US$77
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$81
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Burton A38 Northbound(Barton-under-Needwood)(Great Value!)
The Grail Court Hotel(Burton upon Trent)
US$78
US$66
Travelodge Burton Upon Trent Central Hotel(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$52
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$72
US$57
Travelodge Burton A38 Southbound(Burton upon Trent)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$117
US$81
PremierInn.com
All reviewsthe riverlovely locationevening buffetoutside areasuperior roomfull englishwedding partybridal suiteold english innsfood was lovelycooked breakfastwould stay againwedding breakfastshort breakwedding receptioncourse mealsalmon
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just got back from a couple of days away on business in Burton, and stayed at the Riverside and although I had booked in for myself and my dog (who there would have been no extra charge for) £45.00 per night including breakfast for me, but unfortunately she was unable to come with me on this trip, perhaps another time as she would have enjoyed it as much as me. To start with I must say I am grateful for my sat-nav without it I'm not sure I would have found the hotel as it is situated at the end of a residential road. On first appearance the hotel shows the need of external decoration especially around the external lights on the building and windows, when you enter the reception area the comfort of the place comes through and the reception staff were more than welcoming. My room was on the ground floor which would have been very convenient if my dog had accompanied me. The room was a little on the small side but seeing it was only an overnight stay it was no problem the bathroom on the other hand I am grateful that I was not a little bigger as the loo would have been much more of a problem wedged between the bath and the wall. On the food side there was a plentiful menu that would quite comfortably suit most peoples requirements and drinks to match, with the most helpful staff you could have ever needed. Breakfast was included with yet another fine array to choose from and excellent serving staff. So in summing up for what it was, I would definitely like to re-visit with my dog and perhaps a friend in the future. Well done Andrew and your team, keep up the good work, but its now time to get the paint brushes out before the spring and summer start.

Room Tip: Try and stay on the ground floor if you have a dog with you, specially faceing the river
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AlYerPal
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know about your experience, my team and I do enjoy reading our customers reviews, as we believe this is the best way to look after our future guests. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so very much and we look forward to welcoming you back with your pooch next time.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Excellent value for a weekend break.Very welcoming staff, breakfast menu was varied but unfortunately not everything was available.Croissants were on the menu but both days there weren't any.Other danish pastries were available but these were not of the best quality. The room was spotlessly clean but a little on the small side.The pillows were not very soft adding to a poor nights sleep.We were located on the ground floor and were woke a few times by a noisy plant room/boiler room.The bathroom was facing the carpark and we were dismayed to find no blind or curtain to the frosted window!We had to pull the shower curtain around the bath to try to shield ourselves when using the bath. Not good!!We did not eat in the restaurant as we wanted to sample some restaurants nearby.Waiting on staff at breakfast were very helpful,friendly and efficient.Room not as good as a Premier Inn but overall a nice weekend break on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andrea B
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how we did. I'm so pleased to hear that you found my team to be helpful, friendly & efficient and that you enjoyed our varied breakfast menu. We've never had any comments about not having a blind to cover the frosted glass in the bathroom, but I will make a note of this and I'm pleased to hear that you found us to be good value.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here on an offer in the Daily Mail.Part of thr Old English Inns. Couldn't believe the price for B&B. The food is varied and suits all budgets. 2 mains for £9.99 were good although more up market dishes are available. Good draft ales. Very acceptable breakfast. Dogs are welcome as are dirty boots. Staff are very friendly Lovely walks on the Trent river bank which is just at the end of the garden. Rooms are adequate with a double bed. The door to the bedroom block is somewhat noisy as it has a very strong automatic closure which reverberates all round the block. We were in a room at the end which was very near the boiler which is also noisy. The rooms were also very hot so we had to leave the window open consequently we heard the boiler all night. Having said all that we will definately return if we can get another offer sometime

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Margaret T

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to reveiw our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found my team to be very friendly. We are very fortunate to have such an idealic position right on the rivers edge, thus allowing our guests to enjoy the walks. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had two nights here along with other friends as a getting together from various parts of England, Burton was central for all of us and had good access from,M! and M^ This hotel is in a quiet spot and is well located on a pleasant stretch of river. The rooms, although tight for space, were clean and had all facilities. The breakfasts were good and all the staff from reception, handyman, waitress and barman as well as the Manager were all friendly. We were there on a special Old English offer which was really good value and if we need to have accommodation in that general area we will go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WAG1940
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for choosing The Riverside for your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found my team and I to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Eight of us (four couples) made the trip for Valentines weekend. We were met by a charming lady who dealt with our arrival efficiently. The bar/lounge/dining area was pleasant and comfortable and we enjoyed afternoon tea. Then we went to our rooms......well, to say it was small would be an understatement, compact would be a generous description. There was only one bedside table for the double bed. I was surprised at what an inconvenience this proved. Nothing to put glasses, watch, clock and hot drinks on was so irritating. No case-rack meant immediate 'untidy' room. The bathroom was designed the same way. The toilet was literally jammed between bath and wall. I imagine a large person would have great difficulty using it. The shower, despite our best efforts, leaked water all over the floor.
We ate in the restaurant and the set meal, though limited, was good value and well cooked with good service. The next day breakfast was fine and we also ate in the restaurant again that evening. The menu was fine and the only complaint I had was the steak had lines of gristle running through it. Nobody else had a complaint. Overall food was OK. To sum up, we probably would stay again but not for too long.

Room Tip: I would simply say don't take too much luggage with you as hanging space is limited and space is at a premium
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phil P

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and for spending Valentines with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you may come back to stay with us again. We do have a superior room, which is a lovely large room with a free standing bath and spectacular views over the river.