“Nice enjoyable tasting”

Bellwether Hard Cider and Wine Cellars
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Trumansburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Bellwether Hard Cider and Wine Cellars is located on the west side of Cayuga Lake about 5 miles north of Taughannock State Park. We have a tasting room and gift shop where guests can try our artisanal hard ciders and single vineyard wines-all produced on site. Our gift shop carries mostly locally made products, as well as a selection of wine related items and cookbooks. Visit with our resident cats and dogs while you're here! Amenities include a covered outdoor patio with seating, picnic table, pond, restrooms (handicap accessible), and tours. Groups of 10+ by reservation only.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very nice tasting with Teegan. Good variety of ciders with enough in each sample to get a good idea of how it tasted. We enjoyed our visit and bought a bottle for later. Said to be the best place for cider in the area.

There are newer reviews for Bellwether Hard Cider and Wine Cellars

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'll start by saying the Cider is very good. However, our tasting experience was very disappointing. When we arrived there were several other customers already in the process of tasting. We asked if it was OK to share a tasting (mainly because my husband is more of a cider drinker than me) & the young man behind the counter responded with a friendly "sure, no problem". Apparently it really is a problem because the amount he poured for our tastings was about 1 tsp of cider in the glass! I am NOT exaggerating. I thought this was the norm for this winery until I noticed the amount he was pouring for the other customers was at least a 1/3 of a glass. My husband got enough of a taste to decide he liked the product & did purchase 3 bottles. Don't think we'll go back or recommend it to others. Customer service is too important to us & they didn't treat us very well.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is the second visit we have had at Bellwether. Both times we were very pleased with the tasting and have purchased several bottles to bring home. Anytime we serve their cider at a function we are always asked what it is and where to get it!