“Gracious, warm and wonderful!”

Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trumansburg
Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 9 Trumansburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I were at the Copper Beacons for 3 nights and we absolutely loved our stay. The location is between both the Seneca and the Cayuga Wine Trails, which made it an ideal spot in between. Also, it's not far from Ithaca to the south and Seneca Falls, Geneva, Skaneateles to the north that offer alternative excursions if you're not interested in the trails. We stayed in the Fitzgerald room that is lovely and spacious. The history of this 200 + year old house is fascinating! We had the entire house to ourselves that weekend, which my husband and I considered fortunate because we had the pleasure of having our gracious hosts, Gerry and Eileen, to ourselves! Wonderful conversations, tasty breakfasts, pleasant surroundings.... a great location all in one. Very tidy inside and out. We definitely will return again. My husband and I agree this is the best BnB ever!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Eileen and Gerry are great hosts. Love the new landscaping upgrades and easier to spot signage! Was perfect for my husband and me and my daughter and her friend as we had the entire 2nd floor to ourselves. We always take advantage of the game room, a good ice breaker even if some of us can't play pool. Eileen and Gerry always have an interesting historic note to tell and went the extra mile to cover all requests. Need to send back the umbrella they lent us for graduation! Top it off with a great breakfast and proximity to the gorgeous Taughhanock Falls and it seems just about perfect.

Room Tip: If you have two couples, book the Fitzgerald and Vine rooms. Then you have the whole 2nd floor wing...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Copper Beacons is a beautiful property. The Fitzgerald room was very spacious and the bed was so very comfortable. Breakfast is made to order and farm fresh with organic ingredients . The hosts are interactive with their guests. A very clean establishment . Worth the price .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Came here with my boyfriend and a group of friends to explore the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. Having been to my fair share of bed and breakfasts, I would definitely say that this ranks as one of the best experiences I've had overall. It reminds me of the New England style bed and breakfasts that I've stayed in on my drive from NYC to Maine. The rooms were well appointed and spacious. The pictures on the website do not do it justice. We stayed in the Suite Woodrift room and it was very clean and had a lovely view of the garden/backyard. Mr. and Mrs. Collins were very warm and friendly, and always had delicious baked goods for us. We had afternoon tea with Mrs. Collins, as she taught us all about the English tradition of high tea. It truly felt like a home away from home and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: The woodrift room is the largest and has a whirlpool tub. The herb garden room is separate and you h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We came here with a group of friends to take advantage of the amazing Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. The food here is delicious, everything is homemade and after breakfast I felt like I didn't need to eat lunch due to the quantity.

The rooms are elegant and clean, the decoration in each room really makes it feel like home. My wife and I were in the "Under the Eaves" room, it rained the evening of our stay and the sound of rain on the roof put us right to sleep.

Eileen and Gerry were great hosts and made sure that all our needs were met and we were happy. We are definitely planning to come back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This B & B is lovely, very clean and the food was delicious. The hosts, Eileen and Gerry are warm, friendly people. I would recommend that you consider this B & B if traveling in the Finger Lakes region.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank NJB312
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My wife and I had a fantastic stay at the Copper Beacons. We definitely echo all of the wonderful write-ups others have shared. Each morning I looked forward to see (and taste) what kind of wonderful muffins/baked goods Eileen would surprise us with. This was just the beginnig though as Gerry's cooking skills also left us anticipating the main course. Anyone can cook bacon and egg omelettes or french toast, but Gerry's are not to be outdone. Simply TASTY!
Both Eileen and Gerry's warm hospitality were top-notch and I really appreciated the time they took to simply chat, share the history of the Copper Beacons property, as well as the history and personal stories behind the furnishings and decor. Such friendly people. We felt very comfortable... as if we've known them for years.
As for location, the Copper Beacons was close enough to everything the area has to offer. We were able to scoot over to Ithaca to spend time with our daughter on the Ithaca College campus; stroll thru the popular farmers market tasting local recipes and buying locally produced fruits and vegetables; and spend time experiencing the many wineries in the area. Of course there's also the beautiful waterfalls, gorges and great outdoors nearby. Just can't say enough great things about the Copper Beacons!!! We would definitiely stay there again....in fact, we plan to.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Been to Copper Beacons Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!