My boyfriend and I recently spent my birthday at Juniper Hill B&B for a romantic getaway and couldn't have been happier. We live in Ithaca, but we felt like we were a hundred miles away! Bruce kindly greeted us at the door upon arrival and showed us around the house. We were in awe at the unique and beautiful features that were presented to us. I have never stayed at a B&B before, but I can imagine that this was most likely one of the nicest B&B's around.
We stayed in the John Singer Sargent room, and it was even more elegant than the pictures can describe. The art work around the room (and not to mention the whole house) was such a nice touch to the atmosphere of the inn. Literally everything was so detailed from the furniture to the paint detail on the walls. Bruce & David also make cookies for you to snack on that are to DIE for! We had snacks and coffee right outside our room which we definitely took advantage of.
Hazelnut Kitchen is located just a short 5 minutes walk down the street form the hotel, which is one of the best restaurants in the Finger Lakes. You need to make a reservation in advance, but it is definitely worth it, especially if you are staying at Juniper Hill. We went there for dinner to make our experience at Juniper Hill that much more special.
Breakfast was promptly 9am the next morning. Everything about the meal, the beautiful dining room, the presence (and taste) of the food, and even the detailing of the plates and silverware were incredible. Bruce & David even let us see their doggies after we finished eating. They were too cute!
I would recommend staying here anytime you are looking for a Finger Lakes getaway. Whether you are a parent of a college student, celebrating an anniversary, or just wanting to get away. We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Juniper Hill Bed & Breakfast offers luxurious privacy, yet easy walk to eclectic Trumansburg shops and bars/restaurants and short drive to Ithaca culture, Cornell and Ithaca Universities. Enjoy the beautiful Finger Lakes in upstate New York along the Seneca and Cayuga Lake Wine Trails. Our Inn is right in the heart of 25 New York State Parks and a variety of museums and historic homes. The countryside is dotted with over 90 wineries, orchards, dairy farms, award-winning restaurants, and shopping/antiquing. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Hill Bed And Breakfast
- Juniper Hill Hotel Trumansburg
- Juniper Hill Bed & Breakfast Trumansburg, New York - Finger Lakes