“6:30pm”

Swiston's Beef & Keg
Ranked #57 of 121 Restaurants in Tonawanda
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

Been going here for many years, first as a resident of the area and, now, as an occasional visitor from out of state. If you are looking for the quintessential local bar that serves iconic beef on weck along with a wide assortment of brews, this is the place! Virtually nothing has changed with time (except for prices) which means you will enjoy incredibly tender roast beef on crusty kimmelweck rolls which I still regard as the best in greater Buffalo. Do not expect any fancy trappings, just friendly service and honest, satisfying food and drink!

1  Thank Gary M

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

ATTENTION WESTERN NEW YORKERS!!!!!!.... SWISTONS NOW HAS A DEEP FRYER!!!!! AND SERVES WINGS , THAT ARE GREAT! And Fries! How can this be? I am a lover of SWISTONS . Not happy they dropped fosters off the tap. Big loss! But to see they evolved beyond beef chili and popcorn is huge! Everything was great and we got everything! Only thing I was not impressed by was the loganberry wings. Different but not for me. Thank you SWISTONS for expanding your menu now drop some of those crappy beers and bring back our Fosters !

Reviewed 28 April 2016

The food was very good (roast beef and poutine) but it took a while for the bartender to acknowledge that there were 4 new customers at the bar. She was not that busy that she couldn't atleast look in our direction and acknowledge the fact that we were there. It was like she was trying to avoid eye contact.

1  Thank AnnMarie K
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Been hearing about how great the Beef on Wick is since I moved to western NY six years ago. Well, I could have waited another six years before going there. The beef was over cooked and the wick was soggy. I hear it used to be better. Might be time to update the interior and improve the menu.

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Kind of a dive bar, but the roast beef is still awesome. The only other thing they serve food-wise is nachos ....