“Great Surprise”

Hilton Garden Inn Troy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This hotel experience was a great surprise. I booked three rooms for myself and son's and were there for three days. Courteous staff, clean rooms, safe parking, pool and fitness. Restaurant (sports bar) was always busy. The menu depicts this region and venue, nothing more, but that's okay for a trip with some young sportsbuffs ;-) Location, close to airport, the outdoors(Long Pond, recommended hike) shopping in Albany & Saratoga.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We had a quick stay over here and it was very nice. Room was well appointed and clean. Beds were hard. We didn't use any of the restaurants or amenities due to the quick trip we were there for. Good location in Troy.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I always visit this hotel when traveling to the Albany area on business. It is only about 20 minutes from the Albany airport and they have a complimentary shuttle. The service is wonderful and there is a great business center with computers, printers, phones, etc. --all very conveniently placed in the hotel lobby. Staff is professional and helpful. There is breakfast available and a sports bar restaurant on site. The food is good and menu varied.
I have never had a negative experience here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Quite unexpectedy, following an emergency room visit because of a highway accident, I recently stayed at this hotel in Troy, NY. I chose it because it was close to the hospital. From start to finish, everyone I encountered here was unfailingly kind and helpful. The reception clerk offered to send the security guy to pick me up. The security guy, aware of my injuries, was careful to avoid potholes along the way. There were some food items available for purchase at the front desk, and the clerk booked a quiet room for me. The room was comfortable and clean, and the AM breakfast spread was excellent and not ridiculously overpriced. Kudos to all the staff, who helped to make my stay very pleasant under very trying circumstances.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2011

If you are in Troy, this is the place to stay. It is no contest. At the edge of RPI campus nearest to East Campus Athletic Village.

Stayed here while spending a couple of days at the track in Saratoga. Saved $70/night relative to comparable properties in/around Saratoga (or, probably Albany). No regrets, whatsoever. I believe this hotel is about 2 years old. It looks even newer than that. Spacious, clean room. "Sleep number" bed. Nice common areas. Reasonably priced breakfast. Sports Bar on premises is just okay. Friendly, helpful staff, but could do a better job of answering "guest services" line Free parking. Easy access to I87/I787 close to I90. 5-10 minutes from Albany, 25 minutes from Saratoga Springs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This hotel is 2 minutes from the RPI campus, so it's our top pick for moving in and out days. How lucky that it's also a very nice hotel! The beds are so cushy I never want to leave. Staff has always been welcoming and friendly. I definitely recommend this hotel for RPI visitors or travelers along 87.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Arriving at the hotel I was impressed by the lower lobby and general decor of this Hilton Garden Inn. I took the elevator to registration lobby where I stood in line behind three other people. There was one person registering guests and two other employees staring at computers. In an industry with so many choices I could not believe that not only were these other two folks doing "whatever", but didn't even take the time to acknowledge people in line; which might have made me feel better. (Yes, I travel a lot. I don't mind waiting; but it doesn't take much to make people feel welcome while they wait) Finally one of the other two decided it was time to help when what seemed like an eternity later the other employee was still trying to make that 1st guest informed and happy.

When it was my turn I was treated like the most important person there. Nice job training and hiring your people, Hilton! Later that night I asked for dining and entertainment suggestions and the staff could not offer enough ideas - and they didn't feel obligated to send me to the hotel restaurant,

Rooms were spacious and in room amenities; but the seating chair and ottoman being right in front of the A/C unit did not provide for a comfortable experience.Free chocolate chip cookies at check-in - WOO-HOO!!!

Great location and don't miss the Troy Farmer's Market if you'e there on a Saturday morning.

Room Tip: I used Hotwire