“safety”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Troy
troy, United States
“safety”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

this hotel is in a nasty neighborhood so leave nothing in your car or outside that you value. Also the management has a callous disregard to any loss that you might incur. I had a expensive mountain bike stolen there Sat nite after being assured that it was safe to leave the bike LOCKED out the lobby. The manager showed absolutely no sensitivity to my loss. I should add that I was on the first day of a 6 week biking trip.He even had the nerve to imply that my 'my bike was not really stolen' Otherwise it is good hotel but be careful as it is not safe

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

4 Thank John M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a quick business trip with my husband so my 3 kids & I were on our own for part if our stay. Prompt and attentive front desk, the staff at breakfast was completely lovely and helpful. It's hard being in a largely business type atmosphere with a busy & loud 17 month old but they couldn't have been more sweet & accommodating. The wait people were sweethearts and the woman behind the eggs & bacon came out to help me plate food for the kiddos. The manager was especially endearing, teaching my son how to yo-yo out of the treasure chest at breakfast. He also went out of his way to give them all cookies when we were getting ready to check out & was just the nicest man. The hotel itself was very nice & clean, the pool was spotless and fun for the kids. But the staff takes the cake. Thank you all so much. Great stay.

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here with my son when we completed a college tour at RPI. The staff will make the entire family feel very welcome. Our visit to RPI was terrific in every way, starting with the great staff at this hotel. Thank you!

1 Thank Terri D
Thetford, Vermont
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed several times at this hotel while traveling; it has an incredibly convenient location, at least for my purposes on the way to the thruway. Upon first visit, I was a little confused as the front desk is on the second floor, but it was easy enough to figure out. The hotel is beautifully decorated and well maintained. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. I appreciate the safety feature of only being able to access hotel room floors via room keycard. I have always enjoyed my stay and will certainly continue staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank badbcatha
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel while my son was attending an event at RPI. The hotel staff were friendly and did not hesitate to answer any question or fulfill any request that I had---they were fantastic. Breakfast consisted of hot and cold selections that were absolutely fine, and the price (I believe it was around $11) was very reasonable. My son and I had dinner at the in-house restaurant on our first night and then at Brown's Microbrewery (a 5 minute drive from the hotel and overlooking the Hudson river in Troy), and we both much preferred the latter for food quality, atmosphere and their beer.
The hotel itself is spotless and the rooms are large and well maintained. The exercise room is small but clean, and the equipment was in good shape.
The hotel is easily accessible from the highway, and I had no problem walking to RPI (15 minutes).
Overall, it is a 4 star quality experience for a 3 star price: well worth it if you need to be in Troy.

1 Thank no1MD
Oceanside, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is conviently located near the major highways and makes gettign around so easy! The area has alot to offer and there was never a moment that the hotel staff did not go above and beyond to help me or my family memebers! YOU WON"T go wrong with this hotel!

Boston MA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great front desk personnel - very helpful and upbeat! Reception area on second floor - a bit awkward on entering. Rooms large, comfortable and clean. Must drive to everything - location poor. Didn't partake of breakfast but it is offered for a price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Best Western Plus Franklin Square Inn Troy/Albany
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center
The Century House, an Ascend Collection Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Latham Albany Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albany

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Troy? Share your experiences!