“Excellent location and environment for relaxing stay”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Branston
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We took advantage of a complimentary night following a less than satisfactory experience at another Old English Inn. This made up for that! All the staff were excellent, attentive and polite and smartly dressed (not always so in these days of dumming down!). We enjoyed Room 24, which had a view of the river and was spacious with a luxury bathroom. Despite a busier than expected dining room due to the hot weather the staff coped admirably and our meals were served in a timely manner. Well recommended.

Room Tip: If you go the extra, book room 24.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Malcolm S
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I love to read our guests comments so we really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. I'm so pleased to hear that you found my team to be excellent, attentive and polite, and yes, I agree, people should always be smartly dressed when at work. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Arrived on Friday and we were quickly checked in by a knowledgeable and friendly receptionist who left the desk to show us around.
The room was clean and comfortable although a little on the small side. Only four hangers in the wardrobe!
All meals well cooked and presented and swiftly served although there appeared to be a shortage of staff behind the bar on Sunday night. The Chef appeared and soon sorted everything out!
The grounds and gardens are so beautiful and there are wonderful walks along the river right from the door.

1  Thank TravellerwithSharPei
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to let us know about your visit, my team do love to read the reviews that we get. I'm so very pleased to hear that you found my team to be friendly and efficient and that you enjoyed your meals with us. My gardener will be planting our summer flowers in the next few weeks, so you'll have to come back later in the summer to see our gardens looking even more beautiful. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights due to me needing to be at nearby St Georges Park.
Upon arrival I found staff to be very friendly and helpful and I was quickly checked in. Entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room and what it had to offer (plenty of tea & coffee, complimentary toiletries and sky tv). I also have a great view from my room overlooking the river. I eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel and was pleased with the selection which was reasonably priced.

The following morning I went downstairs for breakfast but was disappointed with the quality of the scrambled eggs on toast I ordered as the eggs yeah hard and seemed to have been sat around for a while.

Overall, the hotel is very good, the only issues being the breakfast (although the following day I had the full english and it was excellent) and a few minor maintenance issues (peeling wall paper around the light and a loose pipe in the bathroom).

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the river
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Josh_Ruth
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Riverside and for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you found my team to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will have a word with the chef regarding your scrambled eggs, perhaps he overcooked them a bit, as as you mentioned your breakfast the next morning was excellent. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit St Georges Park.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed at the Riverside hotel in mid April as we were visiting both Alton Towers and Drayton Manor Theme parks and the hotel was ideally situated for both. The hotel itself had a fabulous position on the river, great food, well presented and excellent value for money. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the staff very friendly. Again very good value.
Don't rely on Sat-Nav. It will take you down the wrong road! There is a sign for the hotel on the main road, and use your map!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found my team to be friendly and our food to be great and excellent value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, perhaps in the summer, when you can really take advantage our our fabulous position.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My room was very small, which is not a huge deal but the bathroom was tiny! The shower was pretty grotty and it was not nice at all.
Service to get towels which were not left in my room took over 40 minutes!
Breakfast was nice however, the restaurant overlooks the river which is lovely at sunrise.
Rooms need a serious revamp, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you found our rooms to compact and that you would not stay with us again. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found our location to be lovely.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed 5 nights from 8th until 13 April, very comfortable bed, plenty of hot water, excellent shower, 5* breakfast served by Natalie and Chrissie. We ate in the restaurant for an evening meal which was excellent with a good choice of menu. With the economic climate it is very difficult to afford to do up hotels with a small budget and this is the only place this hotel falls down upon but this is not a negative in any way because the overall ambience of this hotel far outweighs the repainting which needs doing. On the Saturday a Wedding was taking place and as all the rooms are in a separate complex, the bedrooms were not affected by noise so it is versatile for any function. As we have family in Derby we will certainly stay there again. Nigel and Tricia Griffin North Devon

1  Thank Tricia G

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our food to be excellent and my team to be lovely. We look forward to seeing you again, perhaps this summer?

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Accommodation is a classic two-storey block separate from the main building. The rooms are small but spotlessly clean and are exceptionally good value for money. If you can get one on the first floor on the river side then the views over the River Trent are absolutely stunning.

The main building, by contrast is full of character with good bar and eating areas, inside and out with the outside area overlooking and having access to the Trent. Both dinner and breakfast were extremely good and again represented quite exceptional value for money. We finished up having dinner, bed and breakfast for two, morning paper and two excellent cappuccino coffees and getting a penny change out of £50

All this said, the really outstanding thing about this hotel is the staff who are, beyond doubt, the best team I have come across in an establishment of this kind - or indeed in establishments where the bill would have been four times as much. The manager, Andrew, the bar and restaurant staff, breakfast staff, chamber maids and the guy I met early morning shifting cigarette butts off the grass all had a superb attitude. Thanks and congratulations

2  Thank MDavidCrompton

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let everyone know just how good we are!! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at The riverside and found Andrew and his team to be the best team you have encountered. I'm sure you'll be returning to The Riverside soon, and we look forward to hosting you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Branston
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-...
#4 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
Premier Inn Burton On Trent Central Hotel
Premier Inn Burton On Trent Cent...
#3 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
#8 of 11 in Burton upon Trent
The Grail Court Hotel
The Grail Court Hotel
#11 of 11 in Burton upon Trent

Been to Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!