“Decent Stay”

Budget Inn
Budget Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed 1 night this past weekend and it was a decent stay. The room was clean, new carpeting and bedding. Nice flat screen tv. Decent size room. The bathroom was in need of a facelift (very old) but it served it's purpose. Very quiet area made for a restful sleep. The only negatives would be - no smoke alarm and the safety chain on the door wasn't long enough to latch to the door.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank its5oclocksomewhere

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have NEVER in our lives stayed at such a disgusting, vile, filthy motel. I can't believe the department of health has not shut them down. I can not say one positive thing about this motel. The staff were rude, the television did not work. The heat did not work. I could not believe how awful it was. They would not refund our money but we left anyway. It was worth $55.00 to NOT stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroline l
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I booked this hotel based on other reviews which were ok..my daughter & i were going to a concert in buffalo and needed to stay overnight..the room was dark, had no smoke detector (which i mentioned to the owner.she just shrugged and smiled), the vent in the bathroom was broken and laying on the floor w/ all the surrounding dirt..spider web in the shower..the door looked as though it had been bashed in a few times..the towels were the thinnest, roughest towels i have ever seen..absolutely no amenities..no shampoo, hairdryer, etc..on the plus side..the sheets smelled like they had been washed in bleach..threw everything else on the floor, (blankets w/ cigarette holes in them)..we couldn't wait to leave..i would recommend spending an extra $20 and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was travelling with 4 adults and 1 kid (<2 yrs) on a Friday night enroute to Niagara falls, we decided to stay close to the falls so that we can wake up late on Saturday morning and spend the rest of the day. I don't have reservation and ended up seeing no vacancy at most of the hotels (from hotels in Buffalo downtown to Inns in Tonawanda and other neighboring places). Luckily stopped at this location and found 1 non smoking room available. Person at the front desk is helpful even at the odd hours (I reached there by 11.45 PM) and was kind enough to show the room for my decision. It is clean and has a small fridge and microwave too. There is no breakfast, but the Location is safe and close to some breakfast places.

One negative though is the blanket has cigarette marks, that is probably due to them getting switched between the rooms, but I didn't care as it is Summer left them on the floor.

Will visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Room was clean
No problem with the air conditioning
we booked last minute so we weren't too picky on the price and location.
The only thing i didn't like was my drunk neighbor coming in @ night trying to open my door thinking its his...cant blame the hotel for that but yeah...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Qishawi
Reviewed 10 December 2012

This is a right place to stay if u have planning to shoping for a couple of nights! Room was extra
clean and there is small fridge and microwave in the room,lots of shopping mall close by!
We felt safe here, we would stay there again,and canadian border and niagara falls is only 10 minutes.

Room Tip: all rooms are ground floors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pratham01222003
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed here over a holiday weekend and the rate was expensive, but considering the place was out of vacant rooms soon after and other places in the city were just as expensive or worse, I ponied up the $150.

I thought I'd be getting a dingy road-side motel I wouldn't even want to pay $50 for (I had stayed at a place like this in Buffalo before, with ants in it too...) . Turns out it's actually quite clean and comfortable. As the name suggest, you're not getting any luxuries here. A bar of soap/shampoo is about all the amenities you get, but there is also a mini fridge, microwave and old TV. The bed was comfortable and I slept through the night. The AC was cold enough without being too TOO noisy

Location wise, this place is good. 15-20 min drive to Walden Galleria. Minutes to lots of places to eat at (Ended up eating at the Taj Grill and Sophia's Restaurant, both places with excellent reviews and just a short drive away.) Places like Target, 7-11 aren't too far away.

The only personal qualms I had were with the door keys, you have to move it "just right" so that it'd open. I was surprised the vending didn't sell water either, as the family next door needed it and had to go to the gas station to purchase some.

Anyway, it looks like the "typical" rate for this place is closer to $50-60, so at that price, I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank stardustcross
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonawanda
CenterWay Hotel
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#13 of 17 in Amherst
Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Amherst

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!