“The Filthiest Hotel on the Planet”

Red Carpet Inn Tonawanda
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Tonawanda
Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel is now a Days Inn (no longer a Red Carpet Inn). I had the great misfortune of staying at this hotel when I was unable to find any other hotel within a 20-mile radius because of numerous activities at UBuffalo. When I arrived with my daughter at 10:30 at night, I flipped on the light switch in the bathroom to see centipedes scurrying into the crumbled and rotting baseboard. There were holes in the walls and the night stand looked as though it had been taken from a dumpster. There was mold in the grout of the shower and the ceiling tiles were falling down. It was repulsive. If it hadn't been the only room available anywhere, I would have left. I had just driven 5 hours and was exhausted. I paid $159.00 for this room and when I contacted the corporate office that night I was informed that it was a franchisee and that they could not help me nor could they refund my money. I will never stay in another Days Inn again. Ever.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzi M

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The first 2 days of the stay was actually ok. On the third day, a friend left and gave me her key. I told management I'd like to use the room, which she had rented for a week, for my daughter. The woman at the desk flipped out screaming, and after trying for a moment to convince her, I gave up. 30 minutes later I was out by my car in front of the room, and her husband came out to confront me. He actually stalked me around the car as if he meant to come to blows, but I kept the car between us till he finally left. Then he sent a rather buff fellow in a pickup to threaten me... Needless to say for the next 5 days I didn't feel too comfortable or safe, spent most of the time with the door locked. Be prepared for housekeeping to wake you up every morning at 10, yelling "housekeeping!!" and pounding on your door with their fist. If you stay for more than a night, don't expect the room to be cleaned -- even when I asked it didn't happen.

Room Tip: Usually I take reviews with a grain of salt, heed these and amplify them.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard_travelphoto
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Red carpet Inn at Tonawanda is a substandard hotel. This hotel had no working appliance, the carpet was wet, smelled badly and the rooms ( stayed in 3 rooms. room #207, 209 & 205) were very dusty. My family and I were sick just for spending one night at this hotel.
Finally, the manager was very confrontational and rude to the hotel guests. The bottom line was the manager lacked the skills for running a successful business. The manager at two different occasions told guests to "go somewhere" when the guest complaint about the condition in the rooms they were staying.
Please don't stay at this hotel if you are in Buffalo or Tonawanda.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Me and my daughter stayed there for a couple of weeks. It looks clean but its not!! Tons of bed bugs i had to take kid to doctor and they tried to say she got it from school instead of their room. Very rude couple that own the place. There is plenty of places to stay in that area for similar cost. I dont think they change the sheets that often. I couldnt believe he actually had nerve to say it was us versus his hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

First I called to make reservations a woman tells me she was sleeping call back in the morning and hangs up that should have been a sign but I chose to stay there anyway the room had a horriable stench the last persons hair was all over the place the towels were dirty I called "room service" and asked for new ones and was told this isn't a hotel you need to come get them I walked to front desk and was told I needed to bring the towels to exchange them long story short I will NEVER stay there again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Worst place I have ever stayed!!!!! Don't let the newly painted exterior fool you......just keep
on driving right by!!!! Honestly, better to sleep in your car. Carpet filthy and damp under heater. Blanket on bed had cigarette burn in 'non-smoking room' that smelled of smoke. My pjs smelled of smoke and curry when I got home. (I usually love curry by the way!!) Owners were rude, girl in office never made eye contact, could care less what you were saying. Paint peeling off walls, rooms haven't been renovated EVER!! My niece. who just came back from sleeping in hostels in Europe, wouldn't take a shower in this room, and said she had never see anything as bad. Room was ground level but the window wouldn't lock....anyone could have climbed into the room, and it's a seedy neighbourhood!!! The price is really high for what you get.....disgusting filth and pathetic service!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2012

OMG worst place ever @ over 100.00 a night i thought i would be good but instead ive been in my van for the last 5 hours cant wait till sunrise

Room Tip: OMG worst place ever @ over 100.00 a night i thought i would be good but instead ive been in my van...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Micheal Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tonawanda
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst
Days Inn Tonawanda/buffalo
Days Inn Tonawanda/buffalo
#4 of 13 in Tonawanda

Been to Red Carpet Inn Tonawanda? Share your experiences!