“BBQ all wrong”
Review of 3 Herons Brewing Co. - CLOSED

3 Herons Brewing Co.
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Have been excited to stop by 3 Herons ever since we heard about it. From their FB postings and patrons comments it looked and sounded great. The brisket and ribs were bad, tough, and the smokiness was acrid as if they did not soak the wood before using. A mistake many amateurs make. Even the homemade BBQ sauce was a disappointment. The sides were also under par. No beer available in this "brew pub." We could not finish the food and took it home in a to go box because we wanted to be polite. The owner's dog was a delight, but he was allowed to sit under the tables and actually beg for food! I'm a huge dog lover, but this was unacceptable behavior. On a bright note, the service was friendly, prompt and efficient. The building was well constructed with a nice atmosphere. We REALLY want to see this place succeed, so PLEASE do learn how to properly smoke meat. Your establishment has everything, great location, vibe, friendly folks, but the food has to be the star.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Stopped in for dinner recently and left with so much more! Good BBQ; I had a sample platter with ribs, brisket and pulled pork. Meat was moist and smokey; BBQ sauce served on the side was delicious. Mac & cheese and mashed potatoes were excellent. Hubby had one of the specials - a burrito with choice of BBQ meat filling. Great sauces on the side with that, including a black bean concoction that was probably more of a salsa than a sauce. The other was a super hot habebero sauce. The owner was super friendly, showed us around, explained his vision and made us feel like we can be part of it all if we continue to come back. Look forward to the brew products once licensing comes through. Expect even better things to come from 3 Herons!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We live about two miles away and have seen restaurants come and go. I decided to stop in for carry-out on the way home one evening. As we sat down to eat I looked over at my wife to see her expression. She, as I, thought this was some of the best BBQ we have had in a very long time. We usually have dinner at home but enjoy unique restaurants with good food. On a Friday evening my wife spoke of the BBQ I had brought home before and suggested we try 3 Herons for dinner. This was a great decision. The service was polite and efficient. The BBQ was as good as before. They didn't hide the BBQ in a sauce, as many places do. Sauce was provided if you wanted it, but trust me, use little sauce. The meat speaks for itself. The sides were also very good. As you travel to the area to view the beautiful Fall foliage, you may want to stop in 3 Herons for a good hot meal. Enjoy!

2  Thank madincovert
3HBCo, Owner at 3 Herons Brewing Co., responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write these kind words.

We all work hard to make sure that 3 Herons is a great place to eat. I'm glad you enjoy the BBQ meat on its own merits, we listened to our customers early on in the process and keep the meat "dry."

Of course, I love our sauce and we think that letting people decide on how much to use, if any, is the best way.

-Michael

Reviewed 18 September 2012

We finally had a chance to order carry-out from 3 Herons this past weekend. We had heard so much great buzz about the place and they did not disappoint! I ordered a half rack of ribs with a side of smoked Gouda mac & cheese and fresh red cabbage slaw. My husband ordered beef brisket with salt potatoes and sweet corn. We both loved the meat and the quantity was very generous. The mac & cheese was hands down some of the best that I've ever had, AND it's made with local cheese! There wasn't a lot of dressing on the slaw, but that's not to say that I won't order it again. My husband said that the salt potatoes weren't terribly salty, but that is such a matter of taste. You can always add salt but you can't take it away! We're so pleased to have another restaurant of this caliber in the "neighborhood" and we can't wait to go back!

3  Thank flmillcreek