“Finally Gave it a Try”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

After passing by this restaurant for 15 years or so on our way through Troy heading to Vermont and back again on the way home, my wife and I finally stopped and had lunch here at the Plum Blossom. For one reason or another, stopping here was not an option during all of our other trips but we were able make it this time. I always marveled at the ornate wood exterior and wondered if the food that it contained would do the same. Upon entering the restaurant I was even more blown away by the ornate wood interior. It's not the tacky cheap Chinese restaurant decor that my wife and I are used to seeing but a tastefully and richly decorated interior. So the outside looks great and the interior looks incredible but how is the food and service? After all, I would rather eat really good Chinese food in a tacky storefront restaurant with good service than bad Chinese food and bad service in a beautiful restaurant. Well, they didn't disappoint. Our server was an older Caucasian man who had provided excellent service and did it with a great sense of humor. Humor is not always something you get in a Chinese restaurant but then again neither is a Caucasian waiter. We ordered off of the lunch special menu and got the General Tso's Chicken and the Chicken with Eggplant in Garlic Sauce and the Hot and Sour Soup. It was all delicious. The General Tso's Chicken was probably the best preparation of this dish that I have ever had. They used fresh sliced jalapeno pepper to spice up the dish which gave it a slightly different taste not to mention a nice kick. The coating was much lighter than I have had as well but still very crispy. The Chicken with Eggplant in Garlic Sauce was prepared perfectly to our liking. Coated in a richly flavored garlic sauce but not drowning in it. The vegetables were the perfect balance of cooked to crisp. All of the prices were very reasonable even when compared to what we pay for eat in/take out Chinese food in southern Pennsylvania that isn't even as good. The only issue I see now on our yearly trips to Vermont is being able to pass this place by without stopping in for some more delicious Chinese food.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best Chinese in the area. Sometimes the service is slow, but they are extremely considerate and let you know it will be a minute til they get to you. Inside is beautiful!!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

been coming here over 25 years and can't find a better place for the food or nicer people. Whether take out or eat in have never found its equal

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went for lunch with friends and we all enjoyed our meal. The waiter was very attentive especially since of our party was called back to work and he quickly got her lunch to go.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have gone to Plum blossom for years and always get the best Chinese Food there. Their Sesame Chicken is to die for! Also their fried rice, vegetable dishes and shrimp dishes are delicious. Their service is great and their prices are very god also. I highly recommend this restaurant.