“Very good for the price”
Review of CenterWay Hotel

CenterWay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I wanted to take my family to experience the Falls and I was looking for a place to stay and it happened that this was the only one in the area that had vacancy. I was a little worried about the place and I was wondering why it was the only one with vacancy. The room is tiny, tv is on top of the dresser, I don't understand why they don't mount it on the wall, but for the price it was very good. We only used the room to sleep since most of the day we were out. Breakfast was ok, if you like bagels and cereal, free coffee 24 hrs was a plus for my wife. Room was clean, staff was friendly. I will stay there again. Take advantage of that 15% off for dinner at the Texas Road House, good food and portions the size of Texas.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank FamTraveler10469

Reviewed 26 June 2011

If you are looking for a room to simply sleep in while you sight see around the falls, this is the place. Room was clean, bed was comfortable.( Night staff is more friendly and helpful than the day staff.) Free breakfast is bare bones minimum; bagels, cereal, juice, and coffee.
Book on-line for the best price..they will quote you $89.95 at the hotel, you can find $60 on line, which is all you should pay for these rooms since the hotel has no ammenities and the taxes in NY are quite high. Get a list/direction sheet from desk clerk for area restaurants, they are tucked away on back streets that you won't be able to find!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Good price for long weekend. Room is compact but clean and tidy. Free coffee avail 24 hours down hall and extensive vending machines. Free basic breakfast incl in price.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 14 November 2010

The Night Staff did not want us to stay there and took ages to check us in, only when we insisted. Rooms were average and had only the basic ameneties. The morning staff was more efficient. Breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2010

My wife and I spent a few days over the long weekend in Buffalo. We were only able to get the Millenium for the first night (which worked out better since they put us on the first floor with the mold) and spent our second night at the Microtel. We were worried but pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the bed was firm and our stay was inexpensive and enjoyable. We had a good night sleep. Its no frills but they include free internet, and free long distance to Canada. We had a room near the stairs (no elevator) and we could here the door shut which was a little annoying. When we first walked in I felt a little like I was in a dorm room. Its pretty small. The t.v. was pretty old but a decent size. It was located up on the wall which made watching straining on the neck. However, having said all that, for the price, it was pretty good. I was worried with only one star, that it would be a hole but it wasn't. I'd put it on par with a red-roof. The front desk people were very friendly and we had no issues checking in (even though we used priceline to make the reservation).
If we needed somewhere affordable to spend a night, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2010

After having some initial issues with the accommodation, and some less than helpful interactions with night staff, the daytime management was extremely helpful and made the rest of my stay much more pleasant. Had very comfy beds and nice linens. Our housekeeper was very, very nice as well.. Janel maybe?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My husband, my 15 month old baby and my mother in law were looking for a descent/affordable place to stay for the civic holiday long weeken. I alway noticed the sign of Microtel driving by the highway, advertising for low rates. We did proceed with caution and got the rates that we thought was acceptable for the long weekend at 89$ for the Saturday night and less than 70$USD for the Sunday night. Worrying that we would not be able to find another place before my baby lost it, we decided to try it out. We asked for AAA/CAA discount and the receptionist(a woman) at the desk told us there was NO DISCOUNT for CAA/AAA member. The next morning, I overhead another guest checking out asked if the AAA discount was calculated on the bill already, and a different receptionist(a man) told assured him that it was calculated on the bill. When we checked out the Monday morning, we asked them again and they again did not offer us any CAA discount. Not only did they not offered us the discount, on the bill, it showed both night was 89$ rather <70$ for the 2nd night. We were very upset. Furthermore, my mother in-law was a senior citizen(over 80 year old) staying in another room, she was not offered the SENIOR DISCOUNT(while I heard the other gentleman checking out got a senior discount or so he was told)!

The receptionist did in the end take our tel. no. and call us back after I complained. She admitted that it was a computer mistake that caused the bill to show some AUTO charge of 89$ for both nights. She told us we would be credited on the credit card. We will have to see. We are certainly going to dispute the charge on our card unless we are credited!

The hotel stay is fine overall, no fridge was a problem for my baby without cold milk but they do have milk, juice and coffee for breakfast. (make sure you show up before 9:29am for breakfast or no breakfast for you)

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank hwzzy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonawanda
Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls - Grand Island
Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst
Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Amherst
Candlewood Suites Hotel Buffalo / Amherst
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#13 of 17 in Amherst
Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center

Been to CenterWay Hotel? Share your experiences!