“grammy comfort” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ticonderoga
Burlington
“grammy comfort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My first stay at a Super 8 was a pleasant surprise. It was totally clean, comfortable, and adequate for a comfortable and very affordable night's stay.
The staff was exceptionally friendly, and the hot, fresh coffee was always available. I will definitely add Super 8 to my list of favorite motels.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Berlin, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in July. The rooms were very neat and clean, no trash on the grounds or in the hotel, and the employees were very friendly and helpful. Amber (the manager) went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. There are electrical hook-ups for your boat should you be coming to fish as we did.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Aachen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Small motel, fine and clean rooms, complimentary breakfast. Close to McDonald's and Walmart. Easy access to Fort Ticonderoga and the car ferry to Vermont. Smallish complimentary breakfast. TV remote did not work, but the WiFi was great. I'd stay there again anytime.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
East Meadow, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this motel during the July 4th weekend. We didn't know what to expect for the price. We were pleasantly surprised. We stayed on the second floor in a renovated room. It's not a 4 star place but our room was clean ( except for the stained desk chair ). The bed was extremely comfortable and the towels were a little thin and rough bit they did their job. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was limited. Its not extravagant but for the price of the stay it was fine. I would definitely go back again and recommend this motel to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shenandoah, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Not the cleanest of the accomodations and tvs were outdated with no control remote. Room hasn't been dusted in a while and even though we were told it was not smoking, the room reeked of cigarettes smoke. The blanket was filthy and stained, but the refrigerator worked and the bathroom was nice, towels were stiff, they could use more softener.
We were tired of driving for 10 hrs and this was an ok price.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ticonderoga hotels

Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is very close to Fort Ticonderoga, which is what I was looking for. An adjacent Wal-Mart and McDonalds were "pluses" for me.

The woman at the front desk (Connie) was very cheerful and willing to explain directions to me until I "got them." Connie is a life-saver for someone new to the area. She spent a lot of time making sure I could get what I needed.

One wall of the room had a rustic look with light pine paneling. And the table/desk were of the same wood - covered with a piece of glass. There were 2 desk-type chairs in the room as well. Everything I used worked well.

The room was both clean and comfortable (although it smelled a bit musty when I first walked in).

The fridge made some interesting noises once in awhile, but I did not ask for a change. When I got up in the morning, I noticed a few holes in the curtains, but I was on the second floor and there was a field outside the window. Again, nothing I would worry about.

I changed my reservation TWICE -- and it was no problem. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dianeholiday50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ticonderoga
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ticonderoga Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Middlebury
Tumble Inn
Tumble Inn
#4 of 7 in Schroon Lake

Been to Super 8 Ticonderoga? Share your experiences!