have no complaints!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2008

We spent 3 nights at this conveniently located motel, allowing us to makes several trips to the Revolutionary War sites in the area. We ate all breakfasts and dinners in the Burgoyne Grill. The food was very good and well priced. The motel staff was helpful and courteous, and the room was spotless. Our only complaint was that there should be brighter lamps in the room for reading.

• Liked — Cleanliness, eating breakfast on the patio, nearness to Rev War sites
  • Disliked — Loud ice machines (we were across the hall), dim lamps, no comfortable chairs in the room
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2008

I wasn't an overnight guest at this hotel but I experienced above and beyond great customer service from the front desk. My sister and I were completely lost in Ticonderoga. It was 8pm and we missed the ferry. Our GPS kept telling us to take that ferry. We were both scared and nervous since the roads at night are pitch dark and we are both very unfamilar with the area. When we saw the Best Western sign we ran in hoping to find someone that could help us. We found a wonderfully helpful young woman who not only gave us great directions but printed them off mapquest for us. She was so nice and we were soon on our way home to MA. The hotel looked very nice, the pub area was crowded and the bathroom was clean. If I am ever in the area, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Fxylady21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ticonderoga
Courtyard Middlebury
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,510 reviews
Greystone Motel
Greystone Motel
#3 of 3 in Middlebury

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ticonderoga Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!