“Last minute dinner option”

Little Venice Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Trumansburg
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Last minute dinner option”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Extensive menu, mostly Italian and Continental. Decent tap list. I enjoyed the Lobster Mac-n-Cheese. The wait staff was efficiant and friendly.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Daniel P

Trumansburg
“Good food, nice salad bar”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

They have a nice soup and salad bar here, but have changed the size of salad plate that you can use (smaller, of course) apparently in a cost cutting measure. The soup and salad bar has 3 soups (?homemade, not sure), garlic knots and various salads. I do think they need to bring back larger plates. Service is varied, there seems to be a turnover with the wait staff frequently, and I think the kitchen staff.

Visited June 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Garlic Knots are ADDICTING!!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Broad, mostly Itallian-based, menu. Both our meals were very good, but the garlic knots were the clear hit. Washed down with the 2for1 Happy Hour Yeunglings, I could have made that the meal. Other portions were large too, so needless to say we ended up with lots of leftovers to enjoy the next day too.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bluegrass_Boiler72
Trumansburg, New York
“Fried Everything”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Uninspired fried food with canned tomato sauce. If you are starving and everything else is closed, go ahead. But only if you have to.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank w0lfw0man2k
Waterloo, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

After driving for 30+ miles to use a gift certificate for another establishment and finding it closed, we saw Little Venice and decided to give it a try. I was a little apprehensive as the entrance is into the bar area, which is a neighbor bar atmosphere. We were seated in the dining area and settled in to order from the dinner menu.

My boyfriend ordered the special, which was a trio of Fettuccini Alfredo, Stuffed Shells Al Forno & Chicken Parmesan. I ordered the Raviloi Ala Langostino Lobster. My boyfriend was not overly impressed with the Fettuccini Alfredo but was extremely impressed with the Chicken Parmesan and very happy with the Stuffed Shells. I can't begin to tell you how good the Raviloi Ala Langostino Lobster was. I wanted to eat the entire plate but I was full about half way through it. It was delicious! The fresh bread that came with it was very good and when I asked for a substitution for the salad bar, the server said it would be no problem at all. IF I HAD to chose something about the meal that needed improvement, it would be that the wrapped butter pat was ice cold and impossible to spread on the fresh bread. Room temperature would've been perfect!

I gave the atmosphere a "poor" rating as it needs updating and the neighborhood bar atmosphere spilled into the dining area. The jukebox overpowered the music in the dining room and the sound of the pool balls on the pool table clacking was evident. Considering I ate one of the best Italian dishes I have ever had there, they would do themselves a great service to split off the dining area so it is on it's own.

I definately recommend this to anyone traveling through as a hidden little culinary gem.

• Visited November 2012